“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East
Ranked #12 of 74 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Phoenix
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is like most other hotels of Holiday Inn Express. Good services for a reasonable price. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable with fresh, clean linins. They had all the basic amenities like microwave, fridge and free internet access in the room. The bathroom was large and clean with nice plumbing. The staff was polite and welcoming. The complimentary breakfast was tasty and filling. Decent little place for a comfortable stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments about the hotel. We are very happy you liked the accommodations for your stay. Thank you for staying with us. It is always nice to hear that a guest was taken care of. We do strive to provide the best service to our guests. Please come back and stay with us. We would love to have you here again! Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

the staff is real nice we spent a week this HIE and found quite comfortable our room had a king size bed our had a nice desk The breakfast bar was good the staff was real friendly and helpful to . The property had 3 floors the pool was nice to go in a the end of the day

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for spending a week here with us! It was a pleasure having you at our hotel. I am very happy you found our hotel to be comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, breakfast and the pool. They are really appreciated. Please do come back to see us, we would love to have you here with us again. Thank you!
Maryland USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

On vacation touring SLC spent two days at this HIE and found it to be quite comfortable. My room had two double beds which were on the soft side but I slept well. HVAC and HW were great! Internet worked well and room had a nice desk with plenty of outlets. Fridge and microwave. 32" LCD TV. Property had 3 floors and 2 elevators so no delay. On my 2nd floor saw new looking washer and dryer. Nice looking pool but could not use it was just too hot in the enclosed pool area. Like a sauna! Front desk staff very helpful. Roomy business area. Breakfast staff friendly. Would stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your place to stay while on your vacation. We are happy that you found our hotel to be comfortable. Thank you for the wonderful comments about your guest room, and the amenities in it. I am really sorry that you could not use the pool area due to the heat in there. We have taken care of that issue and the area has returned to normal. Please come back and stay with us again. I am sure you will enjoy the next stay more than this one. Thank you again for staying with us!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Where does the information say the shuttle does not begin until 3 PM; I booked when I read "Features: The complimentary shuttle is available to and from the airport" When I called at 2 PM from the airport I was told rather abruptly that the shuttle did not begin service until 3 PM; that I should return to the terminal and seek a shuttle.

Check in was equally as difficult as check in time was not until 3 PM, as well; the front desk lady had issues and commented at least 3 times that although she was attempting to find a room, "check in is not until 3 PM". Finally a smiling lady in a housekeeping uniform helped the front desk attendant find me a room.

Location is misleading as really not near the airport, in my case required a $14 taxi fare; and nothing is near by for meals except a welcoming sports bar, who serves great hamburgers and local draft beer. I will not stay here next trip to Salt Lake City, but will stay more downtown as work related travel is more central to downtown.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I am so sorry that you had such difficulty with shuttle service and checking in. We do offer shuttle service to and from the airport at almost any time of day because when our hotel shuttle is not running, we have a third party service we use as our back up. Unfortunately we lost one of our drivers and have had to rely on our third party service more often. We are in the process of rectifying that. For check in, we never guarantee an early check in before 3pm. We will always try to accommodate anyone who comes in early. At times it does mean waiting for a half hour to an hour for the room to be cleaned. I am very sorry for the issue you encountered with the shuttle and check in and I do believe it was a new employee that you encountered with both issues. No matter if it was a new employee or not, I will use this as a training opportunity to improve the way we handle circumstances such as yours. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I do appreciate and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and I do hope that we will see you again in the future. Best regards!
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We chose this hotel for a nights stay after flying into Salt Lake City airport. It was very nice and convenient to the airport. New and clean. The beds were great. Loved the breakfast bar. Would definitely choose this again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate the wonderful compliments you left about the hotel, our beds, and the breakfast bar. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you come stay with us again on your next trip to Salt Lake City. Thank you again for staying, and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express.
KENNEWICK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm still a guest at the Holiday Inn Express and plan to write a more extensive review once I check out. Today I was so totally impressed with Emily at the front desk that I wanted to write about my experience. I had locked myself out of my room so I had to venture down to the front desk to ask for a key. Emily was on the phone, making a reservation with someone that seemed to have all the time in the world. She was getting backed up with counter customers, but wouldn't let it show in her voice. Just as she got off the phone and was about to ask me if she could help me, my cell phone rang. I took the call, allowing the gentleman next in line to be waited on. My call lasted less than 4 minutes. When I returned Emily had already taken care of the gentleman I was in line with, was finishing up another check in, checked out the next person in line and then handed me a replacement key... all with a smile that made each of us feel as if the only reason she was at the desk was to take care of our individual needs. This is the kind of attitude I've seen from most of the staff during my third day of this stay. Very comforting and nice place. I hope to come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff, especially Emily. That is exactly the impression we want to give to all of our guests. You are the reason we are here! It is because of you that we have the Holiday Inn Express. I am very happy that you have had a comfortable stay and think that our hotel is very nice. Thank you very much for staying with us, we really do appreciate you! I look forward to reading your extensive review. Please come stay with us again!
Pine Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Excellent Property, after 10 days of constant on the go all across the State of Montana and Half of Wyoming, this was a refreshing way to end our journey. The front desk was especially cordial, and assisted us in returning our rental, providing transport back to the hotel and made sure we made it to a restaurant before it closed. They do have a snack room available for purchasable items, a guest laundry and the rooms are very clean. It is a sizeable property and so the personal touch is something to be appreciated at this location. Again it makes me happy to be a part of the HIE family. I ask at check in what time the shuttle stopped running, the young lady replied, "Just call us and we will make sure you get back okay after you turn in your car." Breakfast was great the shuttle drivers friendly and helpful. Great stay and will return! As usual though the night was too short! Did not hear the airport. Constant Fan too!

Room Tip: I took pot luck on the rooms, got a suite and all was well.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so very much for coming to stay with us! We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel. Thank you for the wonderful compliments about our front desk staff, shuttle drivers, and how clean our guest rooms are. It is a tribute to the wonderful staff we have and I will pass your compliments on to them! After 10 days of constant travel across 2 states, I'm very happy that our hotel was the great end to your journey. We hope that you will come back and see us again! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City Airport East!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East? Share your experiences!