“Not Quite Radisson” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orem, Utah
“Not Quite Radisson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Radisson is one of our very favorite places to stay, but this one doesn't quite measure up to the high quality we are used to. The front desk attendant was not friendly or welcoming, and the bathroom in our room needs some work--especially on the leak stains up above. However, everything else was fine--clean, well-kept and quiet. The room was fine, with all the usual attributes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, about 10 minute drive from the airport. HUGE HD TV, a sleep adjustable bed (I finally know my sleep number!) and immaculately clean.

There was also a fridge in there.

We arrived pretty late on a Saturday night, so most of the area restaurants were closed. The front desk dude only suggested pizza delivery. However, we drove less than 5 minutes and found a huge slew of fast-food restaurants open on West Temple. Go figure.

That was the only hiccup from an otherwise beautiful hotel.

There isn't much going on Salt Lake City, which is a very drivable city...so use your car!

Also, this was a sweet deal from Hotwire only paid $63/night!

Room Tip: Room 200, or any other end/corner room. Huge vaulted ceilings!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My room was nice, the breakfast buffet was plentiful, the Sleep Number bed was comfortable, the shuttle to/from the airport was convenient and friendly, the housekeeping was persistent, but what really upset me was the lack of privacy. Someone called up (with a different last name) asking what room I'm in, and they just told them!! If I want someone to know what hotel I'm staying at and what room I'm in, I will tell them myself! Glad it was just my family asking and not some stalker!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I came into the restaurant on a Friday around 4:00 to have some drinks, as we approached the restaurant a short haired women asked us "2 for dinner" we just wanted some drinks, we aren't familiar with the liquor laws here until she very rudely and offensively explained we have to have food as well. We are happy to follow the law here, she was just so unwelcoming and unpleasant, then she goes to sit us and throws the menus on the table. I was about to go somewhere else. What turned our experience from a negative to a positive was the lady who actually served us dinner, she made us feel comfortable, she was pleasant and welcoming, in the end we enjoyed our dinner.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and accommodating. We had to take a friend to the airport at midnight and decided to stay the night. We come to SLC several times a year. We hadn't been here in about a year but the desk clerk remembered us. Rooms are very nice and you can't beat the location. Reasonably priced.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

First of all, the service was great from the front desk staff to the maids to the employees in the parking garage. They were so very accommodating and easy to work with. A few days prior to our stay, we had to change our reservations around and they were so good in helping us do that. From the moment we arrived, we just felt like they took so much pride in their establishment. Our room was soooo nice and spotless!! We had a family suite which consisted of a couch that made into a bed, bathroom and closet downstairs and a king bed upstairs. It was a sleep number bed and we slept so well! It was a great location. It was just over the freeway from downtown Salt Lake City, but away from things as well. We also tried out the room service and have to say it was one of the better breakfasts of our trip and at a very reasonable price. We have decided we will stay there every year on our summer vacation from now on! It was that nice!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I chose this hotel due to its proximity to airport.

The hotel has a unique castle like design, lobby and restaurant has lots of dark stain wood paneling.

It is definitely an older building, with a decor that is way past its prime, but the rooms seem to have been renovated and are clean and comfortable.

All my interactions with the staff were excellent. At check in, Jesse helped me out with my specific room needs. I used the airport shuttle, driver was polite and helpful with bags. Housekeeping was friendly and when I asked for extra towels, they were provided to me promptly.

Breakfast staff was quick and friendly. Other agents on phone were polite and effective.

Pros: Easy access to airport with shuttle, good free WIFI, free internet & printing in lobby desktop, free starbucks coffee in club, free parking, refrigerator in rooms, very spacious rooms, flatscreen tv, sleep number bed. Breakfast buffet was satisfactory, staff was attentive and offered to freshly cook any item.

I wish rooms had microwaves. A/C was quiet, plumbing was good.

Overall top score for staff, they are doing the best they can within an older building and its limitations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!