“Great price, location, and breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown

You added Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown to your Saves list
Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   230 West 500 South, I-15 Exit 310, Salt Lake City, UT 84103   |
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta
“Great price, location, and breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Stayed for three nights. Was extremely convienent to airport (free shuttle if you need it), parking is free, breakfast was hot and had a great selection (fresh fruit, pancakes or french toast, eggs, hash browns, sausages, breads, juices and coffee, cereal), the rooms were large. Arrived early (11am) and was allowed to check in early. Free internet but didn't use it. You're only two blocks away from the main brewpubs in town and a 30-45 minute drive to all of the ski resorts. There is a liquor store nearby but not in the same parking lot as some people indicated, and I never saw homeless people walking around either as some people indicated. The parking lot has a fence around much of it so I felt OK leaving my skis in the car. My only complaint was the room had kind of a B.O. smell when first entering, I think the hotel allows pets so it could be a cleaner that was used. However the floors were clean, sheets and towels were clean and changed daily. Really no complaints. Will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

We stayed one night on our way to Yellowstone. The accommodation was spacious and comfortable, ensuring a good nights' sleep. Dennys next door was handy and the breakfast in the hotel in the morning was ample and tasty.

We had no hassles checking-in (prepaid) and even less checking-out. The hotel staff were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Call me crazy but i loved Salt lake city. As far as the hotel it was fine just a plain average hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We have stayed at many five-star hotels that do not have the amenities that we found at the Crystal Inn. We were there on vacation for 2 nights. The room (king bed) was very large with a sitting area and a desk and even a recliner! Our room had a microwave, coffee pot, refrigerator and even a telephone in the bathroom! The room was very clean and we especially liked the blanket protector and the removable liner on the shower curtain--little extra touches that make the room feel germ free. The bed was also very comfortable. In the mornings we enjoyed a delicious complete hot breakfast buffet, and there was always a refreshing fruit/water drink and coffee available free for guests. There is a computer station for guests to check email and the staff printed our boarding passes for our flight. There is a store in the lobby which is open 24/7 offering snacks and necessities, and there is even a laundry room for the use of guests. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, The location of the Inn is perfect for getting downtown. The free public transportaiton is a block away and easily accessible. The Inn also offered a free airport shuttle so we did not even have to rent a car. All in all, staying at the Crystal Inn was a great experience and we highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
North Platte, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Not too bad of a hotel. I would say it is a clean motel, fairly good location. Near some close walking resturants. The staff seamed too busy at times to assist you when called for assistance. We were missing a remote to our room and when called they said to walk down and get one, otherwise it would be 45 mins for them to bring us one. The room was clean, but a little noisy when people were checking out or checking in. I would suggest that if your reserve a room to see if the top floor is available. Less noise. The breakfast was good... they kept it full.. and HOT. Full buffet.. A couple of other thing. When I called to see if I could switch my room from a queen bed to 2 doubles. I was told by a male represenative that they were all booked. When I got there for check in, I was told by a female rep that I had my choice on either first, second, third, or fourth floor. Hmmmmmm... interesting. When I called for verify my room reservation. the represenative said he would check it once I got there. I said it would be nice to make sure it was still on hold as we were running late. He then said. I will check for you and put me on hold. I am still on hold. He never came back to the line. I would say on a scale of 1-10 I would rate this hotel a 7, I would have ranked it higher if the represenative had more training on dealaing with custemers. Or just general courtesy would be nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Post Falls, Idaho, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

We expected so much more of this hotel based on the reviews. After nearly 13 hrs on the road we were exhausted and really looking forward to our stay. The hotel staff were very friendly, but that didn't make up for the location (sandwiched between a McDonald's & Denny's). We didn't feel as safe as we would have liked. There were 'questionable' individuals loitering at the entrance of the hotel that made us uncomfortable. The room was run down and didn't smell or feel as clean as it could have been. We stayed at the Hampton Inn near the airport on our return trip for the same price, and it was incredible! Do yourself a favor and stay at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
crystalstar9, Director of Sales at Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you for giving us a try. We do have a wonderfully friendly staff so I appreciate you letting us know of your experience. I apologize for your feelings of not feeling safe at our hotel. At night, all of our exterior doors lock including the door to the front desk. In fact to enter the building late at night you must ring the buzzer if you don't have a key. We also have security patrol our parking lots at night, just for added security.

We are continually working to improve our hotel to make it more inviting for all our guests. Our guests' comfort is very important to us, Most recent improvements to our rooms include new light fixtures and new decorative pictures.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time and allowing me to address your concerns with our hotel.
Provo UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

The hotel was clean, but generally average. You would definitely not come here for a holiday, it is strictly a budget/mid-level option... but for that it serves its purpose pretty well.

As mentioned previously, the walls/ceilings are paper-thin, if you get someone above you who wakes at 5am, there goes your sleep. Also the hallways really smell of too much fragrance, and the bathroom was very small. The pool and fitness center are very ordinary. The location is OK, close to stuff by car, but you wouldn't be walking back here late at night.

On the positive side, internet was fast, parking easy, no extra costs added on, the laundry is good etc.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City - Downtown? Share your experiences!