“Good location, not the cleanest room” 2 of 5 stars

Royal Garden Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   154 West 600 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101   |
Ranked #60 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City
“Good location, not the cleanest room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Bad:Indefinite stains of the carpet, toilet paper rolls had not been refilled. The room was hot, and the air did not seem to work.
Good: The beds were comfortable, plenty of hot water for shower, and my dogs were able to stay for an extra $20. Was conveniently located.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel was about 1 mile from downtown Salt Lake City and was reasonable enough. The staff were friendly and checkin was efficient, the rooms are spacious and were clean and tidy, a little tired and worn maybe, but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean, so no complaints from that perspective. The biggest complaint I have about this hotel is actually the other guests, some of whom bring their pets with them and allow them to bark at all hours of the night.

The walk to downtown was easy and flat, and on a nice day, a lovely walk. I didn't try the free breakfast, so I can't comment, however the free WiFi was much appreciated and very useful.

Room Tip: There are no lifts, so ask for a ground floor if the stairs will bother you or you have a lot of lug...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
casper, wy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 1/25/13 with my 60 year old in-laws, dogs, and baby. As my husband was climbing the very icy stairs the STAIR BROKE UNDERNEATH HIM and a concrete step came crashing down next to me as I carried our baby. Needless to say we were less than thrilled. My in laws room had hairs and other assorted grossness in the room- they did not think it had been cleaned beyond the sheets being changed (we hope). When my husband reported his accident the guy at the counter was not nice at all, and the next morning, although the ladies were nicer and comped our room, not once did anyone ask if we were ok. What if it had been my mother in law on that step? What if the STEP THAT FELL HAD HIT OUR BABY?? What if my husband hadn't caught himself and he became disabled? Although we filled out an incident report nobody has contacted us, (Hi! Managaer Mark Richmond! Awaiting your call!) still, to follow up or ask if we're ok. I couldn't be more disgusted, and I still shake to think of the harm that could have befallen our kid if I'd been any closer. Do not stay here. It is not worth your life. I know that sounds dramatic but other steps had already been replaced so it's obvious they know there are structural issues going on.

Room Tip: No fridge in rooms, noisy fan
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The room we had was a very nice size, had a separate sink outside of the bathroom/toilet (awesome!), comfortable bed, good heat, and good, free wifi. The only thing that could have made the room better would have been a mini fridge. There was a coffee maker though. Our price ($48) included a nice breakfast of juice, tea, coffee, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, biscuits and gravy, muffins and waffles (self-serve) which is served 6-9 every day. It is within walking distance of restaurants and shopping, and super close to Breweries (movie theater). We will definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I attempted to stay here 1/22/13 while the Sundance Film Festival, an outdoor expo and some other event were going on. I found it through another app on my phone. Anyway, this place was absolutely disgusting! To give you an idea, there were strands of hair and crumbs of some kind between the sheets and on the floors, dried soda on the walls, what looked like dried blood on the corner of the desk and a piece of a condom wrapper on the floor!!! I refused to even sit on the comforter while trying to find a room elsewhere.. Do yourself a solid and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Corona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The location was good, it was maybe 2 blocks away from the amtrack station that can take you directly to the downtown area. The hotel was not that expensive and clean but the staff was not really that helpful and she was very busy when I checked in and she did ask me to pay tax on water I got from vending machine (a first ever for me)

Room Tip: first floor rooms are very quite loud.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Royal Garden Inn? Share your experiences!