“Super value, if you need to be near the airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 N 2100 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #11 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
San Francisco, California
“Super value, if you need to be near the airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hard to go wrong here. We arrived in Salt Lake in the evening and wanted a hotel close to the airport. The hotel shuttle picks you in in minutes and 10 minutes later you are in the lobby. No jet noise did we hear, rate this very high sleep quality- Beds are really deep and comfortable as are the pillows. Rooms laid out very nicely extremely clean and efficient. Breakfast was complete with pre-made omelettes, bacon, sausage they have warm biscuits but should have the gravy to go with them.Al the other usual things like yoghurts, cereals, juices, toatst, apples and bananas, the coffee unfortunately was weak as are many hotels like this and you cannot adjust to make stronger. It has a small business center with computer/printer etc. Wireless Internet was free and OK but Skype did not stay connected.The price was actually cheap compared to places like Moab and other popular destinations.They are doing most things right. Would definitely stay here again if we needed an airport location.
Suggestion to management : Recylcle ! they are accumulating a lot of trash most of it recyclable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Airport East Property. We are glad you enjoyed the value, new beds, and breakfast. Thank you for your suggestion on better ways to recycle. Safe travels to you in the future, we hope to see you back again at our property or the Holiday Inn Express Brand.

Shanell Marinuzzi, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Evanston, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I first laid on the bed, I thought it was going to be lumpy as it was so soft. I was wrong - it was comfortable. The room was quiet, despite being on the second floor. I did not hear any neighbors or water above me. The hotel was in good shape and clean.

Thank you for the good nights rest.

Room Tip: I would want a room away from the freeway, which mine was.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for staying the Holiday Inn Express Airport East. We are glad you had a great night's sleep. We recently updated all of our mattresses and are happy to hear they provided you a wonderful nights sleep. Safe Travels to you in the future, and we hope to see you again.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived in Salt Lake in the evening and wanted a hotel close to the airport. This has the perfect location. I have stayed in other hotels near airport and often you can hear the roar of jet engines taking off and landing. Not so in this hotel. Very quiet.
The room was modern and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast buffet was ample. The coffee was fresh and hot.
I loved the water with lemon in the lobby (I was parched from a 4 hour flight) and the cookies and fruit were a nice treat.
The price was very reasonable. We will come back.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Jody1357, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the fresh coffee, lemon water, and cookies. We hope you will visit us again.

Emily Lee
Front Office Manager
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

This hotel, like all Holiday Inn Express, offers a good deal for clean rooms. We got these rooms through Hotwire.com and therefore didn't know what to expect, other than a 3 stars and being close to the airport. In fact, the hotel is about 5 minutes away and there's a free shuttle that starts at 4:15am. There's an indoor pool and no dinner restaurant. There's only one restaurant (Basilico's) that's walking distance and although it's not very inviting from the outside, the inside is quite nice and the brick-oven pizzas are great. No hesitations in going back to both the hotel and the restaurant. Rooms on one side of the hotel are close to the highway and causes a bit of noise. Free Wi-Fi everywhere in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not next to the highway.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, March 24, 2015
Thank you for your review and feedback of our property. We are glad you found our property to be close and convenient to the airport, and enjoyed the brick oven pizza by the nearby restaurant.

Valley Stream, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2015

I have stayed here many times. Its very convenient to the airport and downtown. We have stayed here when we go skiing. we travel around to many ski areas and it 30-40 minutes from 9 great ski areas. I love that they always have ice cold water in the lobby and warmed chocolate chip cookies every day. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly and does not turn over frequently
I will continue to stay there

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay of our property. We are glad you had an excellent ski trip again this year. Thank you for your loyalty and coming back each year. We are glad you enjoy our fresh hot cookies and fresh water each day. Happy travels!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015

The rooms are beautiful, warm and very very well appointed. This stay was the perfect evenings resting place, although it was a bet on the pricey side. Definitely not the Holliday Inn of my childhood, a real serious step into the luxury league and very well done. Guest services absolutely fit within what I would expect from this league of hotels.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay and feedback of the Holiday Inn Express Airport East in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are glad you found our property to be wonderful and exceed your expectations.

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

This hotel was AWESOME. I had an amazing stay here.

In fairness, the hotel is only a 2 1/2 star hotel. It's a $90/night hotel. So I didn't expect a four star stay. However, I got one. The price was 2 1/2 stars and the stay was 4 stars for me.

First, the customer service. My wife and I were using reward points to have an in-town getaway for Valentine's Day. I compared the various Holiday Inns in the area and called around. When I called this one, I asked about using points and upgrading to a suite. The lady I spoke to said to book the room and call back and she would give me a free upgrade as a Valentine's Day Gift. I was taken aback. Every other Holiday Inn we called wanted an upgrade fee, which I understood totally. However, this lady gave it for free. Further when I mentioned the hot tub she offered to put me on the ground floor near the hot tub for convenience. That's foresight and just awesome.

On the day of the stay, I called to find out the check in time. I spoke to Elias. He told me check in was at 3:00 and the room wasn't ready yet but to call back at 1:30 and he would check again. I called at 1:30 and the room still showed unavailable. However, he said, let me call the housekeeper and see what I can do and I'll call you back. He called me back shortly and said they could have the room done in about 45 minutes. Not super early, but again, they went above and beyond. This is service I expect from a hotel like the Grand America, not Holiday Inn and not when I'm using reward points. This was phenomenal.

Finally, we went to a local Chinese restaurant for dinner and it was pretty bad. The food was poorly seasoned. I called the front desk to see if they had salt and pepper. The breakfast bar was of course closed but Denise, the front desk agent offered to go into the kitchen to get me salt and pepper. Wow, again, wow. She could have said sorry no we don't have that but she took the time to help me with something that wasn't their fault.

Then there's the room. We stayed in the King Executive Suite. We've been watching a lot of Hotel: Impossible so my wife is big on clean rooms. She ran her finger along the top of the mirrors and lamps. She checked the bedding. She checked the drapes. The room was SPOTLESS! I can't emphasize how clean this room was. Then the bed, she did the face plant to test the bed. The bed was wonderful. It was seriously comfortable. That was one of the reasons we decided to stay in with take out. We wanted to cozy up on the bed and watch a movie. We slept great.

So in short, I strongly recommend this hotel. The price is great. The service is amazing. The cleanliness is top of the line.

Room Tip: King Executive Suite was awesome!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay and feedback of the Holiday Inn Express Airport East in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are glad you had an amazing stay at our property, and found it be the perfect place to spend your Valentines Day.

Shanell Marinuzzi

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East? Share your experiences!