“Nice hotel, smelly city, airport convenience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 West Wiley Post Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Denver, Colorado
“Nice hotel, smelly city, airport convenience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I typically stay at the Holiday Inn Express locations but the Express near the airport was booked. Both are very convenient to the airport. I like the Express because the breakfast is included, average breakfast but you know what you're getting. This was a very nice hotel but I couldn't get past the smell outside. I was told that the smell comes from the Salt Lakes and is just part life in the city. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Coming to SLC monthly is giving me a chance to try a lot of different hotels. I can say these rooms were as nice as the Radisson downtown in the middle of the chaos where you are charged $15 per night to park your vehicle. So - a good value for the money and a really nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Urbana, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We ordered a room which accommodates two people who need separate beds. The order was submitted via priceline. The terms of our booking with holiday inn specified that the hotel guarantees to accommodate two guests.
The hotel refused to provide a room with two beds to us, telling us that unmarried male and female can sleep in one bed. We called the hotel corporate office and priceline. Noone was willing to help or even call back to check if our issue was resolved. Holiday inn told us to change our reservation and charged $20 for simply getting a second bed.
The difference in price for the room with one vs. two beds on the hotel web page is only $10. Staff behaved unethically and was unwilling to help. We ended up paying a full room price even via booking with priceline.

Not booking anything via priceline again. never staying at holiday inn again.
will be sharing my experience with all my friends/colleagues.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Tatiana L,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City, UT.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is fairly large and is in good shape. The floors feel warped under the carpet in the hallway but other then that the place is nice. The food at the restaurant was nice and the prices were not high. All the employees were happy and helpful and it had a nice feel to it, that is till the next morning where I heard the owner berating the ground workers and basically walking around like a tyrant. When I said something to the front desk people they checked and then sadly told me its the owner so they cant tell him to shape up or ship out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

For the last few years this has been my "go to hotel" when I am in SLC for business. I only recently changed in 2013 as I am working on my Marriott miles these days.

The hotel has a great location just minutes from the airport and very easy to get downtown. The restuarant/bar is pretty solid and they serve up a good breakfast in the morning.

Internet is always prett fast and reliable and the rooms are fairly large and comfortable. The beds are your typical Holiday Inn bed, so nothing special.

My only complaint are the in-wall a/c units which are kind of annoying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I found the Holiday Inn very nice. I travel for business and this is by far one of the nicest hotels they've put me in. The service was great, cleanliness impeccable, and admenities were good. If you're looking for a great place to rest your head, come here!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Muter3 I appreciate your kind words. My housekeeping team is very proud of their impeccable cleanliness so I was glad to see you recognized thier efforts.

i appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again!
Union, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice airport hotel. Shuttle pickup and about a 5 min drive, good size clean rooms. Nice views of the mountains. Super pleasant staff. Great value for the price. Restaurant was nice and clean too...and the breakfast was good, will def. stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear aumkarnur thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate getting customer reviews and it is very rewarding when they are so positive such as yours.

Thank you for your business and I hope you come see us again next time through Salt Lake City.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West? Share your experiences!