Stayed at National Harbour for a conference at the Hampton Inn and Suites. Easy ride in on the Airport Shuttle express (20$ booked online). Grab the airport shuttle back from Gaylord as it is cheaper (and search for a online coupon code)
Location was literally across the street from the much more expensive Gaylord International Conference Center. Check in was easy and they stored my luggage for a little while without incident. For interest sake I tried to claim it a couple of hours later without the check tag just by describing it....no dice! which I liked.
The rooms were new and bedding and bathrooms where very good. Had no problem with the HVAC and the room cooled down nicely. Slept well and the hotel was quiet. Internet was free and printed a few pages in the business center which was well equipped but a bit small. could get crowded but it wasn't while I was there. I liked the breakfast, in National Harbour food is at a premium as there are no reasonably priced restaurants. STARBUCKS is non-existent - I know I looked.
One thing is that the staff does seem to make a few mistakes. There was no shortage of a lineup at the front desk at peak times with people complaining "I booked a king size and got two twins". and at check in it took quite a bit of time for the hotel representative to find my reservation. Why it took a while I'm not sure as I had the confirmation number. The line was about 3-4 people deep at check in time in two lines. Check in at the Aloft National Harbour took much less time.
All in all a decent hotel and very convenient to the Gaylord. Free internet and a decent breakfast for several hours at a not unreasonable price make it a decent choice in the National Harbour area. A little bit of polish and the staff will be pretty good as well. Happy travelling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites® National Harbor hotel is located in Oxon Hill's newly developed National Harbor area just minutes from our Nation's Capital. National Harbor is an exciting new gateway to Washington, D.C. and is quickly becoming a destination unto itself on the banks of the historic Potomac River. Our National Harbor hotel gives you access to this exciting developing area and all it has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites National Harbor / Alexandria Area
- Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor / Alexandria Area Hotel Oxon Hill
- Hampton Inn Oxon Hill
- Oxon Hill Hampton Inn