“NIGHTMARE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“NIGHTMARE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

My family was returning from a trip to Yellowstone NP and stayed at this comfort inn for one night.
This was easily the worst stay in my whole life. The place was overcrowded, dirty.
We were shocked to find out we had been given a smoking room. The odor was unbearable and the kids were outright angry . The front desk guy was utterly useless.
I decided to stay as it was already late.
Next day morning, the toilet got blocked and overflowed!
When we returned home, all our clothes were reeking of tobacco smoke smell.
The worst hotel ever!!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has done a great job in working to ensure our satisfaction as a client. This is our #1 Choice for hotels in the SLC area. Alex( daytime front desk manager), Rick (Night/evening front desk manager), and Robert (maintenace) have done a fantastic job! Your Breakfast here is the best we've had anywhere in the Choice Hotels chain! It is superb! Thank you to you and your staff for you outstanding customer service!

• Stayed August 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is a little in the industrial side of townbut a tidy hotel. Its nice and close to the airport which is great after flying from Australia and you just want to put your bags down. Too bad the laundry doesnt work though. Theres a good bar next door at the Ramada Inn.

Room Tip: There are still smoking rooms here - but I would not advise you take one - even if you're a smok...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Pacifica, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The wait staff helped us out with our dog as we were stranded due to a desert car breakdown.
Thanks to Renata and Elizabeth we had a great stay. We moved over from the hotel next door as the happy hour was good and the restaurant was very good. The Breakfast was excellent. The pool and rooms were clean and the staff was very dog friendly. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at this property several weeks ago for a business trip/visit with family and friends. Nice location that provides easy accessibility to the freeway, which is always a plus. The lobby is warm and inviting and appears to have been recently updated, and the staff that checked me in, as well as those that I asked questions of were very friendly and helpful - the general manager even made a point of introducing herself and invited me to contact her personally if I had any issues or concerns during my stay. The rooms are not as nice as the lobby may lead you to believe (true they smaller and outdated and the hotel could use new linens), but my room was clean and comfortable and just fine for the time I was spending there. I took advantage of the breakfast twice while there and there was a nice assortment of things to choose from - but yes make sure you arrive at a decent time to get the best selection. I also took advantage of the airport shuttle service on the last night of my stay (returned my rental car the evening before and booked the shuttle to the airport for the next morning). This worked out great, as I eliminated one day on my rental car costs, and the shuttle dropped me off right at the Delta door. This hotel is not 5-star, but given the price paid and the time I was there, it was clean and comfortable and a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The hotel met all of our needs during our family vacation to Salt Lake City. The pool and hot tub was very enjoyable after an 8 hour drive. The family loved the hot breakfast. It was more than we expected for the price of the room. We were at the hotel for 3 days and the staff was very helpful in our many needs.
We will use the hotel again on our next visit to Salt Lake. There are a lot of hotels in this area but we like the service at this one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Stockbridge, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night as a stopping point on a long road trip. I was quite pleased. The pool area was nice and the sauna was a bonus. The rooms are nice and large and there was a refrigerator and microwave hiding in the closet. I did not think the room was dirty at all. Sure the bedding and decor were a little outdated, but you get what you pay for. The front desk staff was super friendly and that is always a plus.

If we were ever in the area again we would definitely use this hotel. In the morning there was a full breakfast waiting for us. My only complaint was that the wifi was not easy to connect to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Airport/International Center? Share your experiences!