Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
Ranked #35 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Southampton, New York
“WONDERFUL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Absolutely excellent hotel. Great room, QUIET.
Breakfast was absolutely excellent, desk staffer (Laura) set us with free membership that upgraded us on the spot, and we rec'd 30% off our excellent meal.
Nice pool.

One of the most comfortable beds i've ever slept on, by the way- What brand ARE they?

Room Tip: The far end (away from rt. 80) offers weaker wireless signal, which, for us, was a nice plus for bet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
David thank you so much for taking time to provide such excellent feedback! Great to see you were so satisfied with your stay. I appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to Salt Lake City!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed at my fair share of Holiday Inn Express properties when I travel around the US. I would rate this one as the best one I ever stayed at. I loved the decor, the restaurant, the staff. I was upgraded to a two room suite, once I was in my room, the front desk called and checked on me to make sure everything was OK. I even was given a complimentary water bottle. The room was large, and very comfortable. I did some work on the computer desk, relaxed in the lounge chair and the room even had a ceiling fan! The driver for the airport shuttle was very nice and took me right to the door at Delta. I would recommend staying at this hotel if you need to stay close to the SLC airport. I have stayed in several other properties in the area, but this Holiday Inn Express has won my future business.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room that overlooked the airport, I could see the jets taking off but barely heard the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and excellent comments about our hotel and my team! We take great pride in excellent service delivery and truly value your review. Thank you for your business and I look forward to your return visit next time through Salt Lake. Have an excellent 2013!
Commerce City, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great hotel good breakfast, quiet room, good service. Close to airport and new much better then the other holiday inn express east location. I will stay again. Lots of restaurants right up the street.

• Stayed November 2012
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Andrew thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. It makes the team and I very happy when we are able to impress our guests and please them as we have with you. I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again next time you come through Salt Lake. Have a great holiday season!
greer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I just wrote a review about the hotel next door. It was about the Hilton Airport hotel. It was not complimentary.

The rating is based on similar airport hotels with similar daily fees (low $60 range).

The room was nice, the kind one expects from a good airport hotel. The restaurant was actually pretty good. "Captive restaurants", those located in hotels which are far away from other restaurants are usually dismal affairs. This one was nicely appointed and the service was exceptional and the food was well above average. The bus service to the airport was on time within a few seconds. The people who worked there were knowledgeable and friendly.

The only reason why it did not receive 5 stars was their lobby computers. Ours was broken and had to rely on one of the two downstairs. It did have FOXFIRE for Apple enthusiasts but the space was small and cramped with no printer. It was right next to a very, very small store selling snacks. Friends of the store proprietor were lolling on the computer seats when we got there and they quickly gave us the computers to use but I thought it was a bit tacky. The big problem, and the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 was the fact the computers were so slow that we could not access our email without an interminable wait. Manager/Owner...do something about this and you will get 5 stars!

Room Tip: These airport hotels in Salt Lake always seem to be pretty full so reservations are wise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate the time and consideration to give us your feedback. I wish we had the two new computers installed prior to your arrival. They are being installed this week. Again, we appreciate your reply and your business and look forward to seeing you next time you come through Salt Lake.
Dietrich, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We took a mini family vacation that included the last kid/teenager in the house for visits to the zoo, museums, Cabellas (for me), and dinning. I'm familiar with the lay out of SLC and and adjoining cities so when you take in the amount of interstate travel available from an airport location I give a nod to staying out away from the downtown. Take a look at a map I 15, I 215, I 80, Redwood Rd., Bangerter Hiw. With some planning and a Google savy navigator (wife) you can visit a lot of places from an airport location without to much city traffic. Ok, for the Hotel part very nice, 4 pillows on the bed now I can leave my favorite pillow in the car. Air conditioning worked great with minimal noise, and as far as noise the traffic and airport location was for me not a factor. The bed/mattress was one of those that I would call hotel firm after about six hour you don't want to be in bed any longer. The shower now this is where I get critical, wow it was great plenty of hot water, the showerhead delivered and no interuption from other guest using the water at the same time. The exhaust fan in the bathroom either didn't work or wasn't wired to light switch. No big deal I've shaved with a foggy mirror before. Our 4th floor location was great and I would ask for it again, the guest noise was very minimal almost none at all!!! We already had our dinning itinerary mapped out so I can't comment on the restaurant except that if you have a $10.00 hamburger or a $13.00 basic breakfast you should have lines into the lobby before I take a seat. On our second night we had spent all day taking in SLC from early AM till 8:30 PM only to find we can't find a place to park because the Studdebaker crowd had 2/3 on the parking lot roped off for themselves. Was I irritated, you bet when I went to the front desk for help I was given directions to the rear of the building using a private parking lot. Then a slog thru the swamp/grass where Canadian geese and mallard ducks from a nearby lake spent a great deal of time forraging and pooping. The next morning I had to retrace my steps back thru the ankle deep water with my family gleefully watching from above ready to film any angry goose/duck encounter. Ha Ha. I made to car without a YouTube momment. All of this for a Rambler/ Studebaker/American Motors gathering. I'm old enough to remember Studdebakers and yes I drove a Studdebaker pickup when I was young re: floor mounted ignition switch/swing away fenders, ha. We laughed at our neighbors driving Ramblers then came American Motors ok I've cried enough. I still favor Fords, ha.Other than my fit about parking this Hotel works and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask if the American Motors Club is going to reserve the lot for themselves, ha,ha.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
David thank you for your post. I always appreciate receiving feedback from guests regarding their stay at my hotel. It is very valuable for me and my team.

My apologies about the hotel being overtaken by Studebakers! They planned their big event three years ago and were very excited to all be here together.......even though they did dominate our parking lot!! I appreciate your patience.

Thanks again for your time and your business. I hope to see you and your family again next time you are coming through Salt Lake.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I have been staying here regularly since I discovered this place in 2007. The location is Great, easy to get around from here. The management obviously places a premium on customer service - I have seen no less than 4 groups of front desk, restaurant and bar staff come Nd go and all of them have been attentive and concerned with my experience here.

I have tried a number of hotels in the SLC area as I am here around 30 nights per year and this place is the beat I have found.

• Stayed September 2012
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about my team and our hotel. It is very rewarding to see you refer to our hotel as your "home" away from home. That is the feeling we hope all of our guests will feel after staying with us. My team is very personable and takes great pride in delivering great service that our guests love.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

It's a new Holiday Inn but they give no extras. The rates are high for comfortable rooms. I'm platinum with Priority club and was offered no upgrades, discounts or vouchers. The staff was very helpful when I got sick during the trip. The in house restaraunt is about the only place to eat for miles around.

• Stayed August 2012
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your business and for your feedback. We truly do value you as one of our Priority Club Platinum members. I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary chocolate chips cookies and Dasani bottled water that we have for our Priority Club members. We also have breakfast coupons for our Platinum members and we do provide room upgrades when they are available. Typically we are sold out during the week so upgrades are sometimes difficult to come by mid week. Again, I appreciate your honest feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity next time you come through Salt Lake City.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West? Share your experiences!