“So relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Haxton Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Lake City
Haxton Manor
943 East South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84102   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Salt Lake City B&B and Inns
“So relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had a getaway overnight and we stayed at Haxton Manor for one night wishing we could stay longer. Cindy was the Inn Keeper while we were there and se is the most charming, charismatic and just over all the definition of customer service! We have already made plans to come back in may to celebrate our 3yr wedding anniversary, that my hubby gets to plan with Cindy. I would recommend this wonderful B&B to anyone Anytime!!!

• Stayed November 2012

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful Manor with tastefully decorated rooms and very friendly and pleasant staff. The bathroom would benefit from a new shower head.Breakfast is served in the dining room and allows for inspiring conversations with fellow travelers.

• Stayed July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My initial experience of Salt Lake City was fairly awful, given the terrible treatment I had been given by the staff at the Royal Garden Inn... However, all that changed due to my Delta Angel Russ, who directed me to the Haxton Manor.

One word for this place... Wow!

Jennifer, the innkeeper for the night, was so welcoming and made every effort to make sure my stay was a great one. Given bottled water to take with me and escorted to my room, this place felt very homely.

The Haxton Manor is a B&B styled in the idyllic English manor of the 1930s/1940s. It is decorated with many quirky English-isms with an armoured guard and butler statues amongst many antiques and old photographs.

The bedroom was glorious, with a four poster bed, sitting room and giant bathroom, with a wardrobe with robe and slippers. My room was the Westminster. I managed to get a peek at some of the other rooms and they were just as gorgeous.

I slept like a baby and as I had already been informed I could check out 'whenever' and have my breakfast when suited me (I booked for 10.30am) I took my time to enjoy the room and all its glory. This is the type of establishment I would stay in for a whole week and to be honest would be a key reason I would return to Salt Lake City. The location of the Haxton Manor is in a gorgeous part of the city and really enjoyable to walk around the streets there to take in all the architecture. The Haxton Manor is about 15 minutes walk from the Temple and main area of downtown Salt Lake City.

When I descended from my room to the dining room I was given a cooked breakfast and fruit salad. Basically I was given as much juice and coffee as I wanted and Jennifer was a great person to chat to to give me a sense of what Salt Lake City has to offer. She was even kind enough to print off a map of the city, a timetable of the train back to the airport. Overall, her hospitality was over and beyond what I would expect anywhere.

I was sad to leave this place but happy that it turned around my initial experience of Salt Lake City. I will definitely be back here and would 150% recommend the Haxton Manor as THE place to stay in Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: Stay here when visiting Salt Lake City. It will make your experience amazing!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed one night while on a long road trip, phoning for a room a few hours before we arrived. The owner offered suites, whirlpool tubs, and other luxury we didn't need, so I kept emphasizing that we wanted very simple accommodation. Finally, she offered a queen bed and shower, but at a high price. I accepted, assuming that was the simplest room. When I arrived and paid (not her, but her brand-new assistant) I learned that we were the only guests, and there were two rooms significantly less expensive.

But I'd already given my credit card. I then asked the assistant if we could do a small load of laundry. She said yes; but the charge was $10 to do a load of wash and $10 to use the dryer! We passed.

Later, in town, I began thinking about the tax on the room. I checked AAA on SLCity's room taxes, and realized I'd been charged more tax than they claimed I should have. I assumed the new girl made a mistake. On returning at night, I asked her, and she showed me that she makes no tax calculation; she just charges what the owner has printed on an instruction sheet. Perhaps AAA is mistaken? And the internet as well?

Next morning, the owner herself was present, cooking breakfast. For the first time ever in a B&B, I had to begin introductions. She was so unfriendly she apparently did not plan to tell us her name.

The brochures brag on the "English style breakfast," but I've traveled England and marveled at the breakfasts. This breakfast was just one little glass of sliced fruit, some dry, marble-shaped scrambled eggs, two thin slices of bacon and two pieces of generic white bread. I got jam when I asked for it.

Finally, when we loaded up and were ready to leave, she didn't come out to say goodbye. Instead, I had to return to her door to ask if there was anything she needed of _us_. She said, rather haughtily, "My key?" When I explained I'd left it in the room, she finally offered us a good trip, and to come back. We won't!

I note the brochure lists the owners as "Buffy and Douglas King." Her name was different. Perhaps this place changed hands? Nice house, ordinary B&B room, good enough location, but I feel ripped off.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vernon, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this delightful heritage home. The owner, Buffy, enthusiastically shared photos and stories about its early history. The breadfast was superb (ask for the house specialty, stuffed French toast). Temple Square, shopping and restaurants are nearby. We would definitely pay a return visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a night at the Haxton Manor, near downtown Salt Lake City. We stayed in the Windsor Suite, which has a queen bed, a desk and chair, an armoire, a small closet, and two comfy chairs. The bathroom has a large shower/tub combo, enclosed in glass. It is on the front side of the house, so while I was awake I noticed some traffic noise, but it didn't bother me at all during the night. It was a beautiful room, with nice details throughout. The breakfast in the morning was simple, but fit my gluten-free needs (although my husband was wishing for a baked good of some sort on his plate!). Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and I am happy to recommend Haxton manor to you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were lucky enough to get to spend a night at this 1800's mansion turned B&B this weekend. The house itself is gorgeous! The period restorations they've done are impressive. The hostess was attentive and sweet. We stayed in the Sussex Suite which has a nice oversized tub (fits 2 larger people comfortably)that is open, vs in a shower enclosure in some of the other rooms. We were the only ones there that night so the next morning we were able to choose what she made us for breakfast. It was a beautiful stay :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful but if you want a romantic tub, then choose the Sussex
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Haxton Manor? Share your experiences!