“Did not issue a receipt, otherwise very good hotel and staffs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area

You added Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Waterfront Street, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Bridgeport, West Virginia
“Did not issue a receipt, otherwise very good hotel and staffs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have booked this hotel online and prepaid for it and only got a confirmation number and no receipt for the transaction. The hotel is not the problem, I do rate it very good along with with there very courteous and helpful staffs. I would suggest book directly with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wendy W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn! I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and everything the National Harbor has to offer. I'd also like to apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced trying to obtain a receipt for your trip. I can understand how that would make doing an expense report difficult. Oftentimes, when reservations are made using prepaid terms (Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Advanced Purchase, etc., money is paid directly to these 3rd parties and the hotel cannot generate a receipt. I know this may make things a bit complicated so please let me know if I can be of any assistance in recovering one at this time. I would be more than happy to reach out to them to provide one to you. Thank you again for taking the time to complete this review of Trip Advisor. We look forward to another opportunity to show you the true hospitality for which we are known!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Oxon Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Tried this hotel for the first time and was so impressed with not only the excellent value, but the service was outstanding. I was to give praise to GREG on reception for his kindness, helpfulness and genuine interest in making my stay as pleasant as possible. I hope you will pass my thanks onto him

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Wendy W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Of course we'll be sure to pass on your gratitude to Mr. Greg! He is defintely one to make an experience memorable at the National Harbor :) His hospitable disposition is truly genuine and he gets excited every time he hears his name mentioned. I will be sure to recognize him formally at our daily stand up meeting tomorrow morning. I hope that the entire staff was just as accomodating :)

Please be sure to come back and see us at the Hampton Inn and Suites the next time you're in the area. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return trip!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel is across the street from the Gaylord Resort. I was attending a convention at the Gaylord and was able to get a less expensive room rate at the Hampton. The Hampton is a good business hotel. I like that there were lots of electrical outlets by the bed and on the desk. Bed was comfortable. The check-in and check-out was fast (less than 2 minutes) and the staff was very friendly. I would stay at this hotel again if I was in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your fantastic feedback! We pride ourselves on the level of customer service we provide and sincerely grateful the kind words...

Please know that you're more than welcome to come back and visit us anytime. We appreciate you helping to make us a Trip Advisor preferred hotel in 2013!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was there for a conference at the Gaylord Hotel. The Hampton Inn is certainly cheaper than the Gaylord and just as nice (I've stayed at the Gaylord before and have seen rooms)--in fact, the HI rooms are bigger. It's just across the street from the Gaylord so it's not an issue attending conferences there. The HI is immaculately clean and has good internet access, spacious rooms, free breakfast, and really, really good service. Shout out to Mickii who did a great job checking me in and listening to my room preferences and the rest of the staff for the friendliness throughout. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wendy W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a perfect 5 Star Review! I appreciate your feedback and specifically mentioning Miss. Mickii at the Front Desk. She does a fantastic job taking care of our guests and it's always encouraging when someone takes time out of their day to acknowledge personalized service! Please come back and see us the next time you're in the area. I hope you enjoyed your conference and stay on the National Harbor.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

A colleague and I booked rooms in this hotel for a business trip because the conference host hotel, the resort across the street, was booked up. While I'm sure the resort hotel had untold luxuries, I was pleasantly surprised to discover this hotel was far more grand than I've come to expect from most Hampton Inns. Typically, they are clean and serviceable; this one was more like a Hilton, with a stylish, open lobby, hot breakfast and luxury linens. In fact, not only the sheets but the duvet covers are cleaned for each guest, according to the note left on the bed. The staff were well-dressed and helpful. Definitely a step up!

And I just love that the cleaning staff makes a little shrine of your bathroom items. :-)

A few words of warning: in Maryland, all pools are required to have lifeguards, so the pool is only open a few hours per day, typically in the evening. If you're anticipating an early morning swim, you can't do it here (nor at most hotels in the area). Also, while there is a suite room behind the front desk stocked with basic food and drink items for purchase, you're out of luck if you want diet soda of any kind--they don't stock a single brand of diet. You have to walk down the street to the CVS for that, and my room at least didn't have a fridge to store for future snack breaks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wow! You're comparing us to a full service Hilton hotel - thank you so much for the kind words! We pride ourselves on the level of customer service we deliver and it's encouraging to know that the smallest of details didn't go un-noticed. (I've made sure to make the housekeepers aware of your appreciation for their amenity shrines too!)

I'd also like to apologize that we didn't have the diet soda products you were looking for in our suite shop while you were here. We certainly could have gone to the CVS to buy them for you! We have since added 5 different diet products to our selection to make sure we're offering drinks for everyone.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please make sure to come and see us again the next time you're visiting the National Harbor!
National Harbor, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The change made to original booking (3 months in advance) through Expedia and confirmed with hotel was lost.... after over an hour call with Expedia and Hotel (while I sat in lobby) ... the issue was resolved.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello! Thank you for staying with us on the National Harbor. I appreciate the kind words - even with the challenges during the reservation process. I know that the discounted rates may seem more inticing, but it's defintely more complicated to make changes if they're booked through third parties. Again, I'm sorry for any inconvenience associated with trying to change your arrival date. Please feel free to contact me directly at 301-567-3531 should you plan a return trip to the Washington DC area and we'll make sure you're in good hands throughout the entire process! We look forward to another opportunity to show you the true hospitality for which we are known...
las vegassd, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Hampton Inn & Suites offered the best overall value at National Harbor. The staff were very polite and accomodating and the lobby atmosphere was like home. I appreciated their attention to details and providing a weary traveler a room away from the elevator and noise. The breakfast was always hot and provided a great variety to fit dietary needs. The grab and go breakfast is an added touch. I look forward to my next visit to the Harbor and Hampton Inn & Suites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We are most definitely appreciative and look forward to having you back on the National Harbor to visit soon :)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area? Share your experiences!