“very accommodating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 North Tommy Tompson Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wilmington, N.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Spent two nights here ~ a week ago. Was on my way back home & needed a place to stay f/two nights. I wanted to have a day to explore Salt Lake City & then, the next day, I had an early flight out.

This motel was nice, clean & very comfortable. Price was reasonable too. Staff was nice.
Room was clean & well maintained. Breakfast was a part of the deal. The breakfast was not fancy but found enough to satisfy me (juice, coffee, cereal, bagels, etc.)

Bottom line: I'd gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Elevator & luggage carts -- any room works. No noise f/the nearby freeway -or- the nearby airpo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Matthew, Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments. I am very pleased that you had such a great stay with us and enjoyed your two nights with us. We welcome all feedback and use them to pinpoint the areas we need to further improve upon. I will be sharing your feedback with my staff and congratulating them on a great job they have done! Please do come see us again soon. We will be going through some minor renovations at the end of the year and would like you to come see our new updated look. Thank you so much for staying with us.
Saint Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great location near the airport for a friendly, comfortable, reasonable rate for overnight travelers. The rooms are small but very clean. The bed and pillows are are very comfortable! Great for a good nights rest!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Kathryn, Thank you so much for your stay with us and giving us your valuable feedback. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel up-to your high expectations and had a great night's rest on our new mattresses. We pride ourselves on cleanliness of our hotel- our housekeepers work hard each day to provide clean, welcoming room to all our guests. Please do come see us again soon. We would love to have you as our guest. Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We are frequent visitors to salt lake city and often stay downtown. We tried our luck both at higher end and budget hotels and havent been lucky with either service, value or atmosphere. Everything downtown was sold out and we were iffy staying away from town but decided to head to airport hotels. Checked couple of hotels by airport and most seemed dingy, old and we walked right out. We finally saw microtel off the freeway and decided to give it a shot. We went in and they had few availability! Lobby seemed clean and well decorated, exterior clean and well kept... had a good feeling so we went ahead to book the room.

Enter the room and I am notorious about clean room and bathroom. I do all my checks while my hubby watches me go through the motions. I was very highly impressed. The room had to be one of the cleanest I had encountered in near a dozen trip to salt lake. There was a nice complimentary snack in the
room (even higher end hotels dont do this anymore), nice touch and made me feel welcomed and that they care about little comforts of guests. Room was modern looking and SPOTLESS! Beds were comfortable and we slept like we were at home.

Breakfast in morning was also nice... stocked well- attendent on duty to help with anything needed. Front desk very nice and friendly everytime I went past lobby. It was a blessing in disguise that we found this hotel and this will now be our primary hotel. It is only 15 minutes from downtown but worth the drive with a quality it provides.

The problem I mostly see with economy hotel like these is most people expect a 4 or 5 star luxuries from these 2 star hotels. If your looking for that 4-5 star hotel experience then pay the high price for one. Dont bash little guys for services they cant afford to provide to their guests.

I found everything I needed from this hotel- over our 4 night stay, room was clean thoroughly everyday, breakfast always clean and stocked. Staff friendly and sincere! Overall hotel is in good shape. Well done! Definitely recommend this to anyone looking by airport or even downtown. Great value and amazing experience. We will be back soon microtel.

• Stayed September 2013
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear guest, what a great compliment and wonderful feedback on your long stays with us. I am very pleased to hear tht you loved our hotel so much and found everything up to your high expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with all my hard working staff members. Please do come see us next time you are in town- we would love to have you as our guest again. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and giving us a shot. I am proud we did well to provide with a PERFECT HOTEL EXPERIENCE!
North Logan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Everything was great. Everyone was very helpful. Would tell others to stay here. Thanks for all you do

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Hello Blaine, wow! What a great compliment. We love hearing nothing more than a guest vowing to return to our property again. I am very pleased to hear that you loved our hotel and the cleanliness of our rooms. Please do come see us again. We would love to have you as our guest.
Cora, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I really like the Microtels because they are clean, modern, and all the rooms are the same wherever you go. The suites are worth the upgrades. Will stay at another Microtel but not this one.
We arrived on a late Sunday evening, hungry. The front desk reception was solo maned and we experienced a delayed and cumbersome check in as she was constantly interrupted by room calls and by another staff milling around her with questions. We were NOT impressed nor were we again later when we saw staff smoking outside the front door in the parking area.

There are no restaurants in the area, at least open ones that we knew of, without getting back into the car. For some reason, we did not think to order in food and were advised to try the hotel next door. Wish the front desk reminded us of this option, as our experience there was equally poor.

We choose not to eat breakfast as our initial glance saw people pawing through the bread/ bagel bin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Pauline, thank you for giving us a feedback on your stay. I am sorry to hear that you caught us on a day we were short staffed and training a new front desk agent. You are right, Microtel's are known for clean, modern and family friendly hotels and we are no different. Apart from your experience at front desk, I am pleased that you found out hotel to be clean with a comfortable beds and linens. Our suites get a lot of compliments as it provides best comfort at the most reasonable value.

Unfortunately being close to the airport the restaurant options can be limited at late hours of night but we do have a few restuarants within walking distance along with room service and snack bar in our lobby. We are also only 10 minutes from downtown which offers variety of restuarants and other entertainment activities. I hope you will come back to see us again next time you visit Salt Lake City. We would love to be your guest.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport? Share your experiences!