“A good place to crash for a night.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 N 2100 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84116   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“A good place to crash for a night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We chose this hotel for a nights stay after flying into Salt Lake City airport. It was very nice and convenient to the airport. New and clean. The beds were great. Loved the breakfast bar. Would definitely choose this again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate the wonderful compliments you left about the hotel, our beds, and the breakfast bar. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you come stay with us again on your next trip to Salt Lake City. Thank you again for staying, and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
KENNEWICK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm still a guest at the Holiday Inn Express and plan to write a more extensive review once I check out. Today I was so totally impressed with Emily at the front desk that I wanted to write about my experience. I had locked myself out of my room so I had to venture down to the front desk to ask for a key. Emily was on the phone, making a reservation with someone that seemed to have all the time in the world. She was getting backed up with counter customers, but wouldn't let it show in her voice. Just as she got off the phone and was about to ask me if she could help me, my cell phone rang. I took the call, allowing the gentleman next in line to be waited on. My call lasted less than 4 minutes. When I returned Emily had already taken care of the gentleman I was in line with, was finishing up another check in, checked out the next person in line and then handed me a replacement key... all with a smile that made each of us feel as if the only reason she was at the desk was to take care of our individual needs. This is the kind of attitude I've seen from most of the staff during my third day of this stay. Very comforting and nice place. I hope to come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff, especially Emily. That is exactly the impression we want to give to all of our guests. You are the reason we are here! It is because of you that we have the Holiday Inn Express. I am very happy that you have had a comfortable stay and think that our hotel is very nice. Thank you very much for staying with us, we really do appreciate you! I look forward to reading your extensive review. Please come stay with us again!
Pine Mountain, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Excellent Property, after 10 days of constant on the go all across the State of Montana and Half of Wyoming, this was a refreshing way to end our journey. The front desk was especially cordial, and assisted us in returning our rental, providing transport back to the hotel and made sure we made it to a restaurant before it closed. They do have a snack room available for purchasable items, a guest laundry and the rooms are very clean. It is a sizeable property and so the personal touch is something to be appreciated at this location. Again it makes me happy to be a part of the HIE family. I ask at check in what time the shuttle stopped running, the young lady replied, "Just call us and we will make sure you get back okay after you turn in your car." Breakfast was great the shuttle drivers friendly and helpful. Great stay and will return! As usual though the night was too short! Did not hear the airport. Constant Fan too!

Room Tip: I took pot luck on the rooms, got a suite and all was well.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so very much for coming to stay with us! We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel. Thank you for the wonderful compliments about our front desk staff, shuttle drivers, and how clean our guest rooms are. It is a tribute to the wonderful staff we have and I will pass your compliments on to them! After 10 days of constant travel across 2 states, I'm very happy that our hotel was the great end to your journey. We hope that you will come back and see us again! Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Salt Lake City Airport East!
Pleasanton, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have stayed at Holiday Inn so much so that we WERE Platinum members, but that has changed! The last two Holiday Inn's we stayed in were HORRIBLE to put it mildly - noisy, unfriendly, uncaring staff, manager never called as I was instructed would happen, etc. etc. So I called customer care to get some satisfaction that these were isolated case -- was on hold for over 20 minutes! After Vicki came on the line, she said it was MY problem that I VOLUNTEERED to be on hold for that long! So I asked for her supervisor, Andrew, who told me the EXACT SAME THING!! I don't even want to take a chance on another Holiday Inn when there are soooo many other hotels to choose from! And then when management doesn't even care about the customers...soooo sad

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I am so sorry that you had horrible experiences at the past 2 Holiday Inns you have stayed at. Even more sorry that you were treated the way you were with Customer Care. I do not know which hotels it was that you stayed at. If it was my hotel, Holiday Inn Express and Suites Salt Lake City Airport East, please contact me directly at the hotel. As the General Manager, I will do whatever I can to help you. Again my deepest apologies for your experience, and your frustration. Please let me know if there is something I can do. Thank you!
Queen Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Easy to get to off the 215 coming from Arizona. Across the street from the airport, but didn't hear any planes flying over constantly. Room was clean, good size and nicely decorated with a microwave and small frig. Bathroom was large enough, but, as one review mentioned, the lighting could be a little better. Good sized desk for the computer and good wi-fi connection. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast in the morning with the usual selection and was good. Definitely would stay again when in the SLC Airport area.

Room Tip: The A/C unit is noisy if you run it at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for coming to stay at our hotel. It is amazing how you don't hear the planes even though we are an airport property. Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff, I will pass on to them. We are very happy that the size of the desk and our internet met your needs. Thank you for letting us know about the lighting in your bathroom. We welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to having you with us on your next trip to Salt Lake City!
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just going to second recent reviews. Very clean, modern and spacious bathroom (could use a little bit brighter light, but nothing major). Smells good, safe, secure. Wifi outstanding - good place to stay on business and be able to get work done both in dining areas and rooms. Location easy to get to and will be staying here again when going to Salt Lake.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your wonderful compliments about the hotel! We are very happy that your stay was comfortable and that you were able to get done what you needed to. On a side note, I will have our Maintenance Engineer inspect the lights in guest room bathrooms to ensure we get as much light there as possible. Thank you for letting us know about that. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to Salt Lake City!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very convenient. Easy access from the airport and close to downtown and interstate. Quiet location. I've stayed here several times and the place is fairly new- built probably around 2010. Decent breakfast. Room was clean. Would definitely stay again when visiting Salt Lake. Great value for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jody1357, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Airport / East, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for coming to stay at our hotel, and also for your continued patronage. It is always wonderful to hear from our return guests and how they feel about our hotel. Thank you for your wonderful comments. If there is anything that we can improve on, please let us know. We welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we can't wait to have you with us again!