“Very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Montreal, Canada
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I had a five-day conference in SLC and brought the family with me. Room was comfortable. Staff was very friendly and accommodating - they didn't have the exact room type we had reserved, so they upgraded us to a larger room on an executive floor to make it right. Hotel is well-located, very close to downtown shopping and to the Mormon Temple. No complaints - this is a good option when in downtown Salt Lake City.

Stayed July 2014
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear RoadTripNeil,
Thank you for your recent visit, and posting. We strive to "make it right" for our guests. I agree with your posting.....We believe our location is perfect for a short walk to Temple Square or shopping at City Creek.

Thanks again

Jeff Protzman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This has all the quality you would expect from a Hilton, but lacks polish. The rooms and beds were very comfortable and the housekeeping staff keeps the place very clean. The staff is friendly. The dresser is our room was full of nicks and scrapes, undoubtedly because of its age. The hotel has no café-style restaurant expect for breakfast. The prices are high. The sole restaurant for dinner is Spencer’s Steak House where it will cost you $50 per person for a complete meal. Fret not; there are many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel of various qualities and prices. Fret not, unless it is raining or snowing outside. I was attending a conference. If that conference was held again at this hotel, I would not object to staying there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear godolnj,
Thank you for your recent visit and posting. I appreciate the details that you shared on your experiences at our hotel and in downtown Salt Lake City. I agree, there are numerous restaurant options for our guests to choose from within walking distance with a wide variety of cuisine and price ranges. I appreciate the information regarding the dresser condition. We are currently refinishing our dressers int he guest rooms and should be completed within 60 days.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The conference rate was $149/night with the same rate available for a few days before and a few days after. A week or so after I made my conference registration, I decided to stay an extra night and was quoted $179, NOT $149, using the same conference rate code. Decided to see what the AARP rate would be for the extra night on Friday $89!!! Made the AARP res and requested to stay in the same room which was done. WIFI policy is weird, which is why I dropped from overall Excellent to Very Good. One code for the conference rooms and one code for the guest rooms. Unlike other conference hotels where you have free wifi for your entire stay through out the edifice, Hilton makes you sign in every day and it is SLOW. Bring your own pillow if you like one that is a bit firm and gives support. Last but not least, sign up for Hilton Honors. I did at check-in time and got a credit of $167.

Room Tip: Rooms with two queen beds are really with two kings. Pleasant surprise. Also in that room is a cha...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joan P,
Thank you for your recent visit and the detialed information that you have provided regarding the accomodations and reservation process. I apologize for the internet connectivity problems that you experienced. We are process of completing a major upgrade with AT&T to improve our connectivity speed throughout the hotel. We will complete this upgrade by the end of September, which will greatly improve the WiFi speed for our guests.

Thanks again for your business and your posting.

Boca Raton, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a conference for 4 days. Got a good rate through the conference. The room was large. The air-conditioning was strong, but located in a corner of the room such that only that corner stayed cool and the rest of the room not so much. Despite being there for a conference which required use of the internet, the internet connection was horrendous. I was given a "coupon code" to log in, however the conference internet code never worked properly and the internet kept switching to AT&T which the hotel said was not the right connection. If I was able to connect properly I was signed off within 15 minutes of connectivity. Very slow and frustrating. There was a public internet connection in the lobby which was spotty.
The food offerings in the hotel are average. It is nicely located 10-15 minute walk to the family history library and near the mall. There is no free shuttle to the airport which was a disappointment as many other hotels in the area have this service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tyler T, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear hnsadler,

Thank you for your recent visit to our Hotel for your conference. We appreciate any feedback that is given to help us improve our service to valued guest such as yourself. I apologize for the internet connection problems, due to a high volume of business at the hotel the connectivity of the internet is spotty at times. We are taking the necessary steps to improve our internet quality and to make it more accessible for guests during peak business times.
Again, I want to thank you for your feedback and I hope that if you consider us again, that your stay will be above average.

Tyler Teran
Guest Relations Manager
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel is a nice 10 minute walk to the Family History Library, as well as next to most of what there is to see downtown.

The beds and sheets are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. The price was good at $149/night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chesterfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was going thru Salt Lake City to present at a conference being held at this hotel. The property was easy to get to from the airport, via taxi, and for a single night, it made a lot more sense than renting a car and having to pay to park at the hotel as well. The room I was given was on a higher floor, and was well appointed and quiet. The staff was very accommodating, and was able to give me a slightly late checkout so I could wrap up my presentation, change clothes, and head back to the airport. The price was good, and the room very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Conyers, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Hotel was amazing. We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel. Food was great. Everyone was so friendly. Room was very large and modern. Bath was large and very well done. Everything fresh. Staff handled everything for us. Would stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: I think every room is a good room. Best location of all on our trip.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Syble H,

Thank you for your 5 Star review and your recent stay at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. I hope that you will come stay with us again!

Tyler Teran
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Hilton Salt Lake City Center? Share your experiences!