I booked the DoubleTree at SLC Airport for an early morning flight after a ski vacation. The price was very good for the room which made the selection process easier. On this booking, I needed three rooms to cover the crew and called the hotel directly to ask that the rooms be close together and ready for our arrival that evening. I arrived to find the same clerk I spoke with 90 minutes earlier had not selected our rooms, or found rooms that were close together. As a Diamond with Hilton Honors, I am use to extra effort from the staff to accommodate me with my stays. I was first given one room in the Tower (that should come with a golf cart to get to the location from the front desk) only to find the other rooms were in a different wing. The layout of the hotel is that of something from the late 70's with additions added on to over the years without proper thought to design, signage, or additional elevators. I had to ask an employee to help with locating the Tower room since the layout is extremely confusing and the signage from the main building to the Tower was lacking. Once in the room, I called the desk to find out that I should not have been booked into the Tower and needed to make the 1/4 mile hike back to the desk to get another room. Once I was re-assigned a new room, it still was on a different floor, not convenient to the elevator or near the other rooms.
Once in the rooms, they have been updated but based on a layout from decades ago. The doors are the first tip with the hardware updated but the door from years ago with numerous layers of paint was still in place. The keys for entry to the room required three or four attempts to get the door open. There appeared to be no rhyme or reason for why the keys did not work on the first attempt but would after multiple tries. The bath has nice marble tops matched with updated faucets and tile but too small for more than one person at a time. The desk was nice but only two AC chargers and no USB power ports. After settling in the room, I returned to ask about breakfast to find out that as a Diamond member I should have received vouchers but did not. Kayla was helpful in getting the vouchers, help with printing tickets for the following day, and ensuring the billing would be on one statement for the three rooms.
Overall not a bad hotel but work needs to be done on the layout, maybe a cart to carry guest to the Tower or an additional desk for guests in the Tower, signage from the main hotel to the Tower needs to be improved, and the updating of the rooms needs to include expanding the bath and updating the power/electronic options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Salt Lake City Airport offers a unique Airport setting in which to stay and relax. The hotel is two minutes from the Salt Lake International Airport and ten minutes from Downtown Salt Lake. Situated on an eight-acre lake, our resort-like hotel is surrounded by breathtaking mountain views. Our DoubleTree Salt Lake City Airport hotel features all of the comforts of home, luxury hotel services, great hotel dining, weddings your way, all the necessities of the business traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Salt Lake City Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Hilton
- DoubleTree By Hilton Salt Lake City Airport Utah