“Good value, nice facilities, parking could get crowded at peak times” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West 600 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101 (Formerly Embassy Suites Hotel Salt Lake City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Kids Eat Free Offer
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Raleigh, NC
“Good value, nice facilities, parking could get crowded at peak times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

Typical Embassy Suites hotel - Large, spacious suite, made to order breakfast, manager's reception (free beer!), nice exercise facility and hot tub. Excellent value for the money ($109/night) and centrally located. Stayed here to go skiing with a friend and was very convenient to Solitude Ski Resort (35 minute drive) and also to Snowbasin (~50 minutes). We rented skis and the hotel is located right next to the Utah Ski and Golf store, which made things VERY convenient. Got our skis and discount lift tickets ($52 for each resort) all in one place. Only complaint was that the parking garage was full when I arrive (after midnight on a Saturday night) and I had to park across the street at the Red Lion Hotel. Otherwise, this is a great hotel to stay to check out the area ski resorts.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Seal Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2008

Very nice downtown area. can take the UTA TRAX for free downtown to Gateway mall, Temple Square etc just about wherever you want to go. If you like tea be sure to visit the Bee Hive Tea Room. Just adorable and quaint. Staff at hotel very friendly and helpful. Rooms are fine nice and big. Ceiling could be scraped to update from the cottage cheese look however bed ws very comfy and had closet with fridge, coffee maker and micro in it. Breakfast cooked to serve was very very good! And the Managers happy hour for guest ws a very nice touch with mixed drinks and beer etc free! A nice bar open to hotel guests was great to have. Pool was fine used it and the jacuzzi. Would definately stay again.

A tip for anyone traveling alone, avoid the 2nd floor get a higher floor since the top parking lot is right outside the window on the back rooms and can see in or room can be entered into through the window. We were in room 219 will request a higher floor if we return again.

• Liked — location to the TRAX 1 block walk away
  • Disliked — bathroom could use just a little updating
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Palm Desert, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

We used a Hilton Honors Reward Certificate for this one night stay. We have stayed here previously and have found it to be a typical Embassy Suites providing an attractive and comfortable stay with good value.

We attended the Manager's Reception and AM breakfast. We arrived at breakfast right at opening and did not experience any problems with the food or service. The atrium was dark until the sun came up and there were not many bright lights, which made it difficult to read the USA Today with breakfast. Staff appeared to be just arriving to work and table clearing was a bit slow but not a problem with the sparse crowd. We used the Guest Laundry and it had one of the best dryers we have ever found in a hotel.

We would recommed this hotel.

• Liked — Complimentary breakfast and Manager's Reception
  • Disliked — Dark atrium in the morning
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New England, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

Very nice, attractive hotel, with very generous amenities (manager's reception with free snacks and drinks, made-to-order complimentary breakfasts). Comfortable, well-equipped rooms. Wireless internet spotty. Decent location if you don't mind walking a bit to get to downtown. Wished the windows would open for fresh air. Excellent value for the price.

• Liked — The food-related amenities and the comfortable rooms.
  • Disliked — Check-in staff seemed to lack experience; lack of fresh air in rooms.
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

I used my hilton Honors to pay for 2 nights and 2 rooms. They took out of my bank account with out authorization $167.88 for a 3rd room. When I called to confront them they told me at first it was for my deposit for just in case there was any damages. Then when I asked to speak with a manager I told him that I was never told about and deposit for damage fees. they manager said there is no such thing and that it looks like I had 3 rooms and they charged me for that extra room. I told the manager I only used 2 rooms and there is proof because I signed a paper just for 2 rooms, and he needs to go look up who used that room number , so there for I want my money back. He told me ok look I will do it this time but you need to make sure you do your reservations right next time. I was so upset I told him NO next time I will not stay at the Embassy suites and you need to make sure your employees know what they are doing. I never even got an apology! The night when I arrived there they guy at the front desk was so rude. He did not believe me that I owned a time share for the Hilton and asked for proof and even when I gave him proof he said he called to confirm that it was the real thing and then came back and said well I need to charge you $25.00. I said for what? My rooms are already paid for I just gave you proof. Then the guy said well then I am not going to give you a phone I said thats fine I have my own cell phone, then he said and I am not going to give you the movie channel. Oh my gosh I said thats fine Look is there a problem because I just need somewhere to sleep? They guy replied no no problem but are you sure you will not use the phone and the movie? I told him just give me my keys so I can go to sleep it was 1:30 am. I am so disgusted with this place my poor family was so tired and my 2 young kids had to wait out side in the car it took us 30 min just to check just because the guy did not believe me.

