“A great stay at Hampton Inn Nationl Harbor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area

You added Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Waterfront Street, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
crotonny
“A great stay at Hampton Inn Nationl Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

What a wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn. First I need to say that although National Harbor is still under construction, it is still a very nice and "safe" place to visit.

My husband and I stayed for 5 days while touring Washington DC which was a pretty easy commute by Bus and Train. We also visited Alexandria, Arlington, Mt. Vernon. (That we used our rental car to do) Must visit the National Zoo, that was my favorite place. Back at National Harbor McCormicks steak house had the best Happy Hour Meal going, you can get a burger for $1.95 or slidders for $3.95. (All menu items under $10.00 at the bar from 3pm to 6pm - check it out!)

The staff at the Hampton inn went out of their way to make you feel comfortable and were very helpful with restaurant suggestions. We really enjoyed out stay and high recommend staying there. Parking garage was easy to get too its right behind the hotel, also very safe, lots of security all through out National Harbor. We strolled through Gaylords property which was very nice also, we ate at one of their several restaurants i can't remember the name but I believe it was a sports bar which was very good too.

Great stay!

• Liked — IT WAS CLEAN
  • Disliked — NEED SOME OUTDOOR SEATING BUT THEY SAID THAT WAS COMING SOON..
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

Staff: We only dealt with the front desk, but the woman that checked us in was extremely friendly and professional. She made sure we knew where to park, informed us of the completementary hot breakfast, and gave us a few pizza menus because we wanted to order a quick bite to eat without leaving the room.

Room: We stayed in a 2 double bed room which was clean and comfortable. There was room for a cot as well. We enjoyed the floor to ceiling windows with a view of the Gaylord and part of the water front. The bathroom had plenty of counter space and a nice selection of completmentary toiletries.

Location: The location is great - right across from the Gaylord and everything in the new National Harbor is walking distance. The only down side is there is not a lot of nightlife yet. No bars are open late (I assume they close when the restaurants stop serving dinner) and Pose at the Gaylord no longer allows anyone to enter unless you are a hotel guest.

Breakfast: We took a quick peak at the complimentary breakfast before we checked out, but it looked mediocre. The "hot" portion of the breakfast buffet included gravy, a funny looking egg (sort of like the kind you find in an Egg McMuffin), and coffee. Pastries, muffins and yogurt were also availble, but we opted for brunch in nearby Old Town Alexandria.

The overall value was GREAT. Clean hotel, affordable rates and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

I travel for business (8 times per year min.) and vacations (4 times per year min.) all hotels. I have had good ones and not so good ones. This hotel is excellent!

The hotel and the service was excellent. From the front desk staff who welcomed us to the people serving breakfast - I was very impressed. The room was perfect and had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was just right. The pool was clean and refreshing.

Parking was extra :( but it was safe, clean and right across the street.

National Harbor is the current best kept secret - going to the Washington area? Drop by and stay at the Hampton Inn Oxon Hill you will love it!.

Thank you to the staff of the Hampton Inn Oxon Hill you made our vacation special!

• Liked — Fresh and Clean
  • Disliked — I had to leave so soon.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

Do yourself a favor and save your money and avoid the Gaylord. I was there for a trade show recently and this is the place to stay. You get breakfast, internet, and a newspaper delivered to you without the 15 dollar a day resort fee. You also have cheaper parking but let me tell you there were problems with that too.

Stayed here for 5 days. Place is new clean and a FANTASTIC staff. They are responsive and fast. I had a issue with the remote and within 5 minutes I had a new remote. Ty handled my check quick and efficent. Although the night manager checked me out and tried to book someone in my room. Yes I had someone try to get in at 10:30 at night.

The food is great. The business center is great and the laundry is great.

Not so good: Pool hours. They have pool hours. You can not use the pool during the day. Only late afternoon. That wax bizarre. The parking is terrible. The garage is across the street behind the hotel. The gaylord owns it and getting in and out was a pain. They have to explain the parking to you. Remember to have the desk explain it to you.

There is nothing in Oxon hill right now. The food situation is either Potbellys or the Gaylord. I heard wait times were very bad at the Gaylord. So go across the birdge or downtown DC. Lots of places to eat and close by. Do not go up one off ramp. Yes there is fast food but the area is not so good.

This is a great place to stay if you have something going on at the Gaylord.

• Stayed July 2008
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

I booked a night here while attending a meeting at the Gaylord--which was full. This couldn't be more convenient--right across the street. Plus it was a very nice hotel at a great price for that area. Everything felt new and fresh. Very pleasant lounge area. Very modern and tasteful bathroom. Comfy beds.

I arrived in the middle of a storm, which resulted in a power failure and temporary loss of their elevator--so I couldn't get to my room on the 5th floor right away. However, the manager bent over backwards to be helpful--storing my bags, bringing me a bottle of water and dinner coupons, and just being overall pleasant.

the harbor and shopping areas are only a short walk away.

I would definitely stay here again if I had a meeting at the Gaylord.

• Liked — Conveninet, good value, clean, modern,
  • Disliked — energy-efficient light bulbs were too bright for nighttime reading(no big deal)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

What a wonderful hotel, located in the new National Harbor area right next to the Gaylord. The rooms are very spacious and well put together - with flat panel TV's and the bedding is fantastic.
They have an indoor pool, and their excercise room is out of this world - treadmills, excercise bikes, free weights and more...WOW!! I used their business center when I was there and it was very nice, had 3 computers with printers and everything. We had breakfast each morning and let me tell you what a fantastic breakfast - and they even changed their breakfast items each day we were there.
For a hotel that is only a few months old - let me tell you how wonderful the staff and service is...fantastic!!
We walked right out of the hotel and straight towards the water - what a great view. The area around the hotel is coming together nicely - they have several restaurants open with many more to come
I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler to the alexandria, national harbor, dc area - they are a step above anyone else

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Ewing, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Oxon Hill overnight, It's a beautiful hotel with a lot of modern conviencies, IE flat screen TV, shower massager. The staff was friendly and helpful, we were there with about 20 family members including our mother in law who is handicapped, they help her to their fully ADA suite. Everyone liked their suites and we had no complaints. Parking was across the street in a parking garage and was $10 per day, it's close enough to not be an inconvienance.
The area is still under construction, but it's a great area by the water and you can tell it's going to be a wonderful place to visit once completed.
We went to the convention center, right across the street for dinner, it's worth going over and taking a look at, there are shops and resturants on the first floor, very nice building, interior waterfalls, cafe seating, etc. There is some kind of exclusive club/bar on the top floor, everyone going up was dressed very nice.
The only negative was the new thermostat in the rooms, it's on some kind of motion detector so if your not moving around in the room the temperature sets to some medium temperature, I guess to save on energy when guest leave the room. But at night when your sleeping with the air conditioner on the temperature goes up and it get warm, because your not moving around in the room. The thermostat is located close by the bed so we waved our hand in front of it and the A/C came back on.
The breakfast was typical for Hampton just OK.
My husband has relatives in this area an we will be staying here when we visit.
Lovely hotel

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Thermostat
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area? Share your experiences!