“We always get the same thing...shrimp salad sandwich” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 1,212 restaurants in Salt Lake City
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dallas, TX
“We always get the same thing...shrimp salad sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Every time we visit SLC we all order the shrimp salad sandwich to go x 8 people. They are fabulous! My hubby who doesn't eat seafood gets the Chicken Alfredo and loves it. Their food is delicious regardless of what you get. Yum.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Salt Lake City
“Great food, atmosphere and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food is freshly prepared with quality ingredients. There is a proper cooking time and I've always received great tasting food. The sandwiches are a little pricier than what you will find at other casual dining places, however, the quality makes it worth the price. The homemade pies are to die for. The chocolate almond is my favorite and is served with fresh whipcream.

The service has always been good. The one time it wasn't good, the manager promptly took care of me without hesitation which is wonderful because I felt like a valued customer. I come here often during my lunchbreak and it is a nice retreat from my work day. I appreciate the hospitality and concern when so many places are only concerned with money instead of customer service.

I enjoy the atmosphere. It's trendy enough for a younger crowd, but sophisticated enough for any age. I love the hardwood floors and comfortable seating. The big, beautiful windows let in lots of natural light. The patio is a great place to dine when the weather permits.

The only problem I seem to have is when it's really busy, it's extremely difficult to find somewhere to park. The street is full, the other surrounding businesses threaten to tow, etc.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thousand Oaks, California
“love the dodo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

my family and friends love to eat at the dodo....it is such a good restaurant...they have a very good base menu, but, daily they have really good specials...the salmon is delicious...i love the gazpacho...and you have to save room for dessert! their pies are so good...go on tuesday when you get 2 pieces of pie for 1! every pie i've had there has become one of my favorites...but, the peanut butter cream cheese pie is the absolute best!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The menu was, expensive, the service good. We had a small fillet mignon cooked to perfection and gazpacho. the Gazpacho was a spicy tomato juice with cucumbers and avocado tasty but, not Gazpacho. The fillet had some brown sauce which tasted like a dark gravy. Deserts were large and of a cream pie type.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Good food and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had a rare night out with my sister and her baby, so we decided to try the Dodo restaurant. We both enjoyed our entrees and dessert was fantastic. The service was great; our server was friendly to the baby, which always scores points in my book.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere