“Good business hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area

You added Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Vancouver
“Good business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Helpful and friendly staff, workout room and pool, no restaurant but less than one block from many good and varied restaurants and pubs. Overall a good hotel for business or leisure travel, would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mark L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. We are honored that our hotel has been your choice in the Washington, D.C./National Harbor area. Our dedicated associates who deliver world class service to all of our guests look forward to your return visit to the area in the hope that we may show you how we earned the 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
Cordially,
Mark Lesser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when I attended a conference at the Gaylord Resort. The Hampton is literally across the street and the price was significantly less than staying at the resort. I was extremely pleased with my room and the hotel. Even though there isn't a restaurant or lounge on site, there are many options within walking distance. Over all I was extremely pleased with my decision and would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn at National Harbor for business March 1-5, 2013. The hotel was much more then what I expected. I was expecting at best a 3 star property. It was at least a 4 star. Great beds, large rooms, free breakfast and wireless internet! Great location!!! Staff were friendly and avaialble. Needed a fridge and there was none in room. They brought one up for me right away. No room service was the only down side. Hotel lobby was upscale and huge! Very pleased and will stay again!

Room Tip: Was in room 613. It was huge and faced the Gaylord
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times when I was attending a conference at the Gaylord Center. The rooms were more than adequate for size, it included a King size bed on one stay, which didn't matter to me...too big. The Fitness room was well equipped, and the staff was great.
Both times that I stayed here, the staff was very helpful.
The continental breakfast was well provided, and even with a hotel full of teen sports teams, the sleep was quiet and the food for the breakfast was provided quickly.
I have had a great stay here and would recommend it to anyone.
CC

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Fantastic location at National Harbor in Oxen Hill Maryland. Very friendly staff that was helpful and knowledgable about local attractions and restraunts. Was in the area for business at Andrews AFB so this was a very good location with plenty of dining options within walking distance of the hotel. Not a aprticularly good location if you plan on doing stuff in DC as the area lacks metro acess.

Room Tip: Higher rooms offer better views, north side rooms face high rise parking garage
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Waynesville, Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I usually prefer the Hilton hotels more than other chains...so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw there was one at the National Harbor. Perfect location! It was within walking distance to all the stores on National Harbor...well, everything at the harbor is within walking distance to each other, but it was just a nice hip area. There's a walking/running trail all the way around the harbor, there were Christmas lights all over. Just an awesome place to be at that time of the year. The hotel itself was nice - but I had kind of expected more for one reason or another. It seemed like cheap material was used - foggy sliding glass for the shower - just not very modern-like. But it was fine. Upon checking in, I saw an odd device behind the door above the frame. Being pretty paranoid while I travel, I called the front desk and was told they would get an engineer to come look at it. The engineer arrived and kind of laughed at me and said he wasn't sure what it was but that he thought I probably thought it was a camera. So the answer I got was, I have no idea what it is, but I can assure you it's not a camera. I was told he would check with the chief engineer but never heard back. It wasn't until I checked out and returned home and called back to the hotel that I got an answer that it is a motion sensor for conserving HVAC's power. So does that mean while we're sleeping or not within the line of sight of the sensor that the heat/AC won't kick on? The other odd thing that happened was the pool. I have never been to a hotel pool and seen a lifeguard on duty until this stay. I almost reported him to the front desk...it's a tiny pool and I just wanted to get in some exercise, but I felt so uncomfortable that I probably only swam for 10 minutes. I felt better when I walked past another hotel at the harbor and the pool had a huge picture window and there was a lifeguard there too...so maybe it's an area law that requires lifeguards on duty in hotels? Not sure...but just FYI. The breakfast was decent. Parking is a bit inconvenient...you have to park in the parking garage and use your room key to get in and out and pay at the end. But the garage is only across the hotel so it wasn't that bad. So overall, it was a good stay, just had some weird encounters. Maybe a sign inside the room explaining what the device is would put guests more at ease...and follow up when the employees say they will follow up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brunswick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hotel staff very friendly and normally I love Hampton's, however....got to the hotel and they did not have my reserved, confirmed, guaranteed room and I ended up in a 1 bedroom king instead of a double without being told, till I was surprised when I entered the room. Elevators were broken and from discussions with the desk it was a normal occurrence. Took 10 minutes for the one "working" elevator to come to the 9th floor (no way I was taking the stairs). Too far from water and at a weird angle for any real views. Overall very high price for limited value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mark L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your time to post your review. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations and fell short in several areas. We are making changes in our operation and we hope that on your next visit, those amenities that you missed, will be available to you. Please contact me directly to discuss any future reservation needs. I would like to make those reservations here for you. We would love another chance to show you how we've earned the 2012 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence.
Mark Lesser

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area? Share your experiences!