“Central location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 76 hotels in Salt Lake City
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Central location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our recent tour of the US West. It was nice to be in a bed after 10 nights camping. Bathroom was very pleasant and the bed was very comfortable. A good night's sleep was had and the air con kept the room pleasantly cool. We had coupons for breakfast - oatmeal and coffee was my choice with my otehr half opting for the bacon. He did ask for biscuits as he hadn't had them before but think the waitress didn't understand his accent as he ended up with toast. Never mind. The staff were all helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Pat,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Salt Lake. I appreciate you taking the time to post your review and for your comments. It is important to every member of our staff to ensure that our guest have a clean comfortable room and excellent guest service for your stay. I hope that if you have another opportunity to visit Salt Lake you will be our guest.

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

At first sight, this is an almost shabby, old fashioned place. However, its clean, comfortable, large rooms, excellent location and especially its welcoming and friendly staff will soon make you feel good. Deffinitely good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Marijana,

I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. I appreciate your comments, each member of our staff has a sincere desire to make sure our guests feel that they have a home away from home. Thanks again for choosing the Shilo Inn in Salt Lake City and we hope to see you again soon.

Cerritos, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

All the staff we spoke with were very helpful and friendly. We had some extreme needs, and the staff were all super-accommodating, which we very much appreciated. The room was pre-cooled for us, and the drapes successfully kept out the city lights. The ATM in the lobby was out of cash, and it's out-sourced to a 3rd party, but the staff helped contact them for servicing asap. I strolled around the lobby and upstairs group meeting rooms, and saw a piano, and comfortable couches. Lovely place to be comfortable with a people-watching option. One wall in the exercise room is all mirror. Nice assortment of equipment. We enjoyed the delicious free breakfast in the adjoining cafe, and the cafe is owned and operated by a daughter? of a famous longboard surf champion of Hawaii. There are numerous pictures on the walls in the hall between the hotel and the cafe showing the world-famous surfer with friends and famous people. Such fun. Both locations had a wonderful family - friendly feeling. What a great place! Hope I need to stay overnight in SLC again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Denise,
I want to thank you for staying with us during your visit to Salt Lake. I also want to that you for taking time to post your review. I take pride in our staff and their willingness to take special care of our guest. Each of our member of our team sincerely cares about ensuring that the Shilo Inn Salt Lake is like a home away from home. There are always areas we can improve and we always welcome suggestions from our guest. Thanks again for your review and I hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our room was nice and clean, and the house keepers were very friendly along with the morning waitress. I absoutely loved having 24 hour pool access! I booked our room at a great price and we really enjoyed our stay. If I was to recommend anything it would be remodeling issues. However we had a blast and if it were to do all over again I would definately stay here again! :)

• Stayed August 2013
April & Brandon
I want to thank you for choosing the Shilo Inn during your recent visit to Salt Lake. I appreciate you taking time to post your review and letting me know about the things you enjoyed and the areas we need to improve on. Each member of our staff takes pride in their job and ensuring that each guest enjoys their stay. We are updating areas of the hotel which is always an ongoing project. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Salt Lake.
rotherham,england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

As I have said the Shilo Inn was the worst on our recent trip but we had a nice stay there,the place could do with a refurb but it's still OK.We were on the twelfth floor and the room was large, comfortable and clean,the microwave was rather old fashioned with no turntable and not much power,the carpet was abit dark,the main problem with the room was the A/C that was efficient but so noisy we could not have it on to long at night, and like someone has said the window does not open for health & safety reasons but a small opening would have been nice.The pool is a good size but 9ft at the deep end so care maybe needed with small children,the spa is so long you could have a party in it,there is also a gym and sauna.All the staff we came in contact were friendly and when needed helpful and polite,especially 1 young lady on the desk who we had a laugh with.The Inn is close to downtown,a short walk to Temple Square,a trip to the State Capital is abit of a climb but worth a visit,has free but limited car parking spaces,breakfast and free wi-fi so it suited us nicely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Royj,

I appreciate you taking time to post a review and staying with us while visiting Salt Lake. I have addressed the issues you had with our maintenance department and they have been resolved. I want to thank you for all of your comments which we have reviewed with our staff. We are all committed to do all we can to ensure our guests a clean, comfortable, friendly home away from home with customer service second to none. I assure you that on your next visit we will not be the worst hotel on your trip. I hope to see you again soon.

Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Shilo Inn for 8 nights. The cleaning staff was very friendly, the other staff members (aside from 2 in the cafe) just did what they needed to do with minimal enthusiasm. the shuttle service was great and I loved that they had 3 working elevators - one with a spectacular view of sunrise and sunset! The hotel itself is tired. It seems it needs a bit of a facelift. There is a water stain on the ceiling of the lobby, and rather old decor. The room was pleasant, very clean which was wonderful but the windows needed a nice scrub, our windows didn't open so the air circulation was none existent. Breakfast was nice, nothing fancy from the little cafe next door you get coupons. The weight room & pool.... Needed some help and were rather dreary. The location is simply wonderful!!!! There is a rumour of it being haunted on floor 11 but we didn't have any issues with any unexpected guests ;).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear KnewYrzGirl,

I want to thank you for staying with us while you were in Salt Lake and I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and voicing your concerns. I have shared your review with our staff and I assure you that we are all committed to giving the very best customer service to every guest. We are in the process of updating areas of the hotel and are always working to ensure our guests excellent service and accommodations.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have to start by thanking Lisa for her great customer care. From the moment I walked in to Shilo inn she was attentive and cordial to my needs and request. Always with a happy attitude and smile in her face she was able to fulfill my needs and get me a great view of Salt Lake city. For a couple of hours I was hunting for a last minute prices and locations downtown SLC. Other places were expensive and did not have available rooms. I have membership card to other hotels but at Shilo Inn Hotel they offered me the best rate through TripAdvisor. Thanks Lisa. I hope you get a raise soon. Thanks for the best customer service while hunting for a hotel room. Thanks Trip Advisor for offering your services.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
LoCruz,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I also want to thank you for letting me know about the great customer service you received from Lisa. I have let Lisa and all of our staff how much I appreciate the great job they do. I appreciate you choosing the Shilo Inn and hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Dave Erickson

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!