• Disliked — Staff & management
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maple Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

My husband and I and our 14 year old daughter stayed at the Embassy Suites in SLC on Friday, August 15th. We needed to be checked out of our condo in Park City by 10:00 a.m. that morning and check-in wasn't until 3:00 p.m. so I called on 8/14 to check on a chance of getting an earlier check-in. The woman I spoke to said she could not "guarantee" an early check-in but said I should call the next day prior to our 10:00 departure in Park City and see what they could do. When I called the next morning our room was already ready for our arrival so we went straight to SLC and checked in. I was more than thrilled and thanked the desk staff for their ability to accommodate our request.

We only stayed one night in a king suite but the room was quite large for our needs (and our big suitcases). We were within walking distance to many of the things we planned to see but drove out to dinner that evening.

We enjoyed the evening cocktail reception and really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning....sorry if we ate more than our share of the strawberries! LIke the previous poster, I did find it strange that we had to stand in line to get food that typically is serve yourself (except for the omlets). However I saw no behavior by the buffet staff that was anything but courteous. Why though, could you not just walk up and toast your own bagel or bread instead of waiting in line?

Only downside to our stay....the printer in the business center was not working and when we went to the front desk (as the sign in the business center requested) their internet was down so we were not able to print our boarding passes. No biggie as we were able to have them assist later in the evening.....however we had planned to print a certificate off of Restaurant.com to use in the hotel's restaurant, Plum, and we were unable to do this so we did not dine at the hotel. It would have been very convenient as we were pretty tired from the days activities.

Overall, if I was in SLC again I would whole heartedly recommend the Embassy Suites.

• Liked — Ability to secure a very early checkin
  • Disliked — Printer in Business Center was not working
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Danville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

The front desk staff upon check-in were wonderful - even at midnight!

Our room was clean and large. Typical Embassy.

Here were some strange and not-so-strange Embassy encounters at this hotel:

NON-TYPICAL EMBASSY: The food here was kept under guard. You had to stand in line to get a scoop of hash browns, toast, bacon or sausage. Portions were strictly controlled (I had the two tiniest pancakes I've ever seen).

NON-TYPICAL EMBASSY: a woman orders an omlette; the cook places two strips of bacon along side the omlette and places the plate on the counter. The woman says "Oh, I didn't want bacon". The cook THROWS the bacon onto the floor in the kitchen and shoves the plate back toward the counter. A bit of a shock.

Then they ran out of bacon.

TYPICAL EMBASSY: At EXACTLY 10am the buffet area shut down in it's entirety. The food is gone! They'd prefer to toss the coffee than let it sit there a few more moments so the patrons can have a refill after 10am. Okay, fine.

NON-TYPICAL EMBASSY: At exactly 10am buffet area floors are cleaned and salt and pepper is removed from tables as people are eating. Our tables were pulled apart (we put two together) as we sat at the table. Our plates were being pulled out from under us while we were eating.

I understand the buffet closes at 10am, but apparently you cannot eat peacefully after 10am either.

I'm not sure the food-guarding issue will resolve, but I hope the hotel will find a way to manage it's buffet staff so that it treats the hotel customers respectfully. Or maybe they just need new buffet staff.

• Liked — The room and check-in staff.
  • Disliked — Buffet staff and hot food being held hostage at the buffet.
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City? Share your experiences!