“Great service but disapointed in the decor” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #14 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
SLC, UT
“Great service but disapointed in the decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2005

We stayed there 1 night before our vacation. The location is close to the airport which is nice for an early morning flight. They upgraded us to the executive level. So our room was very large with a bar area, living room area and then a loft bedroom area.

All the employees are very nice and very accomodating but the rooms are in need of an update. I stayed there about 5 years ago and the rooms haven't changed, it's old.

The carpets are dark green and the furniture is dark with dark woods - it reminded me of late 80's. The wall paper was ripped and had light stains. The room had a dark dingy feel, but it was clean.

I was looking forward to trying the sleep number bed, but I don't think 1 night is long enough to figure out your sleep number. My husband slept well but I did not and woke with a sore back. Also, we like to have a fan on while we sleep. This is normally not a problem but the fan in that room squeeks which added to my sleepless night.

In the morning I took a shower but there was no hot water. It was luke warm and when I tried to turn it up, it was freezing cold.

Overall I'm disapointed and probably won't stay there again until they update the rooms.

• Stayed September 2005

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2005

I had booked the executive level because this was the only rooms left. Paid a bit more and boy did it show. My room was large and had a fireplace. It was beautfiul. I really like the Sleep number bed.

I did have a couple of issues... #1 my tv only worked on the cable channels. No local channels came in. I really like to watch the local news so this was kinda the pits. #2 The water pressure in my bathroom was horrible. I was wondering if I was going to get the soap off.

The free breakfast in the morning was nice and most of the time pretty warm.

Location to the airport is excellent.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

This property does not live up to the Radisson name. I was excited about staying here as the Radisson reputation is very good and the sleep-number beds are a current craze.

Well, the decor is late '80s and there is a serious need for this property to be rejuvenated!. The bathrooms are tiny (really only a toilet and shower), with the sink outside. A benefit for some but not usually associated with better hotels. My showerhead was at least 10 years old and bought on the cheap.

Debris was everywhere in the hallway and room carpets. The furniture was low market, at best (my desk chair was a broken), and the TV hutch did not allow the TV to slide out or even swivle.

The bed, IMHO, is overrated. It is, essentially, an air mattress. Not a negative for the hotel, or this review, but not a reason alone to choose this place. The novelty wore off after about 10 minutes.

The good news? Well, the wireless internet had a strong signal (it's also free). Breakfast (also free) was better than cold cereal but each table still had an at cost breakfast menu (not sure what the intent was with that). The front desk staff, on arrival, was cheerful and attentive. Check-out was not better than here's your bill. Not any inquiries to my stay or to have a nice day.

Perhaps I'm being to petty. This is, after all, highly subjective, but my recommendation would be to stay elsewhere. The overall experience just isn't worth the money.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

I stayed at the Radisson, Salt Lake City Airport from July 22 through July 26 and found the hotel and its services outstanding. I am obsessed with cleanliness and found my room extremely clean, including the bathroom.

This hotel has the beds/mattresses that you can adjust for firmness, which is nice. However, it took me two nights of back pain to realize a firm mattress isn't necessarily the best for your back. Once I adjusted the setting to be less firm, I was fine.

I ordered room service one evening. The food arrived hot and on a nicely decorated serving tray.

The location of the hotel is right near the airport, which is good in some aspects, but I suggest you rent a car, because you are away from the actual city.

I would stay at this hotel again.

Westminster, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

This hotel has a very attentive front desk and we got to stay in a beautiful room with a sleep-number bed (you gotta try that thing). It was well appointed and comfortable. Overall, the hotel has a very elegant look about it. It looks "upper crust", for lack of a better term.
I would have given it a 5 up until we had breakfast. Oh my god, it is hard to believe that people can be that filthy when they eat, but when the breakfast room hasn't had any tables cleaned, you will see it. And it is really hard to have an appetite after that.
Another thing is that while the breakfast did offer things like eggs and sausage patties, you couldn't get your own drinks OR silverware. You have to ask the "attendants" for those things. And NO, they won't ask you. They basically waited in a corner of the room, and you are left to figure out that they hold the keys to completing your breakfast. Though once approached, they were cordial, however, I was never offered a drink refill and I still can't believe a staff can sit there and see all that mess and not lift a finger.
It amazes me that a hotel with this nice of an appearance and decor could drop such a bomb with their dining area and breakfast service. It left my girlfriend and I both a little in disbelief.

• Stayed July 2005
Boise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2005

This odd hotel was decent. The exterior architecture is very unique and the lobby can be described as ski lodge meets old Erope. The check-in staff was very friendly. I used the internet check-in and just needed to pick up the room keys.

The room was nice and clean, but the decor and color scheme was a bit dated. The bathroom vanity is very small and the toilet and shower/bath is in a tiny separate room.

They offer a hot breakfast buffet, but we found the food to be restocked slowly and the lonely drink server was over-worked. The tables were also slow to be cleared and cleaned. We ordered room service once; the service was quick, food good, and the prices fair.

The hotel was a great value for the $79 price we booked at.

• Stayed September 2004
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2005

I had no intentions of staying here--I was put up here by Skywest when their late plane forced me to miss a connection. However, I found this to be a very nice hotel, especially for one so close to the airport! The service was excellent--very friendly and welcoming. I was shocked to arrive during FREE COCKTAIL HOUR (Manager special) in the lobby! I did not know this was possible in Utah, and have never found this in any hotel of this class in America before. The room I got was very clean and comfy, with nice shower, bed, wetbar, fridge, good tv options, and couch. The room service was fine (not the greatest food, but better than a lot of hotels' room service), and there was free wireless internet in the room and a free computer and printer in the lobby (which has a suitable lodge feel.) The shuttle to and from the airport was nice, too. All in all, I rec. this place highly if you need to stay near SLC's airport.

Been to Radisson Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!