My mother and I decided to take the grandson ( her great-grandson) for a weekend away but we wanted to be in driving distance. We decided he would love the Smithsonian since he is dinosaur crazy and she booked us into the Westin. This is a beautiful property with river views that are breathtaking at night !! You can par k your car and never move it again untilits time to go home ...everything is within a walk or a water taxi ride away !
The real stars of this property are the employees. I dont know how they found soooo many genuinely nice people for one property but they did. Everyone we encountered from the bellman to the desk agents to the engineer who brought us a fridge to the housekeeper who listened so patiently to the litlle boys rather long story about his "build a bear" experience to the morning hostess in the restaraunt...each was a genuine joy ...I've worked in the hospitality industry for 10 years...this is the exception to the rule. Add to that gorgeous rooms and gooood food and really nice guest amenities in the rooms and it all adds up to you getting a bang for your buck !!
I will be recommending thie Westin to my friends and family and to any strangers who will lend me their ear :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising up on the shores of the scenic Potomac River, The Westin National Harbor looks out over views of our nation's capital and its many landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Washington National Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Washington National Harbor Hotel Oxon Hill
- Westin Oxon Hill
- Westin Hotel National Harbor
- Oxon Hill Westin