“#1 in service, so far!” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“#1 in service, so far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been staying and reviewing many hotels in Salt Lake for the past couple of months, and must say that this is my number one overall choice.
I scored a stay here for a great deal off of travelocity. I was a little apprehensive because its not in downtown Salt Lake, but closer to the University.

The minute I stepped into the fully modern facility I was greeted with many smiles and hello's from staff. As I headed up to my room on the elevator I was asked where I was from and how I was doing by a staff member. I felt important but didn't look it with my shorts and backwards ball cap.
As I made it to the room, I struggled to with the key. A staff member happened to see me struggle and offered his assistance.

Once I made it into my room I found a very modern, updated room, and talk about immaculate. I generally find something wrong with a room, random hair, dirt, holes or dirty sheets.....but there was nothing I could spot at this time.

I made it to the bed and fell in love. This had to be the most comfortable bed I have found in all of Salt Lake. I tried to come up with every excuse to stay in this bed and not go to work...but I finally ended up going to work.

Room service was exceptional. They even called to make sure everything was alright and if I was enjoying my stay.

95% of the staff I encountered on this stay spoke with me, helped me, or just acknowledged me.

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE????????

I only have two minor complaints... one NO WI-FI, you have to purchase it. Second..I told you I was a freak. I found stains on the bed skirts. I know I'm not the only one that doesn't think it's coffee stains on the bed skirts. Your in a hotel, your mind goes automatically to gross.

But my hats off to the staff for an amazing experience. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Raymond, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

In today's travelspere, you expect a Marriott Hotel to provide internet access but not at this hotel. If you want access, pay for it. The hotel is remote, serving the university and area. There are not amenities nearby, The staff were friendly, the water in the lobby cold and refreshing. The atrium windows were filthy, however. Not my favorite place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
JoeS278, General Manager at Marriott Salt Lake City University Park, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Salt Lake City Marriott University Park and for sharing your experience. We truly appreciate the positive comments regarding your interaction with our Team Members and the complimentary water in the lobby area.

Your feedback is very important to our success. I can appreciate your frustration regarding the charge for Internet Access. Unfortunately this is Marriott requirement and we do not have the flexibility regarding this option. We do offer complimentary internet access in our lobby, Starbucks and our food and beverage outlets. We are also addressing the condition of our atrium windows.

Although our location was not ideal for your visit, we truly appreciate your patronage. Our goal is to always meet or exceed the guest experience by providing superior service and accommodations. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations.

You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We look forward to the possibility to serve you again in the future.

Joe Snarr | General Manager
Marriott University Park Hotel
Davis, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The front desk during our stay was extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms are a bit small especially the bathrooms. The towels were old and scratchy. We arrive with no towels and no soap. We had to call down twice. The maid arrived and said she was busy. This was 9:30 at night. I judge a hotel by its bathroom and the shower was nicely designed with nice glass doors and tile. However, there was mold in the shower especially in the corners. This is just not a good housekeeping. We asked for a late check out which was graciously given. Very appreciative of that as we were pre riding a course for national time trails and needed to take a shower before getting on a plane. We put a do not disturb sign on the door and the maid knocked on the door and said we should be checked out. I told her we had a late check out and she gave me grief about it because she wanted to clean the room. I was shocked by her behavior. Our room included breakfast as the concierge lounge was closed on Saturday and it was a full buffet which was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
JoeS278, General Manager at Marriott Salt Lake City University Park, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Chiili –

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Salt Lake City Marriott University Park. We greatly appreciate your comments regarding the helpful and friendly service received from our front office team, and the added benefit of a full breakfast buffet being offered on the weekend for our concierge guests.

You also indicated in your response that our maid service, overall professionalism from our maids and cleanliness of your shower was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Since this time, we have reviewed your comments with our housekeeping team and have implemented a weekly training program on proper behavior and how to better communicate with our guests. We have also adjusted the inspection process for our bathrooms to ensure these experiences are not repeated.

We are grateful for your patronage and look forward to being of better service to you in the near future.

Joe Snarr
San Antonio, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Quick weekend overnight at the Marriott Salt Lake City University Park. Hotel is in a quiet part of town near the U. A little bit out of the way but not bad. Staff is obviously well trained and everyone we encountered tried hard to impress. Room was clean in everything was in good shape. Ample free parking. Had snacks in the Pitchers sports bar (not so good) and breakfast buffet (average) in the hotel restaurant. Full service Starbucks in the lobby was good. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hickory
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've stayed at this Marriott several times and have had great experiences every time. The staff there have always been wonderful. The first time I came to UT, I was stung by a bee while out hiking (imagine that). The lady at the front desk brought up soda and white vinegar for me to put on the bite (very nice of her).

The rooms are a decent size. It's a decent sized hotel. They have a nice gym and pool. They have an on-site restaurant, a bar, and a Starbucks. Also, if your business takes you to the hospital, they have a complimentary shuttle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Idaho Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here for two nights at the end of term when picking up my son from college. Normally would stay at University Guesthouse but didn't plan enough in advance. We had rewards points so this worked out alright. Rates are normally more than UG and no breakfast included here. Parking lot is larger and easier to find a spot for a pickup truck. Right at the edge of campus so that works out well. They do have a full service Starbucks so that is nice for grabbing a cup of coffee before you head out. Staff was efficient and rooms were clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

First problem: no free WiFi. Not cool. $10/day on top of the room rate. Stayed 6 nights so $60 total. Had to argue with the desk clerk, but did get it removed. 2nd problem: poor maid service. Would not restock coffee/tea. Daily complaint ignored. Small bathroom, no tub. University Guest House was $30 less, had free WiFi and full breakfast and closer to campus. Much better all around. Stay there if you are in town for UU activity.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
JoeS278, General Manager at Marriott Salt Lake City University Park, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to provide feedback to the Marriott University Park. You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I apologize that we fell short of our goal. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid the housekeeping issues that you experienced. I would like to extend an invitation for you to return and give us the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional hotel experience. Please contact me directly when you would like to make a reservation. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Marriott Salt Lake City University Park? Share your experiences!