“Spotless, friendly, surprisingly reasonable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Waynesville NC
“Spotless, friendly, surprisingly reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

There ought to be some kind of axiom for airport motels: the closer, the worst? Certainly this Radisson doesn't fit that mold. A friendly, clean, comfortable place, five minutes from the terminal. Free shuttle with a chatty driver. Actually interesting architecture for a modern motel. Biggest surprise: on-site restaurant is tasty AND reasonable. It's not a white-tablecloth place, but it doesn't pretend to be and has a range: sandwiches/salads (best value) to steaks (didn't try them). I needed a little understanding from the management on an odd request and got much more help than expected. This is a first class facility, well-run, and a pleasure to recommend.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I am so happy to hear you had such a positive experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review to help us get the word out there. We love our guests and truly enjoy doing whatever we can to make their stay enjoyable, comfortable, and successful. We hope to have you stay with us again the next time you are in our neck of the woods. Thank you!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

mgmt staff is wonderful. I stay here frequently, several says at a time, and all my requests have been accommodated. Rooms are nice, convenient location, great breakfast, excellent for business travelers. Shirley is fabulous! (director of sales)

• Stayed August 2012
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Wow! Thank you. I have passed along your compliments to Shirley herself. She was very excited. I and my team are energized each time we hear great things about our product and service. We love serving our guests and it makes us so happy to hear we are doing it correctly. Please come see us again soon.
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was a quick one night stay for me and most of the time was spent out at meetings so I literally just slept there. The rooms in the center of the hotel on the top floor have vaulted open beam ceilings which are awesome and the bed was very comfortable. I like that the sink is on the outside of the lav/shower room, but the sink area was very small.

Check in was pleasant and they were great about letting me check in early to drop my bags and go; the next morning the hotel shuttle was on time and the driver was very friendly.

Parking was below ground (just a few spaces on the surface level) and the area does not offer much in the way of walking, but light rail is being built outside which will make this hotel convenient even for people heading into downtown.

A good choice for sleep comfort.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Harwinton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located with easy access to downtown, airport and major highways. Everything looked new, clean and fresh. Hotel staff pleasant and helpful as were wait staff in restaurant. We stayed in the loft style room which needed a few more amenities. To get loft area cool we needed to blast a/c so person sleeping in pull out bed below froze. A ceiling fan in loft would help circulate air. Need some end tables in living area or a few luggage racks so luggage doesn't end up on desk. Same for loft need luggage racks. Also need waste basket and tissue box up stairs and maybe a hook or two on the wall as closet is down stairs. Really dark in loft making it hard to navigate the stairs at night without waking everyone to use the bathroom. Light switch a mile away from bed. Actually thought the loft was bigger than it was and had 2 bathrooms. The only bathroom had a malfunctioning toilet that ran constantly. Felt like I was home and needed to get up and jiggle handle to stop it. Need some more space near mini fridge and coffee maker to put things down too.These may seem like small complaints but we stayed there for 7 days and these features that were lacking were noticeable to weary travelers. Three adults were in the room which was okay but it would be really tight with four adults. Overall a nice place but would choose a different style room next time.

Room Tip: Avoid loft room unless you want to run up and down stairs constantly to use bathroom, to get clothes...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am so sorry for the issues you experienced in the Loft Suite while you were with us. Please contact me directly at david.lythgoe@radisson.com so I can make it right with you.
Nantes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Between a flight from LA and a drive to Moab, everything was perfect, the shuttle service, the diner, the night, the breakfast, even the fitting room.

The shuttle service was quick and the driver very helpful, the diner was good and the waitress lovely, the bed very comfortable, the room (and bathroom) clean and large, the breakfast huge and delicious (with waffles!), the fitting room and swimming pool useful after all that food ;)

Great when you are traveling and tired.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review of your stay with. I appreciate the kind words so much. I post these reviews for all the employees to see as praise like yours makes the whole team feel good. We look forward to welcoming you back with us the next time you are in the area.
Salt Lake City, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This Radisson is very nice. Especially for an airport hotel. It is not only close to the airport, but there seems to be a light rail being build just next to it making the connection to the airport even better in the future (hopefully).

The hotel is pretty large. The decor is a little demure (dark wood, burgundy, beige etc) but the rooms are big and spacious. The rooms feature sleep number beds. I've never used one before and I didn't really care for it, but it's a nice touch to someone who likes them.

There is an underground parking and a swimming pool. The pool was a total disappointment - it was tiny and despite continuous 90+ degree weather, the water was freezing. Go figure. The towels available at the pool were the size of hand towels. Couldn't even cover us, so we were walking back to our rooms dripping water. The fitness center is a joke, don't really plan on it.

The worst thing were the slamming doors at night. The hotel seemed fairly busy and all night long I kept being woken up by locks that made a loud noise while the doors were being shut. The walls are also paper thin - we could hear people in the next room just having a regular conversation.

Other than that, the room was very clean and pleasant. The staff was very courteous.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a survey to let us know how we are doing. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the pool, towels, fitness center, and noise.

Just wanted to update you on a couple items you mentioned. Light rail is being built just to the south of us and there will be a stop in operation just to the east by April 2013. I am sorry for your disappointment in the fitness center. It will be remodeled shortly and I promise you it will change your opinion of it for the better.

I would love an opportunity to speak with you off line to discuss your challenges further and how I can make it right for you. Please contact me at david.lythgoe@radisson.com so we can discuss further. Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.
Macomb Twp., MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here because we needed a mid-point between Park City and Miller Sports Park so it was convenient for that (and it was close to the airport). We stayed 5 nights and 2 of the nights we were awoken out of a dead sleep to some alarm going off outside on the 2nd floor...no clue why. Not only that, the air conditioner in our room was noisy so I was awake every time it kicked off at night..
The hotel pictures online are much better than when you see it in person...and I would not recommend exploring the area around...it's not in the best part of town. In fact someone that we knew that was stayting there said they went to the 7-11 on North Temple and was approached by someone selling drugs. The only restaurants I would recommend in close proximity would be the hotel itself, which wasn't too bad and reasonably priced and the Red Iguana or Red Iguana-2 which were not too far away (however the Red Iguana 2 did have valet parking and it makes you wonder why in that section of town). Construction was an issue on North Temple also (down to 1-lane in both directions)...and in the evening some sections of the road were closed to through-traffic completely.
Also, I think the hotel was over-priced for the room we had, but then the Outdoor Retailers convention in SLC was that same week, so all the hotel prices were jacked up due to they can "do that".
Overall the hotel was clean inside and well-maintained outside. But, it's no resort. I'd recommend it for business travel only.

Room Tip: We had a view of the tiny pool. I would recommend the other side of the hotel, but then that woul...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
I am so sorry you left with an overall negative impression of our hotel caused by the rate or noise. Please contact me directly at david.lythgoe@radisson.com. I want to get some details from you and do my best to make it right with you.

Just to clarify a couple things...the construction you mentioned is for the new Light Rail line which will connect downtown with the airport and stop right by our hotel to provide very convenient access including numerous dining options--it has been a 3 year labor of love and is nearly complete. Trains are scheduled ot be running by April 2013. Also we do have two balcony units available. They are our most popular suites so they do go fast. Just let us know at the time you make your reservation.

I would love to speak with you about any other issues if you would plese call or email at your earliest convenience

Been to Radisson Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!