“My "Home" in SLC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 West Wiley Post Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #36 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
“My "Home" in SLC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I have been staying here regularly since I discovered this place in 2007. The location is Great, easy to get around from here. The management obviously places a premium on customer service - I have seen no less than 4 groups of front desk, restaurant and bar staff come Nd go and all of them have been attentive and concerned with my experience here.

I have tried a number of hotels in the SLC area as I am here around 30 nights per year and this place is the beat I have found.

• Stayed September 2012
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about my team and our hotel. It is very rewarding to see you refer to our hotel as your "home" away from home. That is the feeling we hope all of our guests will feel after staying with us. My team is very personable and takes great pride in delivering great service that our guests love.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

It's a new Holiday Inn but they give no extras. The rates are high for comfortable rooms. I'm platinum with Priority club and was offered no upgrades, discounts or vouchers. The staff was very helpful when I got sick during the trip. The in house restaraunt is about the only place to eat for miles around.

• Stayed August 2012
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your business and for your feedback. We truly do value you as one of our Priority Club Platinum members. I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary chocolate chips cookies and Dasani bottled water that we have for our Priority Club members. We also have breakfast coupons for our Platinum members and we do provide room upgrades when they are available. Typically we are sold out during the week so upgrades are sometimes difficult to come by mid week. Again, I appreciate your honest feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity next time you come through Salt Lake City.
College Park, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed in two Holiday Inns this trip and both were great properties. This one, outside Salt Lake City's airport, is brand new and very fresh. Room was high quality, with clever allusions to Holiday Inns past (pictures with old signs, $8 room prices, etc. . .), a good bed, nice and updated decor, and an efficient bathroom. Quibbles include a door lock that didn't work so well--wouldn't lock back up, so had to get this taken care of with the front desk--and scant staff. Sometimes I went past front desk and there was no one. Also fitness center was almost non-existent. Would be nice if the hotel had arrangements with a nearby gym if the facility on site is so inadequate.

Location of the hotel is super convenient. Airport is very close (though Google Maps sent me the wrong way--beware) and downtown SLC is just four miles away, merely five minutes with no traffic.

Overall great value--my $51 bid was accepted on Priceline (usually about $129) and at the hotel, internet and parking are free. Beware if you use Priceline and require a double double--the Priceline rooms have just one bed, and getting a room with two beds will subject you to an upcharge. This is a heinous practice among hotels that treat Priceline guests differently, but they do here.

Interestingly, this is the only full service Holiday Inn in Salt Lake City, which I found odd. Does make it easier to locate though.

Room Tip: Double double rooms with two beds seem to be at a premium here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you TravelBeard for your thoughtful review. I appreciate the kind words and also the constructive feedback that affords us an opportunity to review our product and our procedures. It is through good thoughtful reviews such as yours that we are able to improve upon what we are currently doing. So thank you very much for your time, consideration, and your business.
Powell, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

This holiday inn was gorgeous and he rooms huge. The front desk staff was so professional and nice, they let us check in early. I would definitely stay here again. No free breakfast but buffet was 1/2 with coupon from checkin so my breakfast with coffee only $5.75 each including coffee. The food was very good. We also ordered pizza last night and it was made from scratch and do good!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ted C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Annette thank you for your thoughful and nice review! My team really prides itself on giving great service and preparing tasty food so to see it in writing in this public forum is very rewarding. Again, thanks for your consideration and I to see you on your next visit to Salt Lake City.
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Very impressed with the food at this hotel restaurant. The food was good and the service quick for our large group of 13. The fish tacos were yummy. I would eat here again.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your compliment to our restaurant! I too really enjoy the fish taco's......especially when they are grilled. I hope you will come back and see us again next time you are in Salt Lake.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Close to the airport and clean, quiet room. Lobby staff very friendly..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Glenn thank you for your positive feedback. It is our number one goal of course to impress our guests and it appears we were able to do so with you. Please come back and see us again next time you are here in Salt Lake.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This hotel was in the recent PointBreak list and we were on a trip to Yellowstone, so I booked two nights without any hesitation. It is only a 5-10 minute drive to get to the hotel from airport. When we checked in, a very polite staff welcomed us and said we had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite. It turns to be a mini suite with sofa and an extra LCD tv in a very small living room, but anyway better than nothing. They don't have free breakfast, and instead offer a voucher which takes 50% off our breakfast bill. The room is clean but the air conditioning can be extremely loud at night, which makes me give only 4 stars.

The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is a typical no-man zone, like in other US cities' outskirts. And I don't think there is any reasonable restaurant except the hotel's own within walking distance. But driving in SLC is relaxing and traffic is way better than other major US cities. So it is not a bad idea to stay outside the downtown and rent a car, if you can get a good price here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here and we hope to see you again next time you are in Salt Lake. I will have my maintenance team look at the air conditioning unit to see if we can quiet it down. Thanks for letting me know about the issue.

Again, thank you very much for your kind words and thank you for choosing to stay here at the Holiday Inn Salt Lake City Airport. We truly value your business.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Salt Lake City-Airport West? Share your experiences!