“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn on the Hill

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Lake City
Inn on the Hill
225 North State Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84103 (Formerly Inn on Capitol Hill)   |
Special Price
$10 off room rate
Ranked #1 of 12 Salt Lake City B&B and Inns
Provo, Utah
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed in the "salt air" suite. It was very nice. When we arrived we were given a quick tour, offered fresh home made doughnuts. Each floor has its own complimentary refreshment area with soda, water, and snacks. The hotel is very close to temple square and was a very pleasant walk to that area. I would stay here again. Breakfast was very good and service was excellent.

Room Tip: Salt air is beautiful. If you want a really nice view of the city, the wasatch and Bryce Canyon sui...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We loved the Inn on the Hill. It is within walking distance of Temple Square and lots of downtown restaurants and shopping. We stayed in Bryce Canyon which looked toward the Wasatch mountains. The house was undergoing some renovations but it is lovely throughout. The breakast was excellent, the woodwork, art, rugs, stained glass, light fixtures, and guest rooms are amazing. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fresno, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here for 4 WONDERFUL days. Although this was my first B & B, it will most definitely NOT be my last!! The room was on the bottom floor, however, I could NOT hear the people staying in the room above me. The ambiance was beyond anything I had expected! The wonderful people that cared for me while I stayed, made me feel more like a guest in a home, rather than a guest in a Motel/Hotel. They (every one of them) were consistently concerned with my comfort. The breakfast was individually scheduled to meet my needs, freshly cooked, and was delicious! Thank you EVERYONE - (I'm afraid to name them, for fear I may leave someone out) I will be coming back for a visit in the near future, and I recommend this fabulous B & B without ANY hesitation.

Room Tip: Tell them what you would like, ie a room with a view, no sun in the morning, not upstairs -etc..they...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Room: I stayed in 2 rooms. I preferred Arches's Bathroom, but Snow Canyon had a bigger bed! Both rooms were amazing. Tastefully decorated. Clean (I'm a clean freak.)!!! Large. All the necessities. They even let you check out DVDs from their library.

Food: I am gluten free, and the chef totally accounted for that. She even made some of the snacks that areset out in the evening especially for me! The food is incredible. Every AM, the breakfast was a gormet meal, yet you never left hungry. They accomodated just about any time for breakfast, which was really helpful since I was visiting for work and had to leave the Inn early some mornings.

Staff: Friendly, knowledgable. Made me feel like I was staying with family. Very rare!

Location: Really is on a hill. About 15-20 min walk to convention center (but I'm a super slow waker). It's like 0.9 mi to convention center, so you may be faster than I. Walk was wonderful, though, as you could cut thru the Temple's gardens which were in bloom while I was there in April.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I first stayed here in 2010, and though I thought the breakfast was pretty mediocre, I liked the inn enough that I just stayed here for the third time. I am happy that the management has made some changes since the last time I was here, beginning with breakfast: Sarah told me that breakfast is now made by a hired chef, and I must say that it is much better now than the previous two times. I was also glad to see that the owners have gone the route of letting guests opt out of daily linen/towel changes -- luxury does not have to mean wastefulness.

We were in town for the Salt Lake City marathon, and I must say that Jacuzzi was absolutely wonderful after running in the cold rain!! We didn't have a fireplace in our room, but it didn't matter because we just went into the library and relaxed with the endless supply of coffee/tea in front of the fire -- and no one said anything about our wet running shoes drying on the hearth :-)

I have stayed in three different rooms now, and all have been comfortable, though the noise level does vary depending on your proximity to North State street as well as the mechanical components of the house. We were in Snow Canyon, one of the ground floor rooms. A little dark with a constant, low-level noise from the bathroom that we couldn't figure out, but that sounded like the droning of an exhaust fan. Still, a lovely, cozy retreat, and over all we had a great stay.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very friendly and efficient staff. Good breakfast. "free" goodies (shampoo, etc and chocolates) were generous and of very good quality.
Excellent location for downtown SLC. You can walk to several restaurants.
Would certainly go back.

Rexburg, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I spent the first night of our honeymoon in the King's Peak room, and we didn't want to leave!!! The hospitality and kindness of the staff was more than excellent and we LOVED our room--amazing breakfast, too!! We were very impressed, and we plan to go back. Everything was very comfortable, and the convenience of the snacks and drinks right outside our room was so nice. Top marks for the Inn on the Hill in every way!

Room Tip: King's Peak is great! At the top, great view, beautiful room and bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on the Hill? Share your experiences!