“It Works Fine” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 76 hotels in Salt Lake City
Chicagoland
“It Works Fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

It doesn't have local channels on its satellite TV selection, but that's the only negative thing I can say about it. It's relaxing to stay in. It's reasonably priced, it has all other major amenities, and the staff is eager to please.

Room Tip: I liked the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel was convienient and the staff was GREAT...BUT..it really needs to be updated. My room was clean, but yeah...1990 fat TV and an odd smell to the room made the stay not as perfect as i wished. Luckily I'm not really a TV watching person.
It's a great location if you are at a convention across the street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Shilo Inn proved to us that you get what you pay for. We liked the price and size of the room, the convenient free parking and the included breakfast. Wireless worked great. The room did smell like someone had cooked Mexican food in the microwave continuously for a month before our visit, but hey, we like Mexican food. I commend the management for responding to TripAdvisor posts. So here's some friendly advice. Spend a little money on real-size bath towels for the pool and sauna. Hard to dry off with a postage size hand towel. And why no newspapers for sale in the lobby? Is Salt Lake City in some kind of news blackout? You could have the morning desk clerk stop off and buy a bunch and charge a buck above list price like the national hotel chains and no one would mind.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our recent tour of the US West. It was nice to be in a bed after 10 nights camping. Bathroom was very pleasant and the bed was very comfortable. A good night's sleep was had and the air con kept the room pleasantly cool. We had coupons for breakfast - oatmeal and coffee was my choice with my otehr half opting for the bacon. He did ask for biscuits as he hadn't had them before but think the waitress didn't understand his accent as he ended up with toast. Never mind. The staff were all helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Pat,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Salt Lake. I appreciate you taking the time to post your review and for your comments. It is important to every member of our staff to ensure that our guest have a clean comfortable room and excellent guest service for your stay. I hope that if you have another opportunity to visit Salt Lake you will be our guest.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

At first sight, this is an almost shabby, old fashioned place. However, its clean, comfortable, large rooms, excellent location and especially its welcoming and friendly staff will soon make you feel good. Deffinitely good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Marijana,

I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. I appreciate your comments, each member of our staff has a sincere desire to make sure our guests feel that they have a home away from home. Thanks again for choosing the Shilo Inn in Salt Lake City and we hope to see you again soon.

Cerritos, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

All the staff we spoke with were very helpful and friendly. We had some extreme needs, and the staff were all super-accommodating, which we very much appreciated. The room was pre-cooled for us, and the drapes successfully kept out the city lights. The ATM in the lobby was out of cash, and it's out-sourced to a 3rd party, but the staff helped contact them for servicing asap. I strolled around the lobby and upstairs group meeting rooms, and saw a piano, and comfortable couches. Lovely place to be comfortable with a people-watching option. One wall in the exercise room is all mirror. Nice assortment of equipment. We enjoyed the delicious free breakfast in the adjoining cafe, and the cafe is owned and operated by a daughter? of a famous longboard surf champion of Hawaii. There are numerous pictures on the walls in the hall between the hotel and the cafe showing the world-famous surfer with friends and famous people. Such fun. Both locations had a wonderful family - friendly feeling. What a great place! Hope I need to stay overnight in SLC again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Denise,
I want to thank you for staying with us during your visit to Salt Lake. I also want to that you for taking time to post your review. I take pride in our staff and their willingness to take special care of our guest. Each of our member of our team sincerely cares about ensuring that the Shilo Inn Salt Lake is like a home away from home. There are always areas we can improve and we always welcome suggestions from our guest. Thanks again for your review and I hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our room was nice and clean, and the house keepers were very friendly along with the morning waitress. I absoutely loved having 24 hour pool access! I booked our room at a great price and we really enjoyed our stay. If I was to recommend anything it would be remodeling issues. However we had a blast and if it were to do all over again I would definately stay here again! :)

• Stayed August 2013
April & Brandon
I want to thank you for choosing the Shilo Inn during your recent visit to Salt Lake. I appreciate you taking time to post your review and letting me know about the things you enjoyed and the areas we need to improve on. Each member of our staff takes pride in their job and ensuring that each guest enjoys their stay. We are updating areas of the hotel which is always an ongoing project. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Salt Lake.
Dave Erickson

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!