“Great service, clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Watauga, TX, United States
“Great service, clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Very nicely run hotel. Clean rooms, clean public bathrooms. Very attentive, friendly, and helpful staff. Used in-room dining and the grilled chicken sandwich was good but soggy fries. Delivered by a very personable and polite staff person.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Erda, UT, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I enjoyed the room, it was quiet, clean, and had nice commodities. However, the only thing I could ask for, is a dock or adapter for iPhone 5s. Even though there was an iHome dock, I could not use it, nor could I charge my phone, as I had accidentally forgotten my charger.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Denver, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Never heard doors slamming, nor noise from people above and people below. Underground parking was good. The only complaint might be the TV remote control - Channel Change was difficult (button worn out probably). Hi-Def TV was excellent. Traffic access to the hotel was very good. Overall location was very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on October 22nd, 2013 and it was just ok.
We found a used dirty towel hanging in the bathroom. We didn't bother complaining, just threw it on the floor under the sink.
We ordered room service for breakfast and I heard a quick knock on the door and before I could reach the door someone was putting a card in and entering our room. I got to the door and found some woman there who just said "oh sorry" and walked away. Have no idea what she wanted or who she was.
Breakfast came and it was cold. Everything on the plate was barely edible. For the price, I expect warm plates and warm food. Very disappointing. I ate it because I was so hungry and had a time constraint. Didn't have time to complain or wait for substitute. I just can't believe someone would deliver that knowing it's all cold!
Spencer's restaurant was good but they made us sit in the bar because we didn't have a reservation. It was a Tuesday night at 8:30 PM. It didn't appear at all busy but the waitress was very nice.
Overall, I think the Marriott is better. Room service there was always hot. This is our first time at a Hilton. We always stay at Marriott's and I think we'll continue to.

• Stayed October 2013
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear babooWyoming,
Thank you for your post. I apologize for the dirty towel found in your bathroom, and the poor quality and experience with Room Service. These issues are unacceptable and I appreciate your feedback so I can address them.
Please email me at Jeff. Protzman@hilton.com. I would like to discuss your visit in more detail with you when it's convenient.

Jeff Protzman
Point Cook, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a wonderful hotel to stay in prior to a guided tour of USA. My children enjoyed the pool area and it was very clean, with beach towels provided. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, with fresh yoghurt and fruit. Beds were very comfortable, and the room was large for a whole family. The hotel staff were very obliging providing maps for us to find our way around Salt Lake City. The hotel is very conveniently located, and all tourist attractions are within easy walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great hotel. Extremely helpful staff. Room was very clean. Everyone was so nice and quick to serve. Easy to get to all services downtown. Concierge was wonderful. I would have no problems endorsing this hotel as the place to stay in Salt Lake City for conventioneers or tourists. It's right on the tracks for easy public transit and right across the street from the convention center. Great place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

i have been staying Hilton since 80's. never paid any fee for breakfast and internet until this time. Also the hallway was noisy; I guess the sound suppress material was getting old. The facility lacked of good maintenance; the "Hilton" lights were broken in the top of the hotel, which looks bad. the concierge was good though; very fast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Fan J,
Thank you for your feedback and for your recent visit to our hotel. I appreciate your patronage and hope we can regain your confidence. There are no excuses for poor signage. I will make sure we are more diligent on our maintenance in that area of our building. We do offer packages on our web site that bundle parking and breakfast. I do hope you'll consider these when planning your next visit to SLC. Thank you for the compliments regarding our concierge service.

Jeff Protzman