I stayed here for a week in May and was really glad I came to stay here. The whole hotel is set up to be calming and serene and the staff are very helpful.
The rooms are very well maintained and equipped and everything is spotlessly clean. The reception area is quite informal and welcoming and has plenty of seating where you can wait while any others you're travelling with are still getting ready. I used the gym a few times which has fairly new equipment which doesn't squeak or clunk, although there isn't much of it as with most hotel gyms I've seen. A touch I've not seen before though is the gym clothing hire so you can travel without having to bring any gym gear (even trainers) although I did have my own with me. There is a pool which I didn't use which looked OK through the window but had quite limited opening hours.
The restaurant here is nice and they serve a great breakfast although it is pretty expensive. Despite that there is quite a choice for breakfast and a lot of it is specifically designed to be healthy and nutritious. I didn't eat lunch or dinner in the restaurant but I did try some of the bar snacks like the wings which were fabulous. Both the bar and restaurant make full use of their position overlooking the harbour itself and make nice places to watch the comings and going on the water.
My room itself was great and has everything you need including complementary bottles of water and a recycling bin. I actually changed rooms part way through my stay due to personal reasons (there was nothing wrong with the room whatsoever) and both rooms were great. Although my first room (315) benefited from a spectacular harbour view. I can't remember the actual costs but the valet parking was really expensive, although no more so than any of the other hotels around here. A much cheaper option is to park in one of the multi-storey car parks nearby where you can park for 24hrs for a fraction of the cost. The area is quite compact and spreads out for only a few blocks in any direction so walking around should be fine.
Room number 315 with a harbour view, then moved to 312 with a street view
Tea making facilities in room - Yes, with Starbucks coffee
Toiletries - Yes
TV channels - Standard cable channels
In room safe - Yes
Internet - Wi-Fi throughout but there is a charge. I asked nicely at reception who were happy to give me the conference guest code for free wi-fi though!
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Washington National Harbor Hotel Oxon Hill
- The Westin Washington National Harbor Hotel
- Westin Oxon Hill
- Westin Hotel National Harbor
- Oxon Hill Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising up on the shores of the scenic Potomac River, The Westin National Harbor looks out over views of our nation's capital and its many landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Westin Washington National Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.