“Amazing value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Modern hotel, very good facilities, perfect location for a great skiing holiday. We used to get on the ski slopes of Alta, Brighton, etc...in just over 20 min after leaving the hotel lobby...and at night you are downtown! Top quality service at reception desk and in the breakfast area, very friendly staff always looking after guests.
Only negative point during my stay is that swimming pool/spa has no supervision, eventually lots of kids & parents (!) playing ball games and making noise in an area that should serve as a relaxing space.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: standard rooms are very big and extremely good value
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerSLC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear matuk78,

thank you so much for writing a review for our hotel. I appreciate your kind comments about our facility and staff. I am glad that we were able to provide you with great value and accommodations during your ski trip. I hope you enjoyed the best snow on earh and you come visit us again next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Marianna Black

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed overnight en-route to Yellowstone Park. The hotel staff was kind and responsive, including the hotel manager Marianna Black was always around and very accomodating. Beautifully appointed lobby, comfortable beds, excellent work-out facility and business/computer room. Free wireless and affordable breakfast package (cook to order from a menu!). The manager even opened up one of the empty conference rooms so that my son could practice his saxaphone skill drills. We will stay here for certain whenever we're in Salt Lake.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear cfryar,
thank you so much for taking the time and writing a review for our property. I am glad that we were able to move you to a bigger room with an extra rollaway so your family was more comfortable. I hope you will invite me to your son's recital!!! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are back in Salt Lake City.

Newport, South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is an excellent hotel.The reception staff are superb - friendly, helpful and they put customer service first. The room was spotless, spacious and very comfortable. About 6 blocks from the Temple area made it quite convenient. Breakfasts, which were included in our booking, were excellent. If you are visiting Salt Lake City this is the place to stay.

Dear Jegw,

we appreciate your time and kind comments about our property. We take pride in our customer service and spotless rooms! I am also very happy you got to experience our wonderful cook to order all you can eat breakfast. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Salt Lake City. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of assistance to you in the future.

oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

So happy to stay at the Hilton. Across the street from the Convention center. Great location, both restaurants were fabulous, great wine, great service!!

• Stayed June 2011
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

The service here is excellent. Rooms are well equiped (microwave and fridge). Bathroom is lovely and spacious and actually has some useful stuff (mini mouthwash). The pool is open 24hrs and the hot plunge is delightful. The breakfast (pre-book it is better value about £3) is fabulous and never ending.... I didn't eat again until dinner. Regular free shuttle service picks you up from the airport and takes you back (ask hotel).

Dear LondonTubbs,

We appreciate your time and kind comments about our property. I am glad you enjoyed our cook to order breakfast, complimentary 24/7 airport shuttle and 24/7 facilities including the pool.
We hope you enjoyed your stay in Salt Lake City.
Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in the future.

Incline Village, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed four days at this property. Gracious staff, awesomely clean room and comfy beds make this a great stay. Quiet well insullated rooms. Property is new and built to the latest fire code. Convenient to freeway, airport, and downtown sights. Marilyn, (who I believe is the manager) gave us some good tips for sight seeing. Our one year old Garmin GPS does not show this property, but it is only one block from Motel 6 which is listed, so to find it we put that into the GPS. I do not eat a big breakfast, but I ate in the cafe for just a bagel and was not charged for the coffee.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear airmike 943,

thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds and quiet rooms. Because we are a newer property we don't always show up on all the GPS devices. It is a great idea to put in one of the older hotels and this way you will always find us. We sometimes use the Red Lion, which is close by. I am glad to hear you were able to start your day right with a complimentary cup of coffee.
We hope to see you back soon next time you are in Salt Lake City.

Saint James City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We loved our room. Price was good. Convenient to the airport. However, the "downtown" area where the hotel is located is not so great. Also, the morning we checked out, as we were walking to our car (which was in the very first spot, nearest the front door), a man approached my husband, followed us to our car, and asked for money. Had an "out-of-work, hard-luck" story. My husband succumbed and gave him $10. The guy then walked to his car which was parked on the other side of the hotel's front walkway, and where his "brother" waited. I wanted to notify hotel management right away, but my husband just wanted to leave. Later, while eating breakfast, I decided to call the hotel, and when I informed the front desk what had just happened, the response was underwhelming. The girl gave a simple "sorry" and said she would let their "maintenance" man know. That's it. In my opinion, that was not an adequate response to our experience, nor the appropriate follow-up action for her to take. I believe that if this girl had been trained properly in good customer service, she would have referred my call to someone in management for further investigation. This experience sullied what would have been a more favorable review.

Dear Wannagobyebye2day,

thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms, convenience to the airport and the price of the room. It is unfortunate that you had to deal with people that enter our private property and bother our customers. I will make sure to retrain my staff to address this issue more adequately. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in Salt Lake City to show you that we are the best choice in Salt Lake City.

Marianna Black

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown? Share your experiences!