“Excellent Treatment” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Excellent Treatment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed on the Concierge level. It was wonderful. We love the lounge, food, and atmosphere. Rooms are great.
BEST OF ALL: The Concierge, Jim. He is the ultimate concierge. Cheerful, witty, quick, and just a bundle of energy, He could make anyone's say enjoyable!
I have a Service Animal. She was welcome as well. (She likes to ride the glass elevator)
I want to thank the Marriott for their accomodating of Service Animals!
We will definately go back.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Concierge level. It is well worth a few $ more!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Idaho Falls
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Maybe it's just me but I expect certain comforts to be standard with a room without paying extra. For example, having to pay an extra $9.95 day for wiifi and extra for a small fridge or microwave which was not available anyway. Staff was curteous to go to their own break room to warm up my left overs. I was given coupons for breakfast but was turned away at the cafe and directed to pick up my to-go breakfast box from a lobby room and had to take it back to the room. Not much a selection either. Choice of egg and cheese burrito or sandwich. No fruit, cereal, muffins, waffle, etc. The TV remote would not work and could not be fixed the first night.
I have received much more for much less elsewhere.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It is currently undergoing renovation, which is smart because it is hitting that point where it's looking rundown. That being said, the room size is generous (I had a suite). I liked that the bedroom is in the back with the livingroom closer to the hallway where the ambient noise is loudest. Convenient Starbucks on the ground floor, which made my 6:30 a.m. commute much more pleasant.

The staff is super friendly, and the location is close to some great restaurants near the University. Not walkable, but only about 6 minutes away.

Room Tip: The suites for platinum members have a great layout and a fridge if you will be staying a while.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is located approximately 3 miles from the heart of downtown SLC. They are going through a renovation, so I have hopes for improvements in the concierge lounge and fitness center. The rooms have been nicely updated. However, the concierge lounge is very simple, and most often self service. The wine offerings are terrible, which is what you expect for $6/glass. The restaurant fare is simple. I could also hear the guests in the room next to me, so I thought the stay was a bit noisy. The fitness center is large, but the equipment malfunctioned. The advantages from staying here versus the 2 full service Marriott's downtown are: it is less expensive and free parking. It is not my favorite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

During a recent stay, several inches of snow fell overnight. Walking out to my car, I was dreading the idea of dealing with the downfall in my dress shoes. Suddenly two Marriott employees approached me, armed with snow scrapers. They insisted I get in the car to stay warm while they removed the snow and scraped the ice. I was flabbergasted by this level of service. Likewise, the nightly wine reception in the lobby is unheard of at most Marriott properties.

Provo, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We got our room at this hotel last minute, and were thrilled to get a Marriott for a reasonable price. Unfortunately, we soon realized why we got it for such a good deal.

The whole hotel was under construction. Although it didn't happen during the night, starting early in the morning, all we heard was construction, which seemed like it was right above us. This was very annoying, as we were trying to sleep, and at one point, my son was trying to take a nap and couldn't because of all the noise.

The bathroom wasn't very well maintained. The grout looked dirty, and there was hair in the tub.

The fact that we had to pay 9.99 for internet was ridiculous. This is the only hotel we've stayed at in the last two years where that was the case.

When I ordered room service, it was a bit unnerving for the girl to take my credit card. She didn't come back with it for 30 minutes. This might be normal procedure, but I feel it would be better if they had a portable credit card reader.

There were a few good things. The lady at the front desk found us a king size bed (even though at first she said there weren't any),

Although the restaurant was expensive, it was good service and the food tasted good. I would recommend including a side with the meal, rather than having a 3.00 additional fee. We thought that was a bit odd.

We really wanted to like staying here, but I doubt we will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The bell man Nick was very pleasant and helpful.
My husband couldn't sleep because there was a bear on the 7th floor snoring.
It cost $20 to upgrade to the next floor. There pool looks nice but didn't get to check it out it closes at 10 pm. The glass elevators are nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the 7th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Salt Lake City University Park? Share your experiences!