“Very poor quality and overcharged!!” 1 of 5 stars

(801) 532-5269
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bakeries, Delicatessen
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Very poor quality and overcharged!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I ordered a chef's salad and cup of soup.The salad greens were discolored, wilted, obviously not fresh and simply inedible. Since the wilted greens were overwhelmingly the lions's portion of the salad, I was not satisfied with the tiny portions of ham, turkey and cheese that were sprinkled over the inedible greens, possibly to hide their poor quality. Also, I was overcharged for the soup, as a cup of soup combined with a salad should have a discounted charge. I was charged the full amount for the soup, as if that was the only item ordered. With all of the new, great and well-priced dining choices now available downtown, I cannot understand how anyone would choose Skool Lunch with its high prices and obviously poor quality. I regret having to write this; however, it is unfortunately the way it is.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“I just have to have a half breakfast sandwich now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

When I lived in SLC, I went to Skool Lunch every day for a while to enjoy a half breakfast sandwich (no cheese, please). Now when I visit, Skool Lunch is either my first stop or I make plans to be there as soon as possible. Other sandwiches, soups and cookies, etc. are also delicious as well. They also deliver.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
slc
“I love Skool Lunch!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

the egg salad is to die for, the chicken cashew is awesome. great service great value. i just wish they would of stayed on 400 s and main...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
salt lake
“Not again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

did you know that they don't always wear gloves when making your order? I went to their location in S. Salt Lake yesterday & there is a lady there who hardly ever put gloves on - the only thing I trusted was my soup & even that was under flavored & bland - like everything else. their "amazing" chocolate crispy bars can be easily made at home and wouldn't taste stale like the one I had yesterday. the only thing good about their service is the girl with blonde hair - but she touches her face & hair & doesn't change her gloves - neither does the short dark haired lady - after taking out the trashes

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SLC
“TERRIBLE chicken cashew salad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Chicken cashew salad: $7.95
limp bed of lettuce
scoop of canned chicken w/ mayo
handful of cashews
Huge waste of money and lunch.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere