“The Hotel Time Forgot....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Offer
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Fayetteville, Georgia
“The Hotel Time Forgot....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I booked the DoubleTree at SLC Airport for an early morning flight after a ski vacation. The price was very good for the room which made the selection process easier. On this booking, I needed three rooms to cover the crew and called the hotel directly to ask that the rooms be close together and ready for our arrival that evening. I arrived to find the same clerk I spoke with 90 minutes earlier had not selected our rooms, or found rooms that were close together. As a Diamond with Hilton Honors, I am use to extra effort from the staff to accommodate me with my stays. I was first given one room in the Tower (that should come with a golf cart to get to the location from the front desk) only to find the other rooms were in a different wing. The layout of the hotel is that of something from the late 70's with additions added on to over the years without proper thought to design, signage, or additional elevators. I had to ask an employee to help with locating the Tower room since the layout is extremely confusing and the signage from the main building to the Tower was lacking. Once in the room, I called the desk to find out that I should not have been booked into the Tower and needed to make the 1/4 mile hike back to the desk to get another room. Once I was re-assigned a new room, it still was on a different floor, not convenient to the elevator or near the other rooms.
Once in the rooms, they have been updated but based on a layout from decades ago. The doors are the first tip with the hardware updated but the door from years ago with numerous layers of paint was still in place. The keys for entry to the room required three or four attempts to get the door open. There appeared to be no rhyme or reason for why the keys did not work on the first attempt but would after multiple tries. The bath has nice marble tops matched with updated faucets and tile but too small for more than one person at a time. The desk was nice but only two AC chargers and no USB power ports. After settling in the room, I returned to ask about breakfast to find out that as a Diamond member I should have received vouchers but did not. Kayla was helpful in getting the vouchers, help with printing tickets for the following day, and ensuring the billing would be on one statement for the three rooms.
Overall not a bad hotel but work needs to be done on the layout, maybe a cart to carry guest to the Tower or an additional desk for guests in the Tower, signage from the main hotel to the Tower needs to be improved, and the updating of the rooms needs to include expanding the bath and updating the power/electronic options.

Room Tip: Make sure to get proper directions to your room to avoid getting lost looking for it. A hotel map w...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Palm Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stay at this Hotel twice a month. I am always treated well and the rooms are nice. The only draw back is the location of the hotel. It is in a business park west of the airport so it is quite far from down town.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Kris my bartender was amazing. I'm traveling through on vacation for Christmas. Heading back to Wisconsin. He absolutely made the stay worth while. Friendly, outgoing, polite, personable, and a great smile. Excellent food recommendations and made my experience quite wonderful. Being a service industry veteran of 14 years....he wowed me. This man deserves a raise.

Stayed December 2014
James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Nathan P.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I appreciate you acknowledging our bartender Kris, he is a great guy and takes pride in everything he does.

We hope to welcome you again,

Best wishes for your holiday season.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I believe this hotel has been remodeled fairly recently. It used to be the Airport Hilton. It is well maintained and very clean. I find the room layout a bit strange, and think they should have increased the bathroom size by a couple of feet each way, but other than that it is a spacious room. The mattress was excellent, but, as in most hotels, the pillows were too thin and soft.

Dear TroyP3,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad that you had a great experience and hope to welcome you again.

Happy Holidays,

Muscle Shoals, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel with my business and stay in lots of different hotels. This one has to have the nicest and most helpful staff I've ever stayed in. I've stayed in the newer part of the hotel and the older part. Of course the newer part is a little nicer(amenities are newer and less worn), but even the older part is nice. Beds sleep great. Nice noise reduction in walls. Very clean. Excellent breakfast. LOVE the shuttle to the airport, of which you can ride TRAX into downtown. (I did that for 6 straight days in August and started my Ancestry research while on that trip!) So, this is one of our most favorite hotels we've stayed in! Highly recommend!

Dear Stephanie M,

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our team, everyone truly wants to take care of our guests and it is wonderful to hear that we were successful.

I am glad to know that you were able to take advantage of the convenience of our light rail system here in Salt Lake City.

Best wishes for your holiday season,

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was very accommodating, the service was first rate, and front-desk staff were very friendly and ready to offer services needed. The cookies were delicious and fresh. The restaurant had some nice, but limited selections, Waiter had a difficult time serving all that was ordered... not sure if he were new. Bed was comfortable and room plenty spacious.

Room Tip: Rooms are very spacious... corner may be good but not necessary.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Golfer4status,

Thanks for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate you acknowledging our friendly team members and are certainly glad you enjoyed our cookies.

We are keeping some cookies warm for your next visit.

Happy holidays,

Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Got a corner room there (no 490), with lots of space and decent views. Spend just one night, tried the gym, everything great. If you plan tp go out of shop in the evening, though, there is nowhere to go in the area. I needed a pharmacy and the closest one was some 10 minute car ride away. Did not see any restaurants around either, but I guess there is a restaurant at the hotel (haven't tried it though). But this is not the hotels fault ;)

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Audi77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and had a great experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Happy holidays!

James C.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!