“Washington DC from National Harbor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Waterfront Street, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
National Harbor, United States
“Washington DC from National Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel was more than what we expected. We arrived strangers and left friends. The contact with the staff throughout our stay left an eyeopening impression of how lovely the people of the DC area are. We viewed many monuments, buildings, and history but the the greatest surprise was how kind, hardworking, gracious and serving the people are. The people are the greatest memory.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ted F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for visiting us. Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We strive on a daily basis to meet and exceed all of our guests expectations. We are very pleased we met and exceeded your expectations! We thank you for your business. We hope to see serve you again in the near future. Sincerely Ted Fleurimond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Expensive but reasonable for the area based on other hotels in that location. Nice rooms, clean and excellent back-up to staying at the Gaylord. Nicer ammenities than the Marriott across the street in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ted F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for visiting us. I want to DEEPLY apologize for the inconvenience and for the issues you mentioned. Our team strives on a daily basis to be the best in delivering super customer service to all of our guests. I thank you for the feedback and comments. We will use your remarks as a training tool to improve and continue to be the #1 Ranked hotel on Tripadvisor at National Harbor where most our guests score us a perfect 10 in customer service. Again, I am disappointed we failed to meet your expectations. I would like to invite you back to the hotel in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to me direct with any comments. We are looking forward the opportunity to serving you again. Sincerely, Ted Fleurimond, General Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel to attend my graduate school graduation and there was also a family reunion at the hotel. This hotel is in a perfect location when visiting National Harbor, but the hotel was lacking in it's amenities and customer service. The first night the A/C was not working properly...called for a repair tech and he stated that's the way the A/C runs. In addition to no A/C, repairs were being done to the brick resulting in a lot of noise. My mother told me that one of the ladies at the front desk was so busy texting on her cell phone that she could pay attention to the hotel guests needs during breakfast time. The housekeeping was subpar. I had to call twice for towels for my room, my parents,and in-laws rooms. Our last night the A/C completely stopped working and was not cooling at all and to too it off...the breakfast the following morning was not to good. They ran out of syrup and failed to tell hotel guest before we made our waffles. I expected better and it was obvious that this hotel could not handle the crowd. I will not stay here again when visiting National Harbor.

Stayed July 2014
Ted F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Value Guest,

I thank you for visiting us and making our hotel your home away from home for such a wonderful proud family event. We are very happy know that you did enjoyed our great location. We think it's one of the best in the DC area. I want to personally apologize to you and your family for the below our standard service you received. Outstanding customer service is our core and a routine for us but we failed to deliver on that day. I am so sorry! Our goal is to always meet and exceed all expectations and needs. I want you to know that I have addessed and corrected all the issues you mentioned. We will also use your feedback as a training tool to get BETTER. We hope to have an opportunity to be of service to you and your family in the future. We thank you for your business. Ted Fleurimond, General Manager
North Olmsted, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

In the DC area, the National Harbor is a great place to be. There are lots of restaurants, shops, a harbor, bike paths, and the new Ferris wheel. The Hampton Inn is located within walking distance of all this. The facility itself is clean and efficient. It has all the amenities you would expect in a major hotel, such as a pool, exercise room, Wi-Fi, etc. The only amenity missing is a restaurant / bar inside the hotel, but since there are several restaurants / bars within a 5-minute walk, this is hardly an issue. The complimentary breakfast is a bountiful buffet, and the menu changes daily (nice touch for those who like variety). The staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms are sufficiently stocked with routine amenities, but the carpeting is starting to show signs of wear. When I was there, there was some work being done on the exterior façade of the building, but I hardly noticed that the work was being done. The area is easily accessible from the highway, but does not have a local connection to a train station. My work commitment has me in the DC area every week, and I usually stay at the Hampton Inn at National Harbor (there have been times when I have been “shut out” because of local conventions, so book your room early). I have never been disappointed and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you fro visiting us.
Our team really enjoyed reading the great comments and feedback you shared with us. We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service. We are looking forward to your next visit to our hotel. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any concern or comment!
We thank you for your business. Ted Fleurimond, General Manager
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stay was 3-4 July 2014. We did a quick overnight stay. Our room was a 2 queen beds nonsmoking room. The hotel décor and the space for all the facilities is large compared to other Hampton’s I have stayed in but I don’t feel the same about the room. They are not the smallest I have stayed in for a Hampton but they are on the small side for the price you pay. I have stayed in about 4/5 Hampton Hotels this year and this cost me the most but was the second of the lowest in room space. The eating area was the largest I have seen, but unfortunately I left before breakfast. Since the hotel was nice and located in a nice location, I wished my stay could have lasted until after breakfast.

As always with Hampton hotels, the staff was friendly and pleasant to work with and very helpful with information. One negative was the young lady during our checkout was sitting outside out front in her vehicle maybe with a boyfriend because she got out the passenger side when I had to search for someone to check out. I thought this was unprofessional. If your place of duty is at the desk for customers then she was not able to answer the calls or be there for me for checkout. This was between 0200/0300 4 July 2014. However she must have seen us after we loaded up and I came back in looking for someone and got out the car and came in.

The parking garage is a small walk across the back of the hotel. I believe all the hotels nearby use the parking garage for their customers. You take the ticket going in but use your room key to be let out. But at 0300 in the morning the exit gate was up, so if someone wanted to get in they could come in on that side. But it was nice to be able to park in a covered area because it was raining.

The area is a nice area, with stores, plenty of eating places and party spots. The Harbor front with “The Awakening” was nice to see again. They have really done a nice job in this area fixing and building it up. It was nice to see how far it has come.

Room Tip: The hotel faces another hugh hotel called the Gaylard, so either that will be your view or the parki...
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for visiting us. I thank you for the feedback and GREAT POSITIVE COMMENTS. We have addressed your feedback with the team and are using it as a training tool. I am glad you did enjoyed our hotel overall. We would to invite you back and are looking forward to serving you in the future. We want to make our hotel your home away from home on your next trip to National Harbor. I thank you and value your business. Ted Fleurimond, General Manager
Baltimore, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great location in the National Harbor. Clean, new and excellent customer service. Breakfast is included which is a plus. Only wish they had their own parking associated with the hotel. The closest garage is pricey.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ted F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for visiting us. We want to thank you for taking the time to share your warm thoughts about TEAM and HOTEL. We strive on a daily basis to deliver 100% sincere customer service because we care about all of our GUESTS. I am deeply proud of our TEAM and PROUD that we met your expectations. I want to personally thank you and we are LOOKING forward to your next visit to National Harbor. Sincerely, Ted Fleurimond, General manager
Haines City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton because I was attending a a conference with two of my children. I was a little nervous and on edge because I was traveling alone. The entire staff was very accommodating. I felt comfortable from the moment I walked in. In particularly, Mickii Muhammod, Malicka Almansoob and the GM Ted Fleurimond were always pleasant and did above what I expected to make us feel comfortable. What pleased me the most is that they were pleasant and accommodating with every guest that I saw them interact with. They went the extra mile to make sure that our stay was pleasant. I had a wonderful experience. I look forward to future stays at Hampton locations, especially if all of the staff is as pleasant and hard working as those three.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ted F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for visting us. We believe great customer service and taking care of our guest is a team sport. We love our guests. We have great people who work hard and go above and beyond to make all of our guests very COMFORTABLE and 100% HAPPY. I want to personally thank you for the kind and warm words you mentioned about the TEAM. We hope to be of service in the very near future. Sincerely, Ted Fleurimond, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area? Share your experiences!