“Don't check in very late!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Airport Parking Offer
Ranked #39 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“Don't check in very late!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We checked in late about 12:30AM. I was greeted by a cold front desk women. I told her I had small kids in the car sleeping. She had my room at the very middle of the hotel. I parked my car in their pitch dark parking lot in the back (yes, they shut off all the parking lot lights and your car is not very well protected, see pics)and went to the back door and inserted my card, it wouldn't open. I went to two thee doors, the same thing. Finally the third door opened. After midnight you get to carry your luggage across their dark parking lot to the middle of the hotel and wonder the halls to get to the right room. After traveling all day and being exhausted this hotel is way too much work. This Hilton Gold Member will not be staying again. I hope my new car doesn't get stolen.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was an excellent property with superior service and comfort for the price. I also ate at the property and found the prices to be very reasonable, the service excellent, and the food amazing! I will definitely stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Castro Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for one night, catching a plane the following morning. This was previously the Hilton and has been transformed into a Doubletree. The renovations are very nice. The rooms are very comfortable and large. Bathrobes are provided. The pool area is very clean and very nice. We had dinner at the hotel and the food was very good, as was the buffet breakfast. Service was great for both meals. There is an executive lounge but it is closed on weekends. As a Diamond I was provided with an appetizer coupon, drink coupons and breakfast coupons. This was great custormer service when the lounge is closed. We had a great overnight stay and the next morning were just 10 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear wardgarner,
We are glad you had a great stay and thank you for sharing your comments. I hope you had a safe trip and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Safe travels,
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The entire staff here is amazing. I have been staying here since Dec anywhere from 5-10 days a month. Maids do a great job, Kayla AWESOME, Kris-Jenny-Kelly in the bar awesome. Kris is my favorite in the lounge. Always has a smile and chatting about his little guy. Van driver from Columbia ran me around one day looking for a last minute notary. Tom in the executive you can tell he's built a friendship with a lot of the guest. Keeping our drinks refreshed and food stocked. Breakfast bar in the restaurant is great. I usually get a little to go box since my van time is 6:15am every morning. Always pleasant in there too. This will be my home away from home for the entire year of 2015 while teaching in the hangar with SkyWest Airlines. Thank you for making me feel safe and like family each and every time. Nice to see warm smiles when away from your own family. Thanks again and keep up the great work!!

Room Tip: I like the original tower it's closer to lobby and executive lounge.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Tina M,

We appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to acknowledge some of our team by name.
It is always great to share such great feedback with the team. and we are so fortunate to have great people taking care of our guests.
Best regards,
James
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for a short staycation over spring break with our 6yo son. We just wanted a nice updated, clean, hotel with a heated indoor pool and spa and this place exceeded our expectations! We were greeted with smiles and warm cookies at check in, the lobby was lovely, our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. Everything was quiet and nice and we ended up with the pool to ourselves all evening. It was perfect! Would definitely stay here again.

Dear DisneyMama81,
Our team is happy to know that you enjoyed our Doubletree Salt Lake City Airport and we were able to help make your stay great.
Thank you for choosing us.
Until the next time,
Safe travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I typically stay at Hampton Inn & Suites, but I thought I would try the Double Tree Inn on this trip as a new experience. I will say that I was not disappointed in my stay. From check in to check out the staff was very friendly, helpful, and very courteous from the front desk to the restaurant staff. In addition, the rooms were very clean and comfortable offering a pleasant experience. I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to my friends and business associates.

Dear Robert W,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed a 'change of pace' at our hotel. Our team works hard to take care of our guests and loves hearing that we were successful.

Please visit again and bring your colleagues.

Safe travels,

Dayton OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Hilton Garden 2 hotels down the street a few days before staying at the DoubleTree. I assumed the DoubleTree would be a little nicer but it isn't.

I unfortunately had to eat at both hotel restaurants. (There aren't many places to eat nearby). The Hilton Garden one was actually pretty good (entree salad. DoubleTree not so much.

I could hear people way too much through the walls and ceiling of my room at the DoubleTree.

The front desk staff seemed somewhat clueless when I checked in. I also called for a wake up call from my room and nobody answered the phone.

So, overall not horrible, but there are many other hotels close to this one. Nice to be 5 min from the airport.

Room Tip: Don't get 1st floor by the parking lot
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Dayton_dan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your time at our hotel. I am sorry that you had a less than typical experience.
We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again and are sure that you would have a better experience.
Until then,
Safe travels.
James C.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!