I just wrote a review about the hotel next door. It was about the Hilton Airport hotel. It was not complimentary.
The rating is based on similar airport hotels with similar daily fees (low $60 range).
The room was nice, the kind one expects from a good airport hotel. The restaurant was actually pretty good. "Captive restaurants", those located in hotels which are far away from other restaurants are usually dismal affairs. This one was nicely appointed and the service was exceptional and the food was well above average. The bus service to the airport was on time within a few seconds. The people who worked there were knowledgeable and friendly.
The only reason why it did not receive 5 stars was their lobby computers. Ours was broken and had to rely on one of the two downstairs. It did have FOXFIRE for Apple enthusiasts but the space was small and cramped with no printer. It was right next to a very, very small store selling snacks. Friends of the store proprietor were lolling on the computer seats when we got there and they quickly gave us the computers to use but I thought it was a bit tacky. The big problem, and the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 was the fact the computers were so slow that we could not access our email without an interminable wait. Manager/Owner...do something about this and you will get 5 stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Newly Built Salt Lake City Airport Hotel! Minutes from Salt Lake International Airport, downtown Salt Lake City, and four beautiful ski resorts on the Wasatch Mountains, the Holiday Inn Salt Lake City Airport West is ideally located. A free airport shuttle is available. Well- appointed guest rooms in rich, warm tones with spacious and well-lit work areas will delight you. Stay connected with free high-speed Internet access in-room and throughout the hotel. Tie up loose ends in our 24 hour business center and enjoy the HD flat screen TVs when work is done. Triple sheeted beds and a pillow menu provide a superior night s sleep. Dine on American-Italian cuisine in our full service restaurant or enjoy the ease of room service. Shoot some pool or catch a game on large plasma TVs in our lounge. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center, indoor pool, and whirlpool. Plan a successful event with our professional meeting and catering staff. We offer over 2300 square feet of flexible meeting space. Visit these popular attractions while in Salt Lake City, Home to the XIX Olympic Winter Games: Temple Square and the Great Salt Lake. Visit our corporate neighbors: GE Healthcare, ADP, and IHC. Experience all that the new Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Airport West has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
- Holiday Inn Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West Utah