“Good Value, Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5151 Wiley Post Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Chilliwack, Canada
“Good Value, Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

For the price paid we were very pleased and impressed with the upkeep and cleanliness of the hotel. Restaurant atmosphere nothing special and menu was a bit pricey but the food and service were top notch. Front desk staff were friendly but one individual a bit unhelpful. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear alano331,

Thank you for sharing your feedback we are glad to know that you enjoyed our great food and service.

We hope to welcome you again when you are next in the Salt Lake City area.

James Courtney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

arrived the 1st night of our schedule stay, go to check in and I am told they have sold out of all rooms, mind you I had a reservation. hotel employee suddenly found a suite and upgraded me and my family. if the Hilton calls this a suite they have low standards. toilet barely flushed. bathroom door was warped from what looked like water damage, the shower head was loose from the wall. I was charged for 3 nights of incidentals but only stayed 2 nights (later was fixed) when my wife questioned the front hotel clerk she made her feel stupid and like we were poor and could not afford the charge. the room we stayed in also had caulking around most of the room that had not been finished. this was no suite, I felt more like this was the room that they used as a last case option.

Dear 454marlina,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; I am sorry that there was confusion at check-in. We do authorize credit cards at check however the actual charge does not happen until check-out.
I do hope this did not cause an inconvenience.

I appreciate your feedback and will certainly share with our team.

Salt Lake City, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Printer did not work bathroon molding had stains other guest were smoking in their rooms is the middle of the night children were running up and down the hall called the front desk the noise and smoking subsided for an hour or so then continued until 4 in the AM. Highway traffic was noisy Will never stay here again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Cynthia L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that you were disturbed by other guests and I can assure you that is not a typical situation.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you again.

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had a great experience staying at this hotel. very pictursque location and a rooom facing the lake and the snow capped mountains. The Service by the hotel staff was exemplary and made me feel at home...Would recommend to all my friends who visit Salt lake city to stay here..

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Nagaraj V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. The team is thrilled to know that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed their great service.

We wish you safe travels.

Marbleton, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The staff was very friendly but it sure would have been nice if they actually enunciated when they spoke. It was like they spoke inbred Ebonics! The maintenance staff was very friendly too. I found this out after my TV went on the fritz and wouldn't connect to the main system. I was there for training for work and being where they were was a bit of a hindrance. Nothing was close! I didn't have a car nor a couple hundred dollars for cab fair. Just keep that in mind. If you find yourself here due to a lay over, it's close to the airport and has a free shuttle. If you're going for vacation, I'd suggest something closer to town and the attractions and restaurants there. There's also no breakfast unless you go to the in house restaurant and pay $15.00 a plate. For $120/night you'd think they could at least have bagels or something.

Room Tip: Bottom floor on the South side have sliding doors. The "Tower" is as far from any amenity...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Ryan W.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be friendly. We are the oly hotel in the area to offer a full service restaurant and bar. We are adding a a coffee shop serving starbucks specialty coffees etc.

Until your next visit, safe travels.

Pocatello, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

With a few corrections this hotel could be an outstanding place to stay. I voiced my concerns with two managers and they were very attentive to my comments. With some changes the the breakfast buffet should be one of the best.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Palmer P,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree SLC Airport. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Torrance, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I made a reservation from the website with the advanced payment. My card was charged upon the reservation by hilton. When I checked out, I was charged again for the room by doubletree this time. So I was charged twice. I called the hotel and was transferred to the person who takes care of billing. I left a message twice as nobody picked up, and nobody calls me back. I hope it will be taken care of promptly. Other than that, the hotel was nice. The front desk staff was nice and the room was clean. It is close to the airport and has a restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Azusa M.
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. It is great that you acknowledged our friendly staff they are thrilled to know that they had a positive impact on your stay.

James Courtney

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!