“Good for the Price.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Royal Garden Inn to your Saves list
Royal Garden Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   154 West 600 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101   |
Ranked #60 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
casper, wy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 1/25/13 with my 60 year old in-laws, dogs, and baby. As my husband was climbing the very icy stairs the STAIR BROKE UNDERNEATH HIM and a concrete step came crashing down next to me as I carried our baby. Needless to say we were less than thrilled. My in laws room had hairs and other assorted grossness in the room- they did not think it had been cleaned beyond the sheets being changed (we hope). When my husband reported his accident the guy at the counter was not nice at all, and the next morning, although the ladies were nicer and comped our room, not once did anyone ask if we were ok. What if it had been my mother in law on that step? What if the STEP THAT FELL HAD HIT OUR BABY?? What if my husband hadn't caught himself and he became disabled? Although we filled out an incident report nobody has contacted us, (Hi! Managaer Mark Richmond! Awaiting your call!) still, to follow up or ask if we're ok. I couldn't be more disgusted, and I still shake to think of the harm that could have befallen our kid if I'd been any closer. Do not stay here. It is not worth your life. I know that sounds dramatic but other steps had already been replaced so it's obvious they know there are structural issues going on.

Room Tip: No fridge in rooms, noisy fan
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The room we had was a very nice size, had a separate sink outside of the bathroom/toilet (awesome!), comfortable bed, good heat, and good, free wifi. The only thing that could have made the room better would have been a mini fridge. There was a coffee maker though. Our price ($48) included a nice breakfast of juice, tea, coffee, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, biscuits and gravy, muffins and waffles (self-serve) which is served 6-9 every day. It is within walking distance of restaurants and shopping, and super close to Breweries (movie theater). We will definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I attempted to stay here 1/22/13 while the Sundance Film Festival, an outdoor expo and some other event were going on. I found it through another app on my phone. Anyway, this place was absolutely disgusting! To give you an idea, there were strands of hair and crumbs of some kind between the sheets and on the floors, dried soda on the walls, what looked like dried blood on the corner of the desk and a piece of a condom wrapper on the floor!!! I refused to even sit on the comforter while trying to find a room elsewhere.. Do yourself a solid and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Corona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The location was good, it was maybe 2 blocks away from the amtrack station that can take you directly to the downtown area. The hotel was not that expensive and clean but the staff was not really that helpful and she was very busy when I checked in and she did ask me to pay tax on water I got from vending machine (a first ever for me)

Room Tip: first floor rooms are very quite loud.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
eagle co
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Came for a concert downtown, during the outdoor show. Jacked the rates out of site. Dirty and needs major work. Avoid unless its your last resort. Parking lot was not plowed, yellow construction tape on stairs.

Stayed January 2013
Okemos, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've stayed here twice and would return. Everything about this place is adequate for the traveler who is looking to save money. On my first visit, I found some of the desk staff to be helpful, one to be officious. On my second stay, all of the desk staff were extremely helpful and polite. Yes the property is old and in need of maintenance, and the cleaning is kind of spotty, some times fine, sometimes not. But I've spent a lot of time traveling for work and leisure and I have a realistic perspective. You wouldn't necessarily use this place for business travel, but it's pretty much what you would expect for low cost leisure travel. I have paid much more for places where the other customers frightened me, or the noise was horrible from other rooms.

Room Tip: Plenty of space in the room with one king vs 2 double beds.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Royal Garden Inn? Share your experiences!