“Almost Perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 West 600 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101 (Formerly Embassy Suites Hotel Salt Lake City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Kids Eat Free Offer
Ranked #7 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
seattle
“Almost Perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Newly remodeled with well appointed furnishings, large suites, and most important, quiet rooms! I also appreciated the dining room table and decent size mini frig. Doubletree is right around the corner from the 5 star Grand America Hotel so the location is great. It's perfect for walking to everything there is to see and do. Mass transit is also easily accessible and free in the downtown area so you don't need a car. I have two con's. One was dealing with the wifi. I had trouble a few times staying connected. However, when connected, the service was great. The other was the breakfast. While they had a large selection of hot and cold items, and it was nicely presented, there wasn't one thing offered that was organic. They could add an organic yogurt and cereal and that would be enough to make this rated perfect!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here when we did a family ski trip with my kids, my parents and my brother. They gave us connecting rooms, the suites were big enough for me and my kids and my brother and parents. Overall, the experience was great we were able to park, store our skis and find nice places for dinner. The hotel is well maintained, the staff was great, and the cookies are out of this world!!!

It is also very close to the major highways and near at least two ski rental places that we saw.

The two areas I would point out is:

1.that the breakfast is limited to fatty foods (sugar cereals and waffles, eggs etc), it would have been nice to have some healthier options, more fruit, whole wheat options etc

2. The dinner place was really salty! We had two entrees that were almost inedible, it was so salty

Overall though, high recommendations for this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Blackfoot, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I took our twin seven year-old granddaughters for an overnight stay in Salt Lake City to see Disney on Ice. We could not have been more pleased with our stay at the Double Tree Suites. The huge open courtyard/atrium to which all rooms face, and a ride to the top in the glass elevator made an instant impression on the twins. Our room was a one bedroom suite which was huge. The girls loved the fact that they had the living room sleeper sofa to themselves with their own flat screen TV while my wife and I had a huge separate bedroom with a King bed and flat screen TV. The pool area was fairly large with a jacuzzi and pleasantly warm water in the pool itself. Breakfast selection was good with the usual fare of cereals, breads, fruit, and juices, with cooked to order eggs and sausage, bacon, pancakes, and french toast. The entire staff was very pleasant and welcoming and went out of the way to give my granddaughters more warm chocolate chip cookies as we were leaving. If you are looking for a good downtown location and a pleasant and relaxing stay, I highly recommend the Double Tree Suites.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

A great hotel. Clean, well appointed room, polite and helpful staff, and a pretty good breakfast. The rooms are suites and seemed HUGE and where well appointed. Coming back to such a room, perfectly serviced and with the radio playing made me feel as home as you can while on the road.

However, one HUGE problem as well. The wireless network was absolutely unusable. For business travel this is fairly important for me to keep up with the going ons. I mentioned it and they said they are working on it, but without a fix in 3 days, I would say that need to up the efforts more than a little.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Southern Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The layout is interesting in that when you walk out of your room, you are overlooking the courtyard. It is a very neat concept and really gives you a homely feeling. The room I stayed in was a two room suite, with a comfortable couch in the entry room, dining table and kitchenette. The bed and bedding was amazing! The large windows did provide a view of the mountains, but also of some decrepit buildings adjacent to the property. There was not a lot of nearby walking destinations but with a car is close and easy to access several nearby retail, historical, and unique destinations. I did not eat lunch or dinner at the restaurant, but the breakfast was delicious, made to order. Free parking and a delicious chocolate chip cookie were nice perks too.

Room Tip: The second floor has direct access to the parking garage.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Good location, easy access in and out. As always, service and support is very good. I always try to stay at Hilton Brands, so I am bias, as I find them a little better up to very much better than Marriott.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I really wasn't expecting much when I checked in, but boy was I surprised! When I arrived, I received a warm and delicious chocolate chip cookie - it just made me feel at home! My room was spacious, very comfortable, and quiet. When I realized that I forgot my toothbrush, I called Guest Services and they brought one up to me in mere minutes. When I asked about the cost of breakfast the next morning, I was shocked to hear it was free! And I'm not just talking about a bagel - this was a full cooked made to order breakfast. I had delicious pancakes and bacon. What a great way to start my day. Great job, guys!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City? Share your experiences!