“Close to Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
San Diego, United States
“Close to Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a good location near the airport. It is only a five minute drive away. The lake setting is nice. For being set back from the freeway, I was surprised at how much you could hear the road noise inside the room. The breakfast was pretty tasty.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Even though the hotel is located in the area surrounding the airport, which is pretty industrial, it actually has a very nice, natural feel to it. There's a nice-sized pond out pack, and ducks. In the back of the hotel there's a little green area with lots of trees. Lends a nice feel to the place. Also, the staff is awesome. All of them are very nice and helpful. Great bunch of people.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear mhambster,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Doubletree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport.
We do have a great setting giving the hotel a 'relaxing feel'. I am glad that our 'awesome staff' took care of you.
Until the next time,
James C
Manchester, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

As I have worked in the field of hospitality for many years, I am quite picky about my overall hotel experience. I was traveling through the Salt Lake City area and decided to stay at this property. The moment I walked in I was greeted as if I stayed here on a regular basis. The check in process went smooth, and the customer service was wonderful. My room was spotless, and the beds were comfortable. If you get a chance as a business traveler to meet Joe in the concierge lounge, take the initiative and do so. He could not be more perfect for the position. Joe is a delightful individual who exudes positivity and is on point in service/delivery. I would stay at this property again, and highly recommend it to anyone from leisure guest to business traveler.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Todd Y.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our Doubletree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport.
We strive to make every stay a success and it is wonderful to be able to share your comments with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Puyallup, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for four days for the Stars and Stripes Football Official Academy. Great staff! Handled a large group very well. Meals were well presented, food was replenished quickly and lots of liquids. Breakfast buffet staff handled large numbers well. Check in and out where quick and easy. Room 302 was large, clean and well appointed. Close to elevator but no noise. Older property but staff makes the stay!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Michael B.
Thanks for sharing your experience at our Doubletree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport. The whole team takes great pride in taking care of our guests and is always thrilled to get such great feedback.
Safe travels and we'll see you next time.
West Jordan, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I booked the Whirlpool suite for our Anniversary.... We tried to check in about 3pm and were told that due to the rain the room was not ready but it would be for sure by 5 or 530. We tried to check in at 5 and were told that the room was no longer available due to the weather but that they had put us in there Penthouse suite. Obviously we specifically wanted a whirlpool suite and if we know earlier in the day we would have made other arrangements.
The Penthouse suite had the living room on one floor then you have to climb up a spiral staircase to the bedroom. This causes some up and down if you need something from the other floor... this would not have been as bad if the carpet on the stairs was thick enough that you could not feel the metal rail on the front of the stairs. This was terrible. Then the front desk said this room has a large soaking tub so it would make up for the loss of the whirlpool. This was not the case. The tub was large in width but it only held about 8 inches of water. You could not actually soak in the tub as it could not even cover your legs. This was not romantic. We ended up putting up with the room for the first night but since you had to put on shoes to walk up and down the stairs and the tub was useless we moved to a standard King room on the second night. This will be our first Anniversary in 14 years that we will remember for the bad instead of the good.
The hotel itself is nice. The furniture was beautiful and functional and the staff were friendly. The breakfast buffet was above average and the linens were nice....except for the duvet..... The duvet did not have a cover.. it is only sandwiched between flat sheets and you know that duvet is not washed often so you do not want it touching you. The duvet needs a cover that allows you to at least believe that the cover was washed.
The pool was a nice size but it was a little too cold to relax in. The hot tub was hot enough but it was full of parents allowing their kids to play in the hot tub even though the hotel says that after 10pm there are not supposed to be any children in the pool area, they did not enforce this.
I believe under other circumstances this would be a very nice hotel to stay at especially if you are stopping through or are in on business, but we were definitely disappointed with this stay since we did not get what we expected and the Penthouse suite leaves a lot to be desired... the stairs are terrible and the soaking tub was more like a kiddie pool.
I recommend this for business in the standard room... just not the suites based on this experience.

Room Tip: Pick the standard or deluxe rooms facing the man made pond.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Picky0Traveler,
I know that Cassy has been in touch with you and explained that our whirlpool suite was unfortunately out of commission.
Thank you for your understanding and we hope to welcome you again.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel to visit family. The hotel is one exit west of the airport off of I-80. I was here for 5 days and I didn't hear any airport noise at all. Check-in was quick. Front desk staff were very pleasant. I was given the hot chocolate chip cookie. I booked an executive room & knew the lounge would be closed on the weekend. The next night when I asked what time the lounge opened on Monday I was given coupons for breakfast, 2 drinks, & an appetizer in the bar. I was also refunded the money I payed for breakfast in the morning. The room was very clean.Housekeeping staff did a good job of cleaning the room. Bed was very comfortable. The AC & heat worked with no problem. I didn't have much of a view but at least it was trees & not a wall. There are not enough outlets in the room. There was no outlet on the desk. A mini-fridge would be nice as I was there for 5 nights.
The only meal I ate there was breakfast & the dining area was very nice. Food was good. You could order off the menu or the buffet. The staff in the restaurant provided excellent service. John Paul & Elias Diaz were the 2 staff I encountered in the restaurant. The restaurant was busy for breakfast on the weekend. Michael Sivels is the banquet manager and he was always present helping his staff. I was able to speak with him for a few minutes & he made sure my breakfast for the 1st morning was refunded. The bar staff were very pleasant & it was nice to come back to the hotel & enjoy a drink or two before going up to the room. The bar area was very nice with low & high tables. Food was also served there.
I didn't use the indoor pool or exercise equipment but the are looked very nice.
I would definitely stay here again. I forgot to mention that there is a lake on the property that has a cement path around it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear jmiller45,
Wow what a comprehensive report!
Thank you so much for acknowledging Michael, JP and Elias, we are very fortunate to have a great team of caring people.

We look forward to your next visit.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

we arrived for a 2 day business trip and was greeted with a cookie and a smile from Vanessa who was outstanding.upon entering our room, we noticed several deficiencies and contacted housekeeping.within minutes, a knock at the door from a gentleman named David (although his name tag said Dave)started an adventure I will never forget! he was extremely professional and courteous and with one phone call, immediately upgraded us, moved the luggage for us,and gave us a complimentary drink and appetizer at the concierge lounge. this is service up and above what we could have possibly ever expected!if these two people are an example of the staff that you have, I/we will definitely be back! Thank You Doubletree for showing us that people do still care.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear jennifer w,
Thank you so much for acknowledging Vanessa and Dave; we are very proud of our team and just love to hear when despite challenges they come through for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again.
James C.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!