“Clean and comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 76 hotels in Salt Lake City
Colby, Ks, USA
“Clean and comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

It's been almost 5 months since our stay last April. So I forgot a lot of the minor things I was going to mention. Our 3 rooms were on the north side of the complex with outside entrances. There was snow on the ground, but the sidewalks and stairs were clear. I did caution my 81 year old parent to be carefull of the loose sand on the stairs. Our stay was for 2 days and the stairs were never swept clear of the sand. The breakfast area did look really nice with plenty of room and several items on the hot buffet. One of our rooms did not have coffee packages with the coffee maker. The 2 or 3 times we had questions at the front desk were treated professionally. I can't remember for sure what we paid for each room but I think it was $60 before taxes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Always a pleasure to stay at this Comfort Inn Salt Lake City. Front desk people always very pleasant and helpful, breakfast is the best with a variety of eggs, sausage or bacon or ham, homefries, pastries, yogurt and the list goes on. Nice pool area and the rooms are always clean and very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

My family was returning from a trip to Yellowstone NP and stayed at this comfort inn for one night.
This was easily the worst stay in my whole life. The place was overcrowded, dirty.
We were shocked to find out we had been given a smoking room. The odor was unbearable and the kids were outright angry . The front desk guy was utterly useless.
I decided to stay as it was already late.
Next day morning, the toilet got blocked and overflowed!
When we returned home, all our clothes were reeking of tobacco smoke smell.
The worst hotel ever!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has done a great job in working to ensure our satisfaction as a client. This is our #1 Choice for hotels in the SLC area. Alex( daytime front desk manager), Rick (Night/evening front desk manager), and Robert (maintenace) have done a fantastic job! Your Breakfast here is the best we've had anywhere in the Choice Hotels chain! It is superb! Thank you to you and your staff for you outstanding customer service!

• Stayed August 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is a little in the industrial side of townbut a tidy hotel. Its nice and close to the airport which is great after flying from Australia and you just want to put your bags down. Too bad the laundry doesnt work though. Theres a good bar next door at the Ramada Inn.

Room Tip: There are still smoking rooms here - but I would not advise you take one - even if you're a smok...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Pacifica, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The wait staff helped us out with our dog as we were stranded due to a desert car breakdown.
Thanks to Renata and Elizabeth we had a great stay. We moved over from the hotel next door as the happy hour was good and the restaurant was very good. The Breakfast was excellent. The pool and rooms were clean and the staff was very dog friendly. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at this property several weeks ago for a business trip/visit with family and friends. Nice location that provides easy accessibility to the freeway, which is always a plus. The lobby is warm and inviting and appears to have been recently updated, and the staff that checked me in, as well as those that I asked questions of were very friendly and helpful - the general manager even made a point of introducing herself and invited me to contact her personally if I had any issues or concerns during my stay. The rooms are not as nice as the lobby may lead you to believe (true they smaller and outdated and the hotel could use new linens), but my room was clean and comfortable and just fine for the time I was spending there. I took advantage of the breakfast twice while there and there was a nice assortment of things to choose from - but yes make sure you arrive at a decent time to get the best selection. I also took advantage of the airport shuttle service on the last night of my stay (returned my rental car the evening before and booked the shuttle to the airport for the next morning). This worked out great, as I eliminated one day on my rental car costs, and the shuttle dropped me off right at the Delta door. This hotel is not 5-star, but given the price paid and the time I was there, it was clean and comfortable and a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Airport/International Center? Share your experiences!