“terrible customer service.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
Windsor, Colorado
“terrible customer service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We was in town for a function at the convention center my company booked a room here for my family and myself . We wanted to come in a day early and had hoped the hotel would honor out company and the association's pre arranged discount. No such luck for that , the people who I spoke with at guest services were in fact quit rude, and in fact couldn't even find my reservation at first. Then I requested an early check in I was told that I would need to do that the morning that I check in . The first morning of our stay we was awakened by room service at 7: 00 A.M. wanting to know clean the room . The next day house keeping didn't get to our room too after 3:00 P.M. then they left towels with such bad strains it was unbelievable . The next day house keeping didn't get to our room till after 4:00 P.M. we had a formal function to be to at 5:15 so w finally had to just ask for
some clean towels, and wash cloths. Upon complaining to the front desk we was rudely told they have until 5:00 P.M. to clean our room. We really expected more from this hotel than this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

There's not a better hotel in downtown Salt Lake City if you are looking for superb customer service. And the location is wonderful as it is right next to the convention center and adjacent to City Creek and half a block from Temple Square.

• Stayed August 2013
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wireless doesn't work. Forced the browser to restart, tried multiple browsers, tried to repair the connection. Wireless was "free" with my room. Ironically probably because there is no wireless.

Also right now I am working and wanted a snack before dinner. They brought red wine instead of white and the completely wrong salad. What a waste of time and effort!

It is positioned as a new "luxury" hotel but it is actually very old-fashioned and there is nothing "new" about it.

There is also a loud band playing outside until 10:00PM.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a great stay at the Marriott and so close to the Convention Centre. The food was lovely and the breakfast buffet a must. Staff were always courteous and attentive - even when they were bombarded with hundreds of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators! Great place to stay and would stay there again! Perfectly located.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We arrived very late (3:00 am) and were extremely tired at the end of our travels. Navigating that parking garage was not something we were up to tackling. The front desk was warm and friendly, accommodating us with a generous late check out due to our late arrival, however it was not clear where we were to park once in the garage, therefore we ended up dragging our baggage all the way across. We had trouble locating the right elevator as well.
The parking is not included in the price, and finding thd way out is another story.
Other than that, nice room, comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013
Edgecumbe, null, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a great time here. The staff were super friendly - wonderful service, they couldn't do enough for you. Lisa our Housemaid was super. We found it very hot here, so were thrilled when we arrived back at the Hotel that we had a choice of three types of flavoured cold water. Or you could pop into the bar and have one of their great margaritas! The coffee in the rooms was revolting, however, we were happy that we could pop down to the Starbucks that was on the premises. We went to the restaurant for breakfast one morning - it passed but I wouldn't rave about it. We went there more for convenience than anything. Hard to find a place for breakfast that was handy. However there were more positives than negatives as we were attending a Conference so it was great being just across the road. Recommend this place and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Woodland, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

There are two Marriotts in Salt Lake City, so be sure you reserve the one you want. This one is right next door to Nordstroms and the new City Creek mall, so most people I heard talking about it referred to this as "City Creek Marriott."
I was attending a convention at the Salt Palace Convention Center and love this hotel for that. The side entrance to the convention center is directly across the street from the Marriott (the main entrance to the convention center is directly across the street from the run-down, less reliable Shilo Inn) but it takes just a couple minutes to walk to the main entrance from the Marriott. In my case the side entrance was open in the mornings so we walked to the main entrance inside the convention center, which was a great feature since this was summer in SLC and it was already hot outside in the morning.
The lobby is nice for a relaxing break: fruited waters set out, comfy chairs (and not just one or two of them), and a calm atmosphere. It's a lobby where you don't feel awkward just sitting and hanging around. During busy times when the convention let out for the day, there was a very long line for the elevators and you could wait 15-20 minutes for an elevator. I chose to have a seat in the lobby till it settled down.
There's a Starbuck's right inside the lobby also, so you have a convenient place to grab a breakfast on the go if you're in a hurry. I had breakfast in the restaurant once, no complaints. Very friendly server who answered my questions patiently. The room service menu is limited, but my orders all arrived on time.
I love the beds here, very comfortable and plenty of good pillows. Beds feel clean with duvet covers rather than comforters or bedspreads (which sometimes creep me out because I know they don't always get changed).
Air conditioner worked and got my room as cool as I wanted it, but the thermometer was way off so I had to set it for low 60's when I usually go for mid 70's.
Check-in, luggage storage, check-out all went smoothly. I arrived in the morning and only had to wait about an hour for a room to open up, even though official check-in time was hours later and the hotel was completely full with this convention happening.
Whenever I'm attending a convention at the Salt Palace I'll stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek? Share your experiences!