Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
Ranked #35 of 75 hotels in Salt Lake City
Phoenix, Arizona
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Have stayed here a few times and unless something changes, will stay being my "Go To" Airport when using SLC as my business route. Tastefully decorated, conveniently located near the airport and major freeway hub. Nice bar and restaurant on property and rooms are comfortable, clean and tastefully done with an updated style. Shower pressure is not the greatest, which seems to be standard for the region. Frankly, I can't remember clearly, since I've stayed at this hotel the last 7 times through SLC.

Room Tip: Try to stay high and in the front part of the hotel. Even though you have the parking lot, it is bet...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked this room via Priceline after staying at another local hotel down the street for two nights (We would have stayed but they wouldn't give us the same rate we paid for the first two nights) and figured we would be having a great experience, as the Holiday Inn and Suites was a full star level above our previous hotel. When we got to the hotel we were told they only had a room with one king bed for us and that if we wanted two queens, it would be an extra $20 a night, even though if you book with Holiday Inn on their website the price difference is only $5-$10 more for two beds, depending on the night. My fiance and I were traveling with my 17 year old son, so we needed two beds. We were lucky though as my fiance is disabled and by law our reservation could have been cancelled and our money refunded if the hotel couldn't give us a handicapped accessible room. So we told the individual at the desk, who's name was James that we would be needing the handicapped accessible room and he said it would be no issue to change our reservation and no extra charge, so we figured we were getting our second bed (we were told there was a couch in the accessible rooms). When we got to the room, the only thing that made it even remotely seem like a handicapped accessible room was the fact that there was one support bar in the shower and one near the toilet. The doors weren't large enough for a wheelchair to fit, and none of the counters were wheelchair height. Oh, and the "couch" was actually a chair with an ottoman. Also, the room was on the 6th floor which made things miserable when 30 minutes after our arrival some kid from the wedding reception in the ballroom pulled the fire alarm and we had to get my disabled fiance down 6 flights of stairs, only to find out it was a false alarm. The management at the Hotel didn't even apologize for any of it! Luckily my fiance isn't in a wheelchair and instead just has limited mobility but can get around with a cane if he has to. It was truly a disgusting experience all around. I will never stay in another Holiday Inn property if I can help it. I am also considering turning them in for calling that room Handicapped Accessible.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here if you have a physical disability! Their idea of a handicapped accessible room is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Shan_30ish,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I typically stay at the Holiday Inn Express locations but the Express near the airport was booked. Both are very convenient to the airport. I like the Express because the breakfast is included, average breakfast but you know what you're getting. This was a very nice hotel but I couldn't get past the smell outside. I was told that the smell comes from the Salt Lakes and is just part life in the city. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Coming to SLC monthly is giving me a chance to try a lot of different hotels. I can say these rooms were as nice as the Radisson downtown in the middle of the chaos where you are charged $15 per night to park your vehicle. So - a good value for the money and a really nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Urbana, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We ordered a room which accommodates two people who need separate beds. The order was submitted via priceline. The terms of our booking with holiday inn specified that the hotel guarantees to accommodate two guests.
The hotel refused to provide a room with two beds to us, telling us that unmarried male and female can sleep in one bed. We called the hotel corporate office and priceline. Noone was willing to help or even call back to check if our issue was resolved. Holiday inn told us to change our reservation and charged $20 for simply getting a second bed.
The difference in price for the room with one vs. two beds on the hotel web page is only $10. Staff behaved unethically and was unwilling to help. We ended up paying a full room price even via booking with priceline.

Not booking anything via priceline again. never staying at holiday inn again.
will be sharing my experience with all my friends/colleagues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Tatiana L,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City, UT.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is fairly large and is in good shape. The floors feel warped under the carpet in the hallway but other then that the place is nice. The food at the restaurant was nice and the prices were not high. All the employees were happy and helpful and it had a nice feel to it, that is till the next morning where I heard the owner berating the ground workers and basically walking around like a tyrant. When I said something to the front desk people they checked and then sadly told me its the owner so they cant tell him to shape up or ship out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

For the last few years this has been my "go to hotel" when I am in SLC for business. I only recently changed in 2013 as I am working on my Marriott miles these days.

The hotel has a great location just minutes from the airport and very easy to get downtown. The restuarant/bar is pretty solid and they serve up a good breakfast in the morning.

Internet is always prett fast and reliable and the rooms are fairly large and comfortable. The beds are your typical Holiday Inn bed, so nothing special.

My only complaint are the in-wall a/c units which are kind of annoying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West? Share your experiences!