“Top notch sushi and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Approx. 350 South between Main and West Temple.
Transit: Conveniently located between both "Gallivan" and "Courthouse" TRAX (light rail) stops.
Description: Takashi pushes the envelope of contemporary Japanese cuisine, presenting unrivaled sushi and sashimi along with innovative small plates and hot entrees in a memorable downtown setting. Whether you prefer a bar side seat with a view of the action at the cutting boards, or a cozy table for two, our friendly and knowledgeable servers will guide you through the menus, the specials board, and our excellent collection of premium sake, beer, wine and fabulous specialty cocktails. WHILE MOST SEATING IS ON A WALK-IN BASIS, we do offer a few early reservations through Open Table.
Selden, New York
“Top notch sushi and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Visited here from NY and have been to many top notch sushi eateries in NY. This is probably the best sushi I have ever had or at least top three! Not cheap but if you want the best this would be it. Several very unique dishes and service was impecable. Easy to get to and parked right in front.

New York City
“Excellent sushi is SLC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The wait can be long, and reservations are not accepted. Be prepared to wait and have a drink or two. The wait is worth it as the fish is fresh; the maki is imaginative and delicious. Hot options were also very tasty. Sit at the sushi bar and interact with the sushi chefs who take pride in their craft. This is an excellent place to eat in SLC, especially for a sushi lover. Be warned, the rice used here is much more al dente than you are usually used to, but it's interesting to try sushi this way.

Visited January 2013
Park City, Utah
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I recently went to Takashi when we were in Salt Lake City, after going to a Sundance film. We had no idea that Takashi was rated one of the top Sushi restaurants in the area, as we just stumbled upon it. We only found out after we left that it was a top ranked restaurant. (We Googled it and saw that it was highly rated- (#1 in some searches).
We arrived at Takashi at 8:30pm on a Monday night without a reservation, and the hostess said that there was a 20 minute wait to be seated. We were also lucky enough to get a parking space that was 10 feet from the front door. After just 15 minutes, we we were seated at the Sushi bar, so we were able to watch the sushi chefs in action. The chefs all seemed quite skilled and worked quickly to get their orders out. The atmosphere of the restaurant was quite nice, yet trendy, and it was busy for a Monday night. I heard from regular patrons that were seted next to us that there can be an hour wait or more on weekend nights, so I guess it is best to have a reservation.
Our sushi checf was helpful and made a few suggestions. We ordered a miso soup (really tasty), a Summit roll (GREAT - no rice, wrapped in cucumber), and a spicy tuna roll (also quite good). The only downside was the shishito peppers that we ordered, which was not one of the chef's suggestions. I am used to shishito peppers being a little spicy with a sweet taste, and I found these to be so unusually hot, and the batter was tasteless. One of the peppers may have even been a jalepeno, as my mouth was on fire after I ate it!
I am still giving the restaurant 5 stars, though, as everything about it (other than the shishito peppers) was perfect. The menu was also well priced. My husband and I will definitely go back to Takashi when we are in SLC.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best sushi in Salt Lake City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I've had several great meals here. Expect a wait, but it's worth it. Recently, I had excellent service and two delicious, unique deserts. I'll be back!

Salt Lake City
“Sushi Ohlala!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have a lot of people come in town from NY and they always request we go to Takashi. They are always amazed that sushi this good can be found in Salt Lake City. My husband and I like to go at 11:30 when they open for lunch or at 5:30 for dinner. During these times there is usually no wait and you can sit without waiting. One of our favorites are the sable torched fish and the salmon skin hand rolls. Service always good. Prices are excellent when you compare sushi prices in other cities and the quality of the food.

• Visited January 2013