Every year for 10 years we do a guys ski trip for 4 days. Group size varies from 8-16 guys depending on who can make it. This year we were 14. Embassy Suites SLC is an ideal home base. We fly from NYC to SLC direct.
Hotel is in the heart of Salt Lake 10 mins from airport, 25-30 min drive from major ski areas, and wlking or shuttle distance from great restaurants so no drinking and driving concerns.
Hotel is next door to one of the best ski shops in the Salt Lake area, Utah Ski & Golf. Many of the guys rent discounted demo skis instead of bringing their own skies. Even if you bring your own, it's a great option on powder days to rent top of the line powder skies.
Even morning we go into the ski shop where they have the ski reports from all the major areas posted and the inside scoop on the best conditions and importantly any road closures. since hotel is centrally located it is convinient to ski any of them. We pick the best conditions that day and usually can buy discounted lift tickets right there too.
Back to the hotel. The rooms are all suites with a pullout couch and 2 queen beds. The rooms have just been updated with new carpets, furniture and bathrooms. Looks really good.
A hot breakfast is included with the room...prepared by a cook is served each morning. Any kind of eggs, omlette, french toast, oatmeal, hash browns, sausage, bacon, toast, cut up fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, milk, cold cereal...... Something for everyone.
every evening the hotel serves complimentary beer, wine, cocktails, and soft drinks for 2 hours with popcorn and pretzels in the atrium. Great apri ski.
There is a pool, hot tub and exercises room. On-site restaurant and bar has decent food if anyone in the group doesn't feel like going out for dinner or is a great option on night of arrival.
All in all a great home base for a Utah Ski trip.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Embassy Suites
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Begin your stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City with a warm welcome, at this inviting hotel. We will even greet you with our delicious chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. Ideally located in Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, our full-service hotel is only seven miles from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) and nearby many Salt Lake City attractions. Visit the Historic Temple Square or wander around the fascinating Family History Library. We are also situated nearby a Salt Lake City TRAX Station, providing easy transportation to many attractions.Choose from a delightful range of suites within this Salt Lake City hotel. Each of our stylish suites feature modern décor and are rich in comforts. Enjoy modern amenities such as LCD TVs and wireless internet access. Stay active and work out in the fitness center or swim laps in the heated indoor swimming pool.Choose from tempting menu creations in the hotels inviting on-site dining venue, The Plum Restaurant. Enjoy freshly prepared favorites ranging from colorful salads to tasty steak and chips. The hotel bar also offers a relaxing spot to unwind at the end of a busy day.Host an important meeting or special event at this downtown Salt Lake City hotel with a range of flexible meeting rooms. With 6,000sq.ft of flexible meeting and banquet space, including the latest AV equipment, our professional staff can organize any event. Corporate guests will also appreciate our 24-hour business center with wireless internet, printing and photocopying services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.