Stayed for 3 nights in late February 2013 in a room with a view to the north on the 11th floor. The room, cleanliness, noise level and amenities were average. Nothing stood out with this place. Internet connection was good. Room cleaning service was good. Two oddities:
(1) it was rather difficult to pull the water handle to get the shower to go on. The front desk person had to show me how to do it. I was afraid I was going to damage the shower water handle. I get the impression the hotel staff goes through this drill on a regular basis.
(2) The wall unit heater would either get the room too hot or it would be too cold. I left the heater on at a minimum overnight, otherwise I'd wake up sweating from the heat.
The location is the best thing going for this hotel. Right across the street from the regional light rail train (TRAX). Across the street from the Mormon Temple and new shopping mall. Also nice that there's a free shuttle service to the airport. No breakfast was included at the JB's restaurant adjacent to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salt Lake City's Dream Location Hotel. Located across the street from Utah's most visited attraction Historic Temple Square hosting six million visitors annually. Next door to the World's Largest Family History Library where you can research your family roots for free. Across the street from the Salt Palace Convention Center. Adjacent to the Gateway Mall Salt Lake’s Historic district. You will enjoy our friendly caring staff ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Salt Lake Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salt Lake City Plaza Hotel
- Salt Lake Plaza Hotel Salt Lake City, Utah