Let me start by saying our room was clean and quiet and the location to downtown is excellent for walking. However, this is like no hostel I have ever stayed in. The clientele appears to be mostly long-term renters who are down on their luck. We stayed 2 nights and never encountered another "traveller" or spring break reveler like ourselves. Everyone was friendly, and it is located in a safe neighborhood but there was a definite feeling that we were the only people just passing through on vacation. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay, this fits the bill. If you are hoping to share a communal meal and talk with travelers from around the world, this is not the place. We definitely felt like we had rented a bunkbed at a halfway house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near all Salt Lake's major attractions, Ski Resorts, Convention Center:Temple Square with the world famous Tabernacle Choir, the Genealogical Library, Pioneer Museum, City Creek center, Kennecott Copper Mine, Red Butte Garden, Governors Mansion, University of Utah, and the Great Salt Lake.One mile from AMTRAK, Greyhound, & the Visitors Center.On Bus Lines, free parking, free internet, free breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your The Avenues Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Avenues Hotel Salt Lake City
- The Avenues Hostel Salt Lake City, Utah