“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way back home from Reno. We didn't have a reservation but the front desk staff was very accommodating. They said they would give us a room on a quiet floor and it was a great room. Very clean and updated. I would stay here again when we are in salt lake.

• Stayed May 2013
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so pleased to hear that your experience here was a pleasant one. My staff and I value the comments and suggestions of each of our guests. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we could do to make your next stay with us even better than the last.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Salt Lake City area.

Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Elko, Nv, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had a medical emergency that forced us to travel from Elko, NV to Salt Lake. The patient was released at 6:00 am, I had already been up for more than 24 hours and needed some sleep before attempting the three-hour drive back to Elko. I called Hilton HHonors to see if we could get a room in the Salt Lake area and the very helpful operator I got contacted the Hilton Garden Inn and arranged for a room at short notice at a great rate due to our circumstances. The manager at the Hilton Garden Inn was also absolutely terrific and offered us the room through the night if we wanted it. The only complaint I had is that the room we were in was fairly noisy (first floor and you could hear traffic outside) and the windows needed better placement of curtains to block sunlight. I was also somewhat concerned about security in the open parking lot at the downtown location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest service survey. All of our staff strive to provide the best service possible to our guests and I am pleased to see that we were able to achieve this during your stay.

Thank you again for your input as it is with guest comments that we are able to better our daily operations. I apologize about the noise in the room. I hope that the rest of your stay made up for the inconvenience. If there is anything further we may assist you with or if you have any further comments, please don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Hayden Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here only one night but I would definitely stay here again. The room was clean and large with a comfortable king bed. Keurig coffee maker with real cream, microwave and fridge. Good breakfast.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you again for your input as it is with guest comments that we are able to better our daily operations. If there is anything further we may assist you with or if you have any further comments, please don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The king suite with a whirlpool tub was worth every penny. The tub was humongous and easily fit us both. It was in the bedroom which was private from the living room with a locking door. Two nice televisions, but you cannot hook up your own devices. I set up a string of lights for a little extra romance in the bedroom. Very nice view from the tub. The bed however was not comfortable for either of us. It was very hard but when you slept it sunk in and made it hard to move. The room would have been PERFECT with a different bed. It is adjustable but even then wasn't very good.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you again for your input as it is with guest comments that we are able to better our daily operations. I'm sorry you didn't find our beds comfortable. The Garden Sleep System beds are generally a hit. If there is anything further we may assist you with or if you have any further comments, please don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed there for a week and fell in love with the place the moment I talked to the lady at the reception.
The staff in this hotel are exceptional and treat guests like family. (no kidding) and that's not one or two of them but all of them.
Now the rooms were nice, clean ,spacious and equipped to some extent with basic needs
Bathroom was average holiday inn one but super clean that it looks like new.
The breakfast Buffett was to die for n never have I experienced such a huge variety of food in other hotels in the US of the same standard.
Location was good, u can walk to some places around and they've a Starbucks and 2 restaurants in their yard which also contains a beauty parlor and other shops
Actually u wouldn't feel isolated f u stayed in the hotel for days not going out.
The view of the mountains is breath taking.
Wouldn't choose any other hotel in SLC.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I love hearing such great comments about my employees. We try to make eveyone feel as comfortable and "at-home" as possible when they are here. It gives me great pleasure to hear that our efforts have payed off. Thank you so much for your kind words. Please don't hesistate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better!

General Manager Hilton Garden Inn SLC Downtown
Logan, UT, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

For the third year my daughters and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn during our annual shopping trip to Salt Lake City. Once again, it was great. This hotel is always clean and inviting. The rooms are very nice, and the staff is wonderful. Check-in was a breeze; in and out in less than 5 minutes. We had a nice soak in their spa one evening. Lots of clean towels and a very clean pool. We'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I am so pleased to hear that you have again enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please don't hesistate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Salt Lake City!

Hilton Garden Inn SLC Downtown
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Is there some law that says towels must be horrible for hotels? Seriously, they were like sandpaper. I'm sure someone will say that they have to be that way for folks with allergies, but why can't those folks request towels that are hard and let the rest of us have something that doesn't make our skin be shredded? Other than that -hotel was very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. My staff and I strive to provide the best service to all of our guests. I hope that, aside from the roughness of the towels, you were pleased with your stay with us. Be assured that we take every critique as an oportunity to better our daily operations here.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the Salt Lake City area.

Hilton Garden Inn SLC Downtown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown? Share your experiences!