“A superb and convenient place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   423 West 300 South (Broadway), Salt Lake City, UT 84101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Leipzig, Germany
“A superb and convenient place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed there in April 2013 for a week during a conference. The location is nice, quite close to the city centre, close to a nice mall and a lot of bars and restaurants. From time to time, you might see and unwillingly meet some homeless people around, as there is a homeless shelter of some kind just a block away from the hotel (east/north), but I've not encountered any kind of aggressive behavior from them (polite 'no, thank you' should keep them away from you).

The room/apartment was just superb. It was a King Studio Suite. I could not be more satisfied. A spacious, clean apartment with sofa, work table including free internet connection, king size bed, a big screen with a lot of channels, a kitchen with a microwave, frige with an ice maker, sink, and basic cookware. The bathroom was also very big and clean, with a tub. I also tried the hotel gym and the hotel pool with the hot-tub, both very ok. Breakfast was also very nice, a lot to choose from.

I could say I there were not many more clean and impressive places I have ever stayed in. I was very satisfied for the price I paid. I stayed another week in Radisson next to the convention center and I can say that Homewood Suites clearly outperformed it in both price and an overall impression. If you like the feeling of having kind of your own apartment with a touch of home on your travels, this place is definitely for you. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My stay was a short one.....only one night but I was very impressed. Ever staff member I encountered was friendly. The room was great. I loved having a fridge with an ice maker! The breakfast and managers reception are nice extra benefits.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Syracuse, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The best bed i have slept in ever...when not at home. This is a great hotel, nice pool area, great parking, breakfast and evening snacks.
You can not go wrong here.

This was a Stay-vacation for our anniversary and we were only 40 miles from home but we had a wonderful time. Walk to City Creek, the Temple, and the Gate way.

Stay here!

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor and you can ask for sliding door access to the pool...where you can BB...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place is good for long term business visit, the staff are good, food is fine, room upholstery is good and the hotel is in downtown. Things to improve: Centralised AC should be more powerful, courteousness of the staff providing shuttle to be improved, the swimming pool to be made functional round the year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

West Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I spent a night here after arriving around 11 PM on Amtrak. The taxi ride was quick ($5 including tip) and the staff was pleasant. We enjoyed the complimentary popcorn along with the coffee and tea service in the room. The room was very large. The full fridge and range burners we did not use, but if we had been staying longer they would have been great. The free breakfast was excellent, except for the coffee which I found too bitter, but it may have just been a bad pot. We liked the vanity outside the bathroom, but it lacked a make-up mirror. All in all, we very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I tried other hotels before I came here. I wish I started here first. My 6 month stay was a pleasure! The hotel staff was excellent along with their accomadations. I've lived in hotels for the last 4 years around the world and this is by far the friendliest and nicest place to live or visit. I can't say enough about the front desk and kitchen help, they made me feel welcome very morning and night I came home.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view and quiteness most on the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were just a little under-whelmed with the service when maintence(the rquest to change a blownout light bulb in the bathroom) was requested. Additionally, the internet connectivity was less than acceptable and house staff was unable to assist us. We were told to call the AT&T Helpline to assist. They were able to assist me with my connectivity, but my wife and daughter had difficultly gaining and/or maintaining access throughout our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Downtown? Share your experiences!