Great place to stay if you're in this city. Parking is free, even for this downtown hotel. Plenty of parking, though there are no elevators in the parking structure if you end up parking in the higher floors.
The hotel seems to have been recently renovated. Everything is very modern looking and does not look worn out. The only comment I can make regarding the update to the hotel is that they did not remove the popcorn ceiling texture. Other than that, the renovations look great.
Loved the warm cookie upon checking in. Very friendly check-in and check-out staff. Housekeeping does a great job as well keeping the room tidy and clean.
Breakfast was good. Just wished they changed the food you can choose from daily or every other day, so that we can have variety. It gets tiring after staying a few days and eating the same things every day.
My only complaint is the crappy WiFi. The signal was weak and of poor quality. The speed was very slow. It took forever to load on the browser. I also lost connection a few times because of the weak signal. I hope they add more WiFi spots/antennas soon and increase the bandwidth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Begin your stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City with a warm welcome, at this inviting hotel. We will even greet you with our delicious chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. Ideally located in Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, our full-service hotel is only seven miles from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) and nearby many Salt Lake City attractions. Visit the Historic Temple Square or wander around the fascinating Family History Library. We are also situated nearby a Salt Lake City TRAX Station, providing easy transportation to many attractions.Choose from a delightful range of suites within this Salt Lake City hotel. Each of our stylish suites feature modern décor and are rich in comforts. Enjoy modern amenities such as LCD TVs and wireless internet access. Stay active and work out in the fitness center or swim laps in the heated indoor swimming pool.Choose from tempting menu creations in the hotels inviting on-site dining venue, The Plum Restaurant. Enjoy freshly prepared favorites ranging from colorful salads to tasty steak and chips. The hotel bar also offers a relaxing spot to unwind at the end of a busy day.Host an important meeting or special event at this downtown Salt Lake City hotel with a range of flexible meeting rooms. With 6,000sq.ft of flexible meeting and banquet space, including the latest AV equipment, our professional staff can organize any event. Corporate guests will also appreciate our 24-hour business center with wireless internet, printing and photocopying services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hilton Hotels, Venere and Priceline so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Embassy Suites
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Utah