“Do not stay here.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Incline Village, Nevada
“Do not stay here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Picked this hotel as it was not far from the airport. The pool was freezing cold even with it being 88 degrees outside. The hotel is located right under the interstate. Very loud. Rooms very out dated. The door lock screws were stripped. I put my suitcase up against the door when we went to bed. Washed my hands and the towel holder fell off the wall. The free Wifi did not work very well. The breakfast room had only 6 chairs. Had the a/c set at 60 all night. The room was still very warm. Should have paid more to stay somewhere nicer. Was on a two week trip and by far this was the worst hotel we stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sedgefield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed there for one night. The room was clean and functional and served its purpose. No fridge, but ice was available. Coffee machine in the room. Bed was not all that comfortable. Steps to first floor did not give a good impression as it looked worn out. Staff was friendly but I had to leave a breakage deposit of $50 as I was paying cash. First time this happened to me. The hotel is close to downtown city center.

Room Tip: Any room is fine.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Friends and I stopped in SLC before heading to Mt. Rushmore, Econo lodge was great for staying the night. We checked in at around 9 p.m and checked out at 5.am. We only stayed a meager 8 hours in the area but this hotel served its purpose.
This hotel did come with Wifi which was really convenient and was around many places to eat. Our room was clean and we didn't have any problems with anything. The AC worked great and in all the room was what we expected.Things do close really early from what we saw in SLC so we didn't get to experience much in the area.
Just a word of advice, the area isn't the best but it isn't the worse either. A few times there were a few people riding their bikes in the parking lot scoping out the cars. It was very obvious they weren't guests at the hotel and would just be hanging out on the pathway in from of the cars. If you have a lot of gear in your car that's exposed, take it inside to be safe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Roma, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed in SLC for less than 24 hours and needed a bed to sleep in. Arrived early in the morning (6am) and rooms were not available at that time. Bit of a shame due to a lengthy night of travelling on the road. Got into the room at about 11:30am and pretty much slept until early the following morning. Beds were fairly comfortable. However, the location is a bit misleading. Although it is close to the main attractions downtown, I would try to stay over on the other side of the bridge. The area around the hotel seemed a bit dodgy. The staff were very friendly towards us; they all seemed to love Australians! I wouldn't book this place again if I stayed in SLC. The hotel served its purpose of a bed to sleep in. That's about it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Pocatello, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

All of the poor ratings below me are spot on! This is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at, and I travel a lot. When we first checked in, the girl at the front desk obviously hated her job and was rude and spoke very short. A half hour before checkout, housekeeping came, pounded on the door, and walked right in. My husband was in his underwear!! The worst thing that happened during our stay was MY WEDDING RING WAS STOLEN OUT OF OUR ROOM. Obviously they were eager to get in so we were in a hurry to leave (makes me wonder if this is a tactic to make guests forget belongings so they can steal them). Not even 10 minutes after we had left (not checked out...left) I called the hotel to tell them that my wedding ring was in the bathroom and that I would be returning shortly to get it. We were literally just a few blocks down the road. Upon returning, of course the ring was missing. Suspiciously the room had already been cleaned and everything gone. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR BELONGINGS. Management is a nightmare to deal with. They will not give you contact information for a corporate office or owner. When I requested the number for a franchise owner, the general manager said that he would leave him a message but he can guarantee he wont call me back. Nice customer service!! Very unprofessional all the way around. Don't let managements "kind" responses to these reviews fool you! They have no intention to fix any problems that arise. Don't risk it, stay somewhere else. Seriously!! STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Mrs. Good

Thank you for taking the time to express your views about the recent stay at the Econolodge. It's tragic that your wedding ring was lost during your stay. I assure you that we made every effort to search and question all party's involved. I understand how important my wedding ring is and it breaks my heart that it was lost while in SLC. We do appreciate the feedback concerning the customer service that was provided to you. We are working hard at eliminating poor service for all customers. We thank you for your feedback and wish you and your husband best of luck.
Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed for one night at this Salt Lake City Econo Lodge motel while driving through Utah on I-15 in August 2013. The internet wifi mostly didn't work the whole time we were there. The staff were nice and friendly though.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The neighbourhood is shady. There were a lot of strung out people. Scary location. The service was alright. Went 2 my room that was between people that I think lived there. Which is fine, but they looked hard. Went 2 check the room and the light wouldn't turn on. I walked in 2 turn the bed side lamp 2 c 2 bugs on the night stand. I left. I went down the road 2 find a nicer hotel 4 cheaper. 2 minutes away from the airport. Definitely no bugs or strung out people. Bad impression of salt lake city.

• Stayed July 2